Callum Wilson

Nice quote from Cookie regarding the transfer talk around CW :

“If Callum keeps scoring, I am sure it’s going to be a tough thing to keep hold of him but I can’t remember the last player we sold that was a big part of the gaffer’s plan. I think that’s all you need to know."

Full interview here :
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...of-speculation-we-wouldnt-have-a-player-here/

Personally I'd like to see him establish himself here as a genuine 20 goals per season PL striker ( he has a chance this season ! ) before we let him go for a massive fee in the summer and with our thanks and blessings.

:utc:

Cookie is bang on though, who was the last? Ritchie perhaps, but had already beeb replaced to extent with Stan. Before that, Ings, Vokes, Pearce, Marvin, Malone? Was a long time ago
Only difference here though is that we're most likely not talking about 8m or 15m which the club could probably do without ( crazy to think, I know ! ) but more likely north of 50m. He is really our first player where cashing out could be an attractive option for the club as a whole. We stand to make A LOT of money on this one, which could be put to good use elsewhere. Also, unlike a lot of teams, our goals seem to be quite well spread throughout the team. We are not super reliant on Callum's goals in the same way as say Sunderland were on Jermaine's, so losing Callum doesn't necessarily endanger our chances of staying in the top league.
EDIT :
So what I'm saying is the club could be amenable to selling a contracted player it wants to keep if he wanted to go and the price being offered was attractive enough. Not saying that the club is looking to sell him at all at the moment, just that if the price is high enough it could be considered.

As I said above, I hope he stays until the Summer, stays injury free and gets his big move in the Summer if he wants it. Would also be happy for him to stay here forever but I think that's unrealistic. If he wants to play in Europe and feature more often for England, he might feel he needs to be at a higher profile club ( although he's not necessarily right to think that way, obviously ! ).
:utc:

Last edited:
Of course he's ambitious and I wouldn't stand in his way, but Kane will likely still be injured when the next international break comes (as long as Smithy doesn't give him his doctors number), so there's no reason why Callum can't stake a real claim in the England shirt. 50 million is too little, yes it's huge, but he's scored at every level, has a long contract and I think his ambitions are as much for the club as himself in the immediate term. Could be 9 figures by summer

Of course he's ambitious and I wouldn't stand in his way, but Kane will likely still be injured when the next international break comes (as long as Smithy doesn't give him his doctors number), so there's no reason why Callum can't stake a real claim in the England shirt. 50 million is too little, yes it's huge, but he's scored at every level, has a long contract and I think his ambitions are as much for the club as himself in the immediate term. Could be 9 figures by summer

Agree entirely with this.

He should stay until the Summer ( from our and the club's point of view it's a no-brainer ). The only thing is that Callum himself might be worried about getting another bad injury between now and then. So thinking about his future, if a big offer came in this month, he might be tempted to take it whilst he has the chance. If he wants to stay, I'm sure he'll stay. The club won't "force" him to leave in this window, I don't think the sums being quoted are high enough. I'm sure they would rather he stayed, got 15-20 league goals this season and if he is still interested in a move to a bigger club in the Summer, sell him for more money then.

I'd hope very much that we're in that group as well? I think many on here will be surprised by how many points we'll end up with this season. To already have 30 points at this stage is massive, and we have that run of games near the end of the season that are all winnable.

My gut feeling is that, with all of our players on top form, and with everyone fit, that we're the best side outside of the top 6.

Might be looking at this from a glass half empty point of view, but I think at least Everton and Leicester are considerably ahead of us in plans for pushing on... Wolves are ahead of us in probably everything except for their length of service in the PL, and even this is their 2nd stint here...

We've all loved YankCherry's thread and loved his comments on our little DC... However the reality is we absolutely need to improve our infrastructure if we're to push on, and stay pushed on. These are the ambitions that the board need to seriously match of both Callum and Eddie.

On our day, I'd agree that we are up there as one of the 'better sides' in this league, however, that has been our issue all along... Consistency... and to get that we need more quality in our squad, and to keep that quality happy (when not playing) we need better training facilities to allow them to play better reserve opposition etc. etc.

I'd love for both of them to stay here, and for Callum to see his top flight playing days out in Bournemouth, but both will probably want to see progression off the pitch as well as on it...

We're going to get some points off the top six in the next few weeks too I reckon.

With our current record against the top six I would not be too hopeful.

What is worrying me now is that we have to play Chelsea at home of which will probably end is a loss, in all fairness. Then we have to travel to Cardiff three days later when fatique may well set in.

Cardiff is a game where we simply cannot afford to lose after the Chelsea game.

What is worrying me now is that we have to play Chelsea at home of which will probably end is a loss, in all fairness. Then we have to travel to Cardiff three days later when fatique may well set in.

You do talk some rubbish. You said we would struggle against West Ham due to a lack of firepower upfront and if we didn’t lose due to their fantastic form it would be 1-1 or 2-2, now we can’t complete against the bottom teams in the league due to probable ‘fatigue’. What about the Chelsea players who are playing twice before they play us in 9 days? Are they going to suffer from fatigue against us? You contradict yourself from day to day. Hilarious really.

If you watched the West Ham game I think you would also feel fairly confident that we can put in a decent performance against Chelsea and push for a positive result instead of your ridiculous negativity.

I refer the right dishonourable member to page 12 of the match thread AFCB vs. WHU.

"Yeah, our two Premier League wins at Stamford Bridge were foregone conclusions weren't they?"

You wrote about losing to Chelsea twice already on Saturday. We know you like to predict doom and gloom from whatever corner of the world you inhabit (glad we didn't give that young Howe bloke a try now?), but why are you repeating?

According to you any game outside the top 6 we can't afford to lose and any game against the top 6 we are going to lose anyway.
Good luck tonight on your first duty as a part time security guard at the BMW showroom.

If you do not like my post then don't read it. I have stated many times but you and others choose to ignore it. One of the victories at Chlesea was down to Chelsea being in turmoil under Marineho at the time. The same applied to the Man Utd victory under Van Gal, both of these sides would have lost to a pub side at the time. You need to put things into perspective.

If you do not like my post then don't read it. I have stated many times but you and others choose to ignore it. One of the victories at Chlesea was down to Chelsea being in turmoil under Marineho at the time. The same applied to the Man Utd victory under Van Gal, both of these sides would have lost to a pub side at the time. You need to put things into perspective.

And the three-nil win at Stamford Bridge a year ago, how do you explain away that?

Agree entirely with this.

He should stay until the Summer ( from our and the club's point of view it's a no-brainer ). The only thing is that Callum himself might be worried about getting another bad injury between now and then. So thinking about his future, if a big offer came in this month, he might be tempted to take it whilst he has the chance. If he wants to stay, I'm sure he'll stay. The club won't "force" him to leave in this window, I don't think the sums being quoted are high enough. I'm sure they would rather he stayed, got 15-20 league goals this season and if he is still interested in a move to a bigger club in the Summer, sell him for more money then.

It's not a no brainer if Chelsea are the only club that are interested that are prepared to pay the money we want. Selling him in January could boost his price by £20m if they are due a transfer ban down the line.

;