Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth League Cup Quarter Final

You really do just contradict yourself. Last week youth/ shouldn’t play against premier league opposition, then no players should be involved that will play Brighton but you named Steve Cook in your line up, then you want Taylor and Oboforh in midfield together which contradicts point one massively as there would be ‘no experience’ in central midfield.

Keep up

This yet another example of you not reading my original post properly. What I stated originally was that the youth players should not be utilsed in the Premier League at this stage. This is a LEAGUE CUP game, so this would be an ideal oportunity to give them a run out. This is the second time that you have asked this and the second time that I have answered it.

It matters not what squed we put out agaist Chelsea as we are very likely to los the game anyway in all fairness, so risk the senior players needlessly. The Brighton game is far more important.

You've already told us on several occasions that we will more than likely lose against Brighton due to our Injuries.

If you think that then what's the issue in risking these players against Chelsea ?

You've already told us on several occasions that we will more than likely lose against Brighton due to our Injuries.

If you think that then what's the issue in risking these players against Chelsea ?

In my view it will protect them against further injury and fatique through playing three games in seven days in a game that is of little consequence when compared to Premier League survival.

This yet another example of you not reading my original post properly. What I stated originally was that the youth players should not be utilsed in the Premier League at this stage. This is a LEAGUE CUP game, so this would be an ideal oportunity to give them a run out. This is the second time that you have asked this and the second time that I have answered it.

:utc:

High probability of it going to penalties....especially if Chelsea have a few key players out. I hope it concludes in the 90 tbh....penalties give hope and then your instantly deflated 15 minutes later!

Not sure why I am not overly excited at this fixture.

3rd 1/4 final in 5 years?
The fringe players playing?
Brighton more important?
The current poor run?

It's not a moan, I just can't be enthusiastic.

Don't get me wrong.......2045 hours tonight I'll be well in to the game.

A cup semi final would be new ground.
If a league cup semi has as much atmosphere, nerves and panic as our Autoglass Windscreens second leg v Walsall then let’s have it !!!

Last edited:
Should be on the Mini magic bus but unfortunately the Good Lady is decidedly under the ( Wolverhampton?) weather. Gutted to miss our first match this season and to not spend some "quality" time with Rob, Chris and Debbie the Driver.
Good luck to all those going tonight, as usual you'll get behind the Lads and cheer 'em onto a Cup semi final : )

Maybe it's just the relative modern novelty of midweek games, but I'm really excited for tonight's game!

I am puzzled as to why you would be excited. This game is a nothing game when one looks at the importance of the Brighton game. We should not field any of the players that are likely to be involved against Brighton. We should not field a strong side tonight in order to avoid further injury and fatigue. We do not want players being involved in three games in seven days.

I am puzzled as to why you would be excited. This game is a nothing game when one looks at the importance of the Brighton game. We should not field any of the players that are likely to be involved against Brighton. We should not field a strong side tonight in order to avoid further injury and fatigue. We do not want players being involved in three games in seven days.
Oh my god, please desist. Your negativity is destroying me. If you can’t get excited about afcb playing any game, no less a midweek game at one of the big six clubs in the country in a cup semi final then I’m sorry you aren’t a fan of the club one bit. Yes, I’m not as buzzed about it as if it were a league game but I’m still excited. It’s far from puzzling......it’s why we love the game and love our team isn’t it? So we can play and watch the games? Give me strength shminto - what makes you happy, apart from occasionally being ‘proved’ right when one of your doom-laden predictions comes true?

I haven’t heard that before, apart from about 6 of your posts this week

Sorry, but I'd really like my club to get to Wembley.

We are three games away from lifting a cup; we are not three games away from the relegation zone.

I'll take a League Cup win and survival on the last day by goal difference.

Just seen the view that Kris and Willo have tonight from the commentary box. It is awful, as Kris put it if the ball goes up in the air they are in trouble.

;