Callum Wilson

Didn’t Callum win us the opening penalty from which King scored?

That was probably one of the most important times in the game as it gave us the lead in front of that Villa crowd.

I thought he was much better, although still not up to his best, but I thought it was a good team performance without anyone really standing out except Ramsdale who looked calm and Billing who didn't.

What's up with Callum?

New contract-itis?

4 years of security-itis?

First name on the team sheet-itis?

No chance of losing your place in the team to anyone else-itis?

Hundred grand a week-itis?

Four out of ten last week,six out of ten this week,for an England International and high wage earner,must do better.

He was keeping their defence occupied and pulling them everywhere on and off the ball. He had a brilliant battle with Mings throughout the whole game.

I really hope this thread isn't a dig as he doesn't deserve it after todays performance.
Certainly not a dig, far from it!

Only brought it up originally because imo we all know he can do better which is saying something since he hasn’t been that bad! Maybe it’s some of our high expectations of him and expect too much? Can’t complain too much however I know he can do better on certain situations and I’m sure he knows too!

He was keeping their defence occupied and pulling them everywhere on and off the ball. He had a brilliant battle with Mings throughout the whole game.

I really hope this thread isn't a dig as he doesn't deserve it after todays performance.
and then I read the post immediately after yours. :-(

FFS.

King can be lazy. He wasn’t yesterday. His decision making and confidence is all over the place at the moment and unfortunately it’s blunting our attacking edge

Kings game is all about explosive bursts. If you just run 60 metres in 7 seconds, it’s very unlikely you are going to be able to sprint back into position when the ball is lost. To some people they will not understand and assume laziness.

Players like Gosling and Surman cover more ground but it’s all at an even pace. They never “go into the red” as they say in cycling so they can maintain their effort for longer.

It would be interesting to see distance covered by our players, I reckon King would be right up there yesterday.
He should be at the top. You are supposed to press from the front. Strikers are the first line of defense. I saw King on a few occasions not even bother to chase the ball. He should be covering the most distance in every game. It's part of playing upfront.

He should be at the top. You are supposed to press from the front. Strikers are the first line of defense. I saw King on a few occasions not even bother to chase the ball. He should be covering the most distance in every game. It's part of playing upfront.
King wasn’t playing up front. He was playing in the hole as a no. 10. Part of his role is to drop into midfield and mark space rather than chase the ball when we are out of possession.

Pressing is one of the most misunderstood things in the whole of football. To be effective all XI need to be on the same wavelength and press as a unit. If you just aimlessly press you compromise the team shape. Something Harry Arter was guilty of.

We won’t know the exact instructions Eddie gave him, but I thought he pressed effectively when the ball was able to be won, and dropped make into midfield when we needed to make a 5.

;