Chris Mepham

Very exciting when you see it written down like that.

Not forgetting surridge and scrimshaw.

Also, I do like Mark travers in goal. Could see him and ramsdale pushing each other to improve.

Anyone in the know about Corey Jordan? He looked a fine centre half but had some bad injuries I think?

I have been saying for nearly two years that we needed another centre back. I am pleased that we have now addressed this woefully glaring shortfall. I just hope he is the right choice as I have seen one or two poor performances from Mepham for Brentford of late. Maybe his mind was elsewhere perhaps?

The problem we have now is, who do we drop in order to play him in a 4-4-2 formation - S.Cook or Ake ?? Or do we employ him in a three centre halves at the back scenario? Time will tell.

P.S. It has just reached my ear that our ex youth player Jordan Green has left Yeovil and signed for Barnsley. I always rated him.

As above, we've wanted a right footed CB for bloody years, now we have one. Well done Eddie for addressing the issue, and welcome Chris Mepham. The likes of Franno and Cook in your position are big shoes to fill at this club, and we wish you all the best!

You've never been able to explain why the masses should care. What is the problem if the owners are earning money from the club?

I don't have to. Recent accounts speak volumes.
Owners take out more than they put in as a rule.
The stupid don't understand, but we have had that argument for years.

Last edited:
It seems that Al's main preference in the running of our club is not signing new players to strengthen our team, but to make sure our accounts are correct.

Wrong.
Just observant after recent failings. Mainly on people that so many stuck up for.
Next.

I have been saying for nearly two years that we needed another centre back. I am pleased that we have now addressed this woefully glaring shortfall. I just hope he is the right choice as I have seen one or two poor performances from Mepham for Brentford of late. Maybe his mind was elsewhere perhaps?

The problem we have now is, who do we drop in order to play him in a 4-4-2 formation - S.Cook or Ake ?? Or do we employ him in a three centre halves at the back scenario? Time will tell.

P.S. It has just reached my ear that our ex youth player Jordan Green has left Yeovil and signed for Barnsley. I always rated him.
We are hardly going to drop Cook or Ake are we. Give me strength....................

As above, we've wanted a right footed CB for bloody years, now we have one. Well done Eddie for addressing the issue, and welcome Chris Mepham. The likes of Franno and Cook in your position are big shoes to fill at this club, and we wish you all the best!
If he turns out to be the real deal, it will have been worth it waiting a few years to get the right man.
No sense buying just anybody to satisfy the keyboard warriors.

I don't have to. Recent accounts speak volumes.
Owners take out more than they put in as a rule.
The stupid don't understand, but we have had that argument for years.

You do have to if you want people to take your point seriously.

The owners have taken us from League 1 to the Premier League and have spent an absolute fortune on players. Who's getting taken for a ride here because if it's us fans it has to be said it's a pretty decent ride from where I'm sat.

Is your point that they are not running it in a sustainable way? How would you run it differently? Not invest in players to keep us in the division?

I can't see any semblance of a point that you're making here. You can never clarify when asked either.

The owners have taken us from League 1 to the Premier League and have spent an absolute fortune on players. Who's getting taken for a ride here because if it's us fans it has to be said it's a pretty decent ride from where I'm sat.

Is your point that they are not running it in a sustainable way? How would you run it differently? Not invest in players to keep us in the division?

I can't see any semblance of a point that you're making here. You can never clarify when asked either.

We will see how sustainable we are when the next accounts come out.
We are banging out around 100K a week to supply other teams with loan players.
Some idiot is running the accounts, and it needs addressing.

Yep, loving the ride, but when the bump comes, I am sure you will be one of the first to eff off.

Loving spending the money...but as I suspect, it's another one of those "friendly loans" everyone goes on about,

Anyone worked out why we can't sell our players and have to loan them out?

Last edited:
We will see how sustainable we are when the next accounts come out.
We are banging out around 100K a week to supply other teams with loan players.
Some idiot is running the accounts, and it needs addressing.

Yep, loving the ride, but when the bump comes, I am sure you will be one of the first to eff off.

Loving spending the money...but as I suspect, it's another one of those "friendly loans" everyone goes on about,

There has never been a time that this club has been sustainable in my time as a supporter. If we end up back where we were then so be it. As suspected you've got nothing when pushed on how you'd run it differently other than spouting off about how everyone else is stupid or fickle.

Just to show you how easy it is I'll tell you how I'd run it - I'd spank loads on a new ground. This would probably bankrupt the club and we'd go down but then at least we'd have a permanently larger fanbase.

Presumably you'd just call people named on the internet. You never know, that might work.

;