Chris Mepham

You don't have to ask. read the accounts. Understand them. Add on what we have spent since the accounts were produced, then you have a rough total.
I can't help you any more.
I hesitate to step in to this little spat, but I understand where SDD is coming from. I’d really be interested to know exactly what point you’re making. Genuine question as I really don’t know. Are you implying we’re bankrupt or spending beyond our means? Or that someone is doing something underhand? Please just be clear and specific about what you think is actually wrong

You don't have to ask. read the accounts. Understand them. Add on what we have spent since the accounts were produced, then you have a rough total.
I can't help you any more.

except we haven't spent all the money have we. transfers are never paid or received in full at the time of the deal.

Welcome Mepham!
We'll all be backing you when you put on the shirt!
Regarding all the financial talk -- doesn't FFP stipulate that we can't spend any more on players than we take in (via revenues)?
If that's so, I'm not sure how we can say the owners are putting their own money into buying players . . . ?
I guess as owners, all the revenue belongs to them, but as I understand it the whole point of FFP is so a rich owner can't outspend clubs with poorer owners.

However, you must take into account that most player interviews on signing for a new club are well rehearsed and probably pre-prepared.

They are hardly likely to come on and say - I really don't want to be here and I only signed for a giggle.

I wish you'd rehearse and pre-prepare (ridiculous word, prepreprepreprepare, before is before no need to say it twice) your posts, maybe I'd have less drivel to read

As far as the finances go, unfortuantely Al you keep saying 93 Million, but we've all looked at the numbers before and rebutted that, don't get me wrong we appear to have spent a lot this last 12 months, so I'll be intrigued in 18 months as to what the numbers say, but I'll wait until then and read the numbers rather than making some up

In the meantime, Eddie obviously wanted this lad, so I'm glad we've got him he sounds like he wants to be here, can't wait to hear his scripted pre prepared press release

I have been saying for nearly two years that we needed another centre back. I am pleased that we have now addressed this woefully glaring shortfall. I just hope he is the right choice as I have seen one or two poor performances from Mepham for Brentford of late. Maybe his mind was elsewhere perhaps?

The problem we have now is, who do we drop in order to play him in a 4-4-2 formation - S.Cook or Ake ?? Or do we employ him in a three centre halves at the back scenario? Time will tell.

P.S. It has just reached my ear that our ex youth player Jordan Green has left Yeovil and signed for Barnsley. I always rated him.
On the very day we address the "woefully glaring shortfall" that's been worrying you for two years... guess what? You've got two new things to worry about - sh it that's twice as many as yesterday.

See any kind of pattern emerging?

They didn't pre prepare enough, he said erm a lot and sounds like my voice sounded after Carlisle away when I broke my throat singing too much. If they'd pre prepared more they could've brought a voice actor in

Signing Mepham is just the next step in Eddie’s plan to create the “Bournemouth Babes”.

I was just totting up and if the English, Scottish and Welsh FAs agreed to field a single national team GB, we more than likely have over half of that team currently on our books !

The future is bright, not CherryBright, I tell ye !

:utc:

Nice idea, what would the genuine Team GB side look like if we were to enter the Olympics right now? Under 23’s with 3 over age players?

However, you still have not addressed the issue. If we want to include Mepham in a 4-4-2 who do we drop? Ake of S.Cook?

Or do we wait until either Ake or S.Cook have a bad run of form and would warrant dropping one of them for Mepham?

Or are we now assuming that Eddie is now going to go with three centre backs i.e S.Cook. Ake and Mepham.

I have raised a perfectly reasonable point here.

Mepham seems fully aware that he can't expect to start in the near future and will need to work hard in training to show he can make the step up.

If and when we play a back three, he's probably got a good chance of making an appearance. While it's a back four, it will still be Cook and Ake. I don't see that as something to worry about.

Mepham in the background also gives Cook something to think about, something he's not had in a while. If Mepham turns out to be so good that he displaces Cook then so be it. Win-win in my book.

However, you still have not addressed the issue. If we want to include Mepham in a 4-4-2 who do we drop? Ake of S.Cook?

Or do we wait until either Ake or S.Cook have a bad run of form and would warrant dropping one of them for Mepham?

Or are we now assuming that Eddie is now going to go with three centre backs i.e S.Cook. Ake and Mepham.

I have raised a perfectly reasonable point here.

I don’t think there is an issue, as your previous post pointed out there was a lack of depth at centreback and this addresses that. If Cook and Ake are suffering from fatigue when we play games back to back after our FA Cup break there is cover (I would have included Mings in this but EH clearly has an issue there)

I think Eddie will have managed his expectations that he will have to prove himself in training to warrant a start ahead of those two, so appearances from the bench for now or making up a 5 at times as you also point out. Use the back end of this season as a chance to properly get up to speed then hit pre season running (and dare I say it, we have cover in case Ake moves on then as well)

Of course, Eddie could just put him straight in, like he's done with Nat Clyne ! If his attitude is right (I'm sure it is or Eddie wouldn't have signed him) then it's good to hit the ground running.

;