Callum Wilson

He did
I think you are right , but if Matt is part of the deal we should take it. He still lives in the area. As for him not wanting to go back to the championship is what he did before so he could do it again. He is a good player with a voice to encourage the players on the field.

He did it before for a 100% increase in salary and to go to a club managed by Benitez.

I think you are right , but if Matt is part of the deal we should take it. He still lives in the area. As for him not wanting to go back to the championship is what he did before so he could do it again. He is a good player with a voice to encourage the players on the field.
Yep. He was exactly what we missed last year desire and hunger and an on field bollocker of others when they didn’t do their bit

Article here from the Newcastle paper today and it mentions Wilson as a number one target, but he won’t leave Dean Court for less than £20 million.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...astle-united-closing-second-transfer-18776959
We would be rather foolish to hold out for 20m with him on his current wage! For me anyway, it would be really disappointing to see him line up for us at the start of next season, if we hold out for that sort of money I've got a feeling he will.

Everytime the transfer season comes up Matt Ritchie keeps getting mentioned about joining us because he has a home here.

When the season starts he hasn’t joined our club.

Pretty sure when Ritchie signed for Newcastle it was a 5yr deal & £55K per week & that was Championship. Would have thought his wages may have gone up & Gayles likely to be similar so 2 players over £100K a week can't see it happening even allowing for Wilson off the payroll.

Would be good but not realistic.
You Seem jolly and happy today Waz.
I expect you’ll feel betrayed again tomorrow if Wilson goes for just a straight cash deal.
As long as we re invest the money in an able replacement then I have no problems. Wilson was obviously always going to go.

Would be good but not realistic.
You Seem jolly and happy today Waz.
I expect you’ll feel betrayed again tomorrow if Wilson goes for just a straight cash deal.
I think Gayle would be a realistic target, at least on a loan deal. He did a season in the champ on loan at West Brom before. Ritchie I agree given his wages probably isn’t realistic but you never know!

We would be rather foolish to hold out for 20m with him on his current wage! For me anyway, it would be really disappointing to see him line up for us at the start of next season, if we hold out for that sort of money I've got a feeling he will.

Callum isn’t on his Premier League wage anymore. His relegation clause is reported to be 50%. Clearly you’ve then got motivation issues and he will want to move but we aren’t paying him the best part of £100 k a week anymore

Callum isn’t on his Premier League wage anymore. His relegation clause is reported to be 50%. Clearly you’ve then got motivation issues and he will want to move but we aren’t paying him the best part of £100 k a week anymore
Who reported that Callum's relegation clause was a 50% reduction?

Ritchie is good mates with Harry arter so if Harry does come back for a final season then maybe attractive. As others have said, though, salary could be an issue for both parties. Gayle is solid in championship.

Yes Please! Ritchie’s family live in the area still while he lives away most of the week. He has made good money with Newcastle so may accept a salary cut for a better family life. He is a winner with great link up play and delivery from wide areas.

Yes Please! Ritchie’s family live in the area still while he lives away most of the week. He has made good money with Newcastle so may accept a salary cut for a better family life. He is a winner with great link up play and delivery from wide areas.
Was my favourite player to watch in the Championship, slightly ahead of Marc Pugh but that was 6-7 years ago. You always thought something was going to happen when he got the ball. I’ve not followed his career at Newcastle so don’t know what he’s capable of now.

;