Callum Wilson

They would be wasting everyone’s time with a bid of £35mil seeing as £60mil was being touted as our price only a few months ago. 60mil doesn’t seem that crazy considering what other strikers in the prem have gone for

I'd have thought 40 million about right for him but just shows that Eddie wants to keep his top players which is good.

So are Nottingham Forest, Derby, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth etc etc. I cant see Wilson jumping at the chance to join them should the opportunity arise.
Because there is no way they would be able to match the salary we pay him here.

So are Nottingham Forest, Derby, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth etc etc. I cant see Wilson jumping at the chance to join them should the opportunity arise.

Not in their ability to pay wages.

West Ham can outpay us and you get to play in front of 60,000 every week. We have to remember that while we are fanatical the players grew up in other towns supporting other teams. Their allegiance on a short career is to setting up their future and playing for a renowned team. They will also though have an allegiance to the journey Eddie has taken them on which is our one gravitational pull against the other pulls. Other than him and it being a nice place to live (and I’m not sure the latter matters that much) there is no reason to stay at Bournemouth if any other premier league team except Burnley come calling.

Callum has been seen at Coventry city a number of times.with his family.Coventry used to be a 'big club', does that mean he is weighing up his options ?

But there is one massive difference in us and the clubs you name.......I'll let you work that one out

...West Ham... ...get to play in front of 60,000 every week...

You claim 60,000 but Newham Council called bullshit on West Ham's claim to average 52,300, and said the real figure was 42,700.

At one game West Ham declared a gate but the council found the club had over-egged it by more than 17,000.

Anyway, footballers are humans and you can't make sweeping assumptions about why players go to different clubs.

Some will be motivated by money, others playing time. A number will want the chance to play in Europe, others will have personal reasons for preferring certain parts of the country. Home ground size could motivate some, and there's probably a few who want to be with their mates. Hopefully a minority are told what to do by their agent, and of course working with a specific manager, or not, could be important to some....

Also, humans and footballers desires, needs and wants change as life progresses, so the man desperate for cash aged 18 might prioritise stability aged 28, or vice versa.

So, unless any of us are mind readers, claiming to know what motivates an individual player's transfer decision is first class bullshitting.

Was chatting with a Liverpool fan and a Spurs fan the other night. They were asking what's our next step, they couldn't see how we grow or what realistic ambitions should be. I showed the training ground pictures they were impressed, and said I thought that although every season could be our last we have to be competing with Everton, West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle. Having players linked to Arsenal and Man Utd was fine but convincing the same players that the other moves are sideways was key

You claim 60,000 but Newham Council called bullshit on West Ham's claim to average 52,300, and said the real figure was 42,700.

At one game West Ham declared a gate but the council found the club had over-egged it by more than 17,000.

Anyway, footballers are humans and you can't make sweeping assumptions about why players go to different clubs.

Some will be motivated by money, others playing time. A number will want the chance to play in Europe, others will have personal reasons for preferring certain parts of the country. Home ground size could motivate some, and there's probably a few who want to be with their mates. Hopefully a minority are told what to do by their agent, and of course working with a specific manager, or not, could be important to some....

Also, humans and footballers desires, needs and wants change as life progresses, so the man desperate for cash aged 18 might prioritise stability aged 28, or vice versa.

So, unless any of us are mind readers, claiming to know what motivates an individual player's transfer decision is first class bullshitting.

Mmm... not so sure. Obviously without talking to people you will never know the truth I can’t argue with that.

There is a well trodden path of players that can make it towards bigger clubs and bigger paying clubs. It is a short career which can be made shorter by injury ( as Callum knows too well). The stability you talk about as important comes through a fat contract when you get to prime career that can set you up for life. Those contracts are mostly paid by teams with big crowds. Put those two together and it’s a hard mix to turn down.

;