Cameron Carter-Vickers

Why don't we just bung Liverpool the usual 20 mill or so and he can come down here and do very little for us for five years?

Regardless of past dealings with Liverpool... Ben Davies has done diddly-squat since moving there from PNE... He's a decent ball-playing CB that we could potentially get on loan, link up with his team-mate Pearson, and hopefully get him what he needs, game time...

Re Mepham, I really hope that he can make himself a permanent fixture in our defence next season, alongside Cook... however, unless I'm missing someone, without CCV we've only 2 recognised CBs at the club right now...

With CCV he was consistent in his play in every game and could be relied upon not to make bad errors.

Mepham as we saw was not in that bracket and made those errors that cost us.

I hope he shows the form on a regular basis that he showed for Wales against Turkey, for AFCB next season.

...don't forget we get an upgraded Mepham return from his Wales exploits!
That’s assuming he doesn’t attract a PL club to come sniffing. The television is a great shop window and the longer Wales stick in there the more exposure he’ll get. If we can pull in more than 10 mill then CCV would be a good buy.

That’s assuming he doesn’t attract a PL club to come sniffing. The television is a great shop window and the longer Wales stick in there the more exposure he’ll get. If we can pull in more than 10 mill then CCV would be a good buy.
Is this a joke? Mepham would be doing well to attract a league one club lol

Thought Mepham did ok last night like the rest of the Wales team but against fast strikers he is found out in my opinion

has anyone got the keys to the cupboard where they keep the internet?
if so, pop in and delete those games last season where he cocked up
that should get us an extra £5m

Meps has done well in the two games so far, and it is a great experience for him to play in the tournament miles from home and in unfamiliar stadiums with and against some really top quality players..
He has been fortunate so far in that both attacks they have faced have been a bit pedestrian and predictable.
He will be stretched a lot more on Sunday against the Italians whose relentless pace, interplay and movement would drag the best and most experienced defenders out of position. If he copes OK it will do wonders for his confidence and self belief when he returns to league football.

...does sound like Newcastle may secure his servies and good luck to him if that is the case, wouldn't really blame him for wanting a PL chance on better wages one would also guess?

That said I think that Kelly and Mepham could develop into a good partnership if they stay, with Cook as a good back up plan too?

IF Parker comes in then he will want to add to the squad,especially if we get some income from Danjuma,Brooks and Lerma should they all be flogged off.

I wonder if Diego Rico and Adam Smith may wish to move also, so Parker will have to recruit some defenders?

In fact it could be a swift turnaround given players going out and needing to pull in replacements for others like Stanislas, Billing and Begovic (although I would make Bego captain!)

Fun times ahoy!!

...also CCV not worth anymore than 5 mill IMO

Last edited:
...does sound like Newcastle may secure his servies and good luck to him if that is the case, wouldn't really blame him for wanting a PL chance on better wages one would also guess?

That said I think that Kelly and Mepham could develop into a good partnership if they stay, with Cook as a good back up plan too?

IF Parker comes in then he will want to add to the squad,especially if we get some income from Danjuma,Brooks and Lerma should they all be flogged off.

I wonder if Diego Rico and Adam Smith may wish to move also, so Parker will have to recruit some defenders?

In fact it could be a swift turnaround given players going out and needing to pull in replacements for others like Stanislas, Billing and Begovic (although I would make Bego captain!)

Fun times ahoy!!

...also CCV not worth anymore than 5 mill IMO
Can't imagine a scenario where Cook is a back up to Mepham next season ......I also hope we sell Kelly tbh ....he's the right age to command a decent fee.....agree about CCV though ....good player but not worth anymore than 5m .....he also has the build that leads to a lot of injuries ........one thing for certain though is that if Parker joins we'll need a lot more CB's!

According to SSN, Spurs amongst other players are interested in the young Brighton defender Tariq Lamptey, but Brighton want £50 million for him.

Since his move from Chelsea in January 2020 he has made 19 starts for Brighton.

Not sure what Brighton paid Chelsea for the lad, but that seems a big sum they are asking.

According to SSN, Spurs amongst other players are interested in the young Brighton defender Tariq Lamptey, but Brighton want £50 million for him.

Since his move from Chelsea in January 2020 he has made 19 starts for Brighton.

Not sure what Brighton paid Chelsea for the lad, but that seems a big sum they are asking.
Arsenal looking at Ben White for 40-50m odd as well.

Why sell Mepham or Kelly...they've only just started their Cherry careers...and should be good enough for a promotion campaign in this league.. if the management have sorted out whatever the ' teams ' dressing room problems were!

;