Coldest away days

Grimsby when lost 5-0 the week before Christmas back when Harry was boss was a really cold and damp day that combined with the awful football to make it really unpleasant feeling and I had a bad cold too. Wigan away when abandoned due to snow in 1987 and was pretty bleak too. Gillingham away in the snow when we lost 0-2 about 85/86 was bleak too.

Definitely Lincoln 1982 for the 9-0 defeat. Freezing day, shame they had the wrong boots on !
Scunthorpe 1973 bitterly cold, started snowing hard after the game, team coach crashed on the way home. I think Ken Brown suffered a broken leg.

Lincoln away 9-0 was absolutely freezing.
One that hasn't been mentioned was Leicester away last March. In the middle of the Beast from the East. Went up on the friday, slithered down our road to Canford Bottom, abandoned cars on the A31 through the New Forest, snowed most the way up and overnight. All roads inc M25 were eerily quiet. Temp never got above zero all day. Without undersoil heating the game would never have been played.
Other cold ones; Wimbledon away one boxing day in the late 70's, the toilets were unuseable because the pipes had frozen solid.
Middlesboro away FA Cup after beating Man U.

Lincoln City 0-9
Accrington Stanley fa cup lost on pens
Newcastle United fa cup won on pens

I know , I’m a soft southern shandy drinking ba**ard but away at Hartlepool in the FA cup , the year we played Manu .With the wind blowing in from the North Sea ..never been so cold in my life

The one time I went to Hartlepool it was bitterly cold.

I'm not sure if I was at the FA Cup game - was it the one where fights kept breaking out in the home sections?

Also Grimsby on that Friday night - when Lee Bradbury did the knock outs celebration - was horribly cold.

The one time I went to Hartlepool it was bitterly cold.

I'm not sure if I was at the FA Cup game - was it the one where fights kept breaking out in the home sections?

Also Grimsby on that Friday night - when Lee Bradbury did the knock outs celebration - was horribly cold.

Maybe that’s the secret to keeping warm .Scrap with your mates .

No away game stands out, but, home to Leyton Orient for a Auto Windscreens game or similar one Tuesday night. I'd had wind all day, but I swear it was so cold, my ring piece froze over and I left the ground with trapped wind.

I had wet trainers at Brighton away on New Years Day and my feet were absolutely freezing.

The coldest I remember being was actually at Arsenal v Blackburn at Highbury. I was pretty young but I think it's something arranged via AFCB as a coach went up, though I don't know for sure. It was the game where Blackburn didn't give the ball back after Arsenal put it out and scored from it. The wind was relentless, the sides of the end we were in didn't shelter you at all.

Dorchester away FA Cup ( old ground ), only a dozen games played that day, sat on a wall behind the goal till my **** froze, so when down the other end at halftime only for a fence to collapse....happy days

I'll second this. It is my stand-out 'cold' awayday, not helped by getting on one train on the trip down from Fleet with no heating.

;