Dan Gosling

Hope for a good recovery
Shocking how he was left on pitch. Seen his reaction. If VAR looked at it he would probably b sent off for his "over reaction"
My thoughts are also with the Bath City player who collided headfirst with a concrete advertising hoarding. Bath City have subsequently cancelled a number of league games. Who in their right mind sanctioned concrete....

Shocking how he was left on pitch. Seen his reaction. If VAR looked at it he would probably b sent off for his "over reaction"
My thoughts are also with the Bath City player who collided headfirst with a concrete advertising hoarding. Bath City have subsequently cancelled a number of league games. Who in their right mind sanctioned concrete....

This.
I remember an incident in the first couple of seasons after the new DC opened - an opposition player had a tangle with Wade Elliott on the touchline and smashed his head on the advertising hoarding, and was carted off. Was thinking at the time about the safely implications and at least it was "only" wood or something.

Contract now paid up at Watford given he isn’t in their named squad and his contract expires at the end of the season. Thus, he is a free agent but continues his rehab at the club
Ruled out due to injury .

Not sure why we paid the rest of his contract up really - probably don’t save much ?

Ruled out due to injury .

Not sure why we paid the rest of his contract up really - probably don’t save much ?

It did read odd - Watford and gosling have come to a settlement whereby Gosling gets his contract paid in full. Can imagine Dan just saying no to every offer!!

As BoscombeCherry says must be some other reason - maybe gets salary but no promotion bonus type payments?

It did read odd - Watford and gosling have come to a settlement whereby Gosling gets his contract paid in full. Can imagine Dan just saying no to every offer!!

As BoscombeCherry says must be some other reason - maybe gets salary but no promotion bonus type payments?
Well probably won’t need to worry about that one !!

Apparently we might still offer him a new one anyway .

Another bizarre situation.

After such a bad injury, I personally hope that he can regain full fitness and be able to continue playing, wherever that may be. Whilst definitely not the most naturally gifted player we've had, Dan most certainly gave 100% to the cause every time he pulled on a Cherries shirt. Scored some important goals for us, too.

I know what you mean, as hardly 'flambouyant'/flair player but I think he was an extremely good footballer. Evidenced by transfer to Everton when 17 and playing fairly regularly right away, along with being capped numerous times for England at each level (apart from main squad...) and then moving to Newcastle.

More than just a limited box to box work horse centre midfielder with a good 'engine' otherwise he wouldn;t have spent most of his career in the top flight, and joined the likes Danny Hollands, Anton Robinson, in the lower 2 divisions.

Appears he was quote betting on games (not involving club he played for apparently).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26515814

After such a bad injury, I personally hope that he can regain full fitness and be able to continue playing, wherever that may be. Whilst definitely not the most naturally gifted player we've had, Dan most certainly gave 100% to the cause every time he pulled on a Cherries shirt. Scored some important goals for us, too.
…and always great emotion when he scored. Chelsea and saints away bring back happy memories in particular

I see gosling was reportedly in talks with Watford re a new contract for the new season despite his exit last season.

Not heard anything since a June 8th update - Mark, any rumours?

;