Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth

What Pubs are best to head to for tomorrow?

Most pubs near the ground are home fans only. So find yourself a decent pub a couple of tube or train stops from the Bridge.
We have a great pub - but have learnt through experience that if you publicise a great boozer on here - it fills up - and stops being a great boozer.

What Pubs are best to head to for tomorrow?

The pubs near the Stamford Bridge ground can be quite partisan, so I would recommend getting a drink somewhere on the journey there. A number of away fans drink in the pubs around the Earl's Court area, which is only a couple of tube stops away from Fulham Broadway station. The Courtfield Tavern, which is almost opposite the main entrance to Earls Court Tube Station, is a particular favourite with away supporters.

John Ellis a visiting Leicester City fan adds; 'We found that away fans were allowed into the Goose pub on North End Road, which is located about a mile away from Stamford Bridge. The beer was reasonably priced by London standards and it showed Sky Sports'. Alcohol is available inside the stadium (£4.60 a pint), however for certain fixtures, the Club opt not to sell any to away supporters, so don't bank on it!

https://www.footballgroundguide.com...mford-bridge-chelsea.html#apubs-for-away-fans

Minibus is rolling. Full complement, Master Trent must be making his own way. At this rate the driver will decide to do one of her "let's see how much of the Monopoly board we can visit " excursions. : )

Starts for Rico and Lerma.
Bournemouth
  • 27 Begovic
  • 2 Francis
  • 3 S Cook
  • 5 Aké
  • 21 Rico
  • 15 A Smith
  • 4 Gosling
  • 8 Lerma
  • 24 Fraser
  • 17 King
  • 13 Wilson
Substitutes
  • 1 Boruc
  • 6 Surman
  • 9 Mousset
  • 10 Ibe
  • 16 L Cook
  • 20 Brooks
  • 26 Mings

Team selection causing some excitement in the pub I'm in. A Chelsea pub. Many Chelsea fans I have met over the years. Can't wait.

Brooks and Surman are Rested. Nowadays within a squad, players are rested, not dropped.
Exactly!

Both have done well so far....this is down to tactics for today's game only. Am I the only one to think cynically that Charlie wasn't actually injured....? ;-)

Good to see Lys is ok. On the bench today
The game is the main match here, so being showed on a gigantic screen.
The African Chelsea fans are here too. I feel proud at the stares I get wearing my new Cherries shirt.

We have two fans in Colombian shirts and a Colombian flag sat in front of us

.:utc:

...well a tough baptism for Diego Rico and Jefferson Lerma...although I guess that they have played at Camp Nou and The Bernabeu so they should be okay!...

wish I was there instead of working!

Despite last season result, a match away to Chelsea should still be considered a free roll of the dice, so it makes sense to start our new signings who will need a few games to bed in I am sure

Looking good. It looks like we’re putting the ball into the crowd rather than playing out today. A lot less nervy to watch!

Only been watching for 2 min but what an impression it has made on me having the presence and energy of Lermar bombing around in midfield

;