Callum Wilson

Man City? Exactly! And most of the time teams will be going for damage limitation rather than chasing the game against them so they don’t need to dig in.

I’ll rephrase my “no teams press for 90mins” to “3% of teams press for 90mins about 80% of the time” if we want to be exact! (y)
That is better

We can’t press as a team with Surman on the pitch. The moment the press gets bypassed he hasn’t got the legs to get back in. Mobility is key.
I was being pedantic in reply to Tinpot Club,of course we can't press constantly.Like he said,if you have a major amount of possession during a game,then when the opposition have the ball you are normally fit and able to press

Lol even Adrian Durham was praising King yesterday....claimed that he was the most underrated forward in the league.....he may or may not be right but he's definitely not lazy and if I had a choice between King and Callum i'd keep King.
Well Adrian Durham says so then that must be gospel lol Callum Wilson all day long for me

City don't need to press an awful lot when they have upwards of 80% possession in most matches....:p.....it isn't possible for our forwards to press for 90 mins and still be sharp in front of goal when a chance comes....pressing is a selective thing certainly in regards to which particular opposition player the manager wants us to press ....he might be quite happy for certain players to have the ball.

Aston Villa beat us on every single stat apart from the big one. For large parts of the game we were second best. We struggled to win the ball back and when we did, we struggled to hold on to it. We were the better team for probably the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes after Solanke came on.

If Aston Villa had a bit more luck then we could of very easily come away with a loss. Why people are crying over the fact I think Kings performance was not good enough, and lazy is beyond me. Everyone is open to criticism otherwise they would be perfect right? Criticism is someone willing the team to be better. If you think we can't do any better than yesterday, then you a very deluded and naive. (Not directly pointed at anyone)

Aston Villa beat us on every single stat apart from the big one. For large parts of the game we were second best. We struggled to win the ball back and when we did, we struggled to hold on to it. We were the better team for probably the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes after Solanke came on.

If Aston Villa had a bit more luck then we could of very easily come away with a loss. Why people are crying over the fact I think Kings performance was not good enough, and lazy is beyond me. Everyone is open to criticism otherwise they would be perfect right? Criticism is someone willing the team to be better. If you think we can't do any better than yesterday, then you a very deluded and naive. (Not directly pointed at anyone)
No one is crying over your opinion.....they just don't agree with it.....i wouldn't get too upset about it tbh

City don't need to press an awful lot when they have upwards of 80% possession in most matches....:p.....it isn't possible for our forwards to press for 90 mins and still be sharp in front of goal when a chance comes....pressing is a selective thing certainly in regards to which particular opposition player the manager wants us to press ....he might be quite happy for certain players to have the ball.
That's what I said wasn't it,about city

Now yesterday on ESPN, they said ACFB was in a 4-4-1-1, not a 4-4-2. Does that make a difference at all in this discussion?

Which I’m fairly certain was a tactical choice. No teams press for 90 mins when they have a lead. It’s about keeping the shape and making the opponent play through you. We see it from opponents so often at DC too. And to be fair it worked. All Villa had in the 2nd half were crosses and long shots which any manager will be happy about

We dropped a little deeper when Surman came on . No complaints as I thought he played well but that invited more pressure than Eddie probably wanted, Every time I looked over both him and JT were gesturing for the team to push up . As for Josh, scored the penalty, improvement on last week without doubt, could probably be a bit sharper in the box but early days this season.

Strange thread. The OP initially stating Wilson was disinterested and someone else chipping in that King was lazy.....sorry can't agree . Eddie wouldn't put up with that crap and these two would bust a gut for the team.
Solanke adds real strength in depth to the front line and just gets in there, holds the ball up well and adds a physical presence.

No laziness I’m sure .Theyre all pro’s that want to win matches ...and I know we’re only two games in but where’s the telepathy we’ve seen between those three in the past ? Has Fraser made one run at defenders like we know he should be doing ?they seem like a new bunch of players not ones that have been together for years ..anyway as I said only two games and 4 points on the board but United and Villa with 20/20 hindsight should have been bread and butter for them .

Strange thread. The OP initially stating Wilson was disinterested and someone else chipping in that King was lazy.....sorry can't agree . Eddie wouldn't put up with that crap and these two would bust a gut for the team.
Solanke adds real strength in depth to the front line and just gets in there, holds the ball up well and adds a physical presence.
I think people just find it difficult to accept that players do have bad games or runs of poor form. They are always looking for another angle. It’s either disinterested, lazy, head turned or best of the lot - a bust up with Eddie. Nearly always it will be complete nonsense.

Now yesterday on ESPN, they said ACFB was in a 4-4-1-1, not a 4-4-2. Does that make a difference at all in this discussion?

Not in the slightest. It’s a pretty fluid formation and we don’t play it traditionally.

For example both wingers are advanced, so you could have called it 4-2-3-1 with little argument.

Reactions: OBX

;