Chris Mepham

Slightly confusing. Does he mean that the Head of Player Recruitment has now moved to Newcastle? If so, I don't remember that happening. Who was it?

Or does he mean that player moved to Newcastle? I can't see any record of a Charlton player moving there in the summer. Charlton sold a CB to Brentford in the summer but I can't see any player going to the PL.

Given the rumours in the summer were still all around Mepham this doesn't sound very convincing.

Read the last four posts on link I gave, that makes it entirely clear. ;)

Are we talking about John Yems?

Wasn't he the one that went public that we were in the middle of a cash crisis so were cutting back on everything?

Then we signed Lerma that window for £30 million and Solanke this for £19 million. I can fully believe we had to let him go in order to be able to sanction those deals.

Wasn't he the one that went public that we were in the middle of a cash crisis so were cutting back on everything?

Then we signed Lerma that window for £30 million and Solanke this for £19 million. I can fully believe we had to let him go in order to be able to sanction those deals.
...not sure that we paid 30mill for Lerma think it was nearer 25...and some press reports say that we only(?) paid 17 million for Solanke?

Either way, the Yems salary is going to make the square root of diddly squat difference to us signing them and so his proclamations of a cash crisis look erroneous at best.

It's not rude but I always thought Mark De Man was a tremendous name for a footballer.

Otherwise, I remember Nuts or Zoo used to print a fantasy 11 at the back of the magazine each week based on a different comedy theme. The very un-PC "gay 11" featured both Marcus and Darren Bent up front and (in their words the catalyst for the whole idea) the midfield lynchpin was David Batty.

I'd be amazed if Goodwillie wasn't in there somewhere!

;