David Brooks

You keep thinking that if it keeps you happy. Look at the side that came back from lockdown and capitulated to Palace and Newcastle at home and tell me it was injuries.

so a fit danjuma, kelly and brooks (and that's just the three long-termers) for the whole season would have made no difference? Really?

undeniably we needed a friendly after the season restarted and were utter gash in those two games but it's a 38 season ffs!!

If our squad was so much better than half of the Premier League, why are the overwelming majority of them still here after taking pay cuts?

Surely any of those lesser sides would be looking to improve them with our superior players?

Reactions: DJ
so a fit danjuma, kelly and brooks (and that's just the three long-termers) for the whole season would have made no difference? Really?

undeniably we needed a friendly after the season restarted and were utter gash in those two games but it's a 38 season ffs!!
If our squad was so much better than half of the Premier League, why are the overwelming majority of them still here after taking pay cuts?

Surely any of those lesser sides would be looking to improve them with our superior players?

:agree:

Nope, there’s no way we should have got relegated with the squad we had.
Yes, the players didn’t apply themselves like they should have done, but that’s as much a failure of the management as anything.
Eddie got a lot right, and we would never have got to the prem without him, but in my opinion he had an absolute shocker last season and we went down because of that.

Seriously? Four players have already gone to the PL and King is likely to follow, potentially Brooks too and if he doesn’t I don’t think you would dispute he could. That’s over half of a starting line up. How many have gone from Norwich or Watford?

The killer spell was the Christmas period where we couldn’t get up for any of the important games. Horrendous attitude and lack of effort. Just one point in those games would have been enough. We had injuries. All teams have injuries. We never lost any players to transfers after Ritchie in the first season. We built on that squad every year. It shouldn’t have gone down. The vast majority of people know that and that was the observation I was making.

The killer spell was the Christmas period where we couldn’t get up for any of the important games. Horrendous attitude and lack of effort. Just one point in those games would have been enough. We had injuries. All teams have injuries. We never lost any players to transfers after Ritchie in the first season. We built on that squad every year. It shouldn’t have gone down. The vast majority of people know that and that was the observation I was making.

What exactly is the difference between an 'observation' and a 'point' if you don't mind me asking?

Is "make no mistake about it, this is the best squad in the Championship and anything other than automatic promotion is failure" an observation or a point?

Shouldn't your continued 'observations' about how good they were be seen in the context of that statement?

My observation is that unlike the previous teams we had this lot weren't good enough to stay up.

The killer spell was the Christmas period where we couldn’t get up for any of the important games. Horrendous attitude and lack of effort. Just one point in those games would have been enough.
Indeed, zero professional pride and no on pitch leadership from anyone with senior players not doing enough. Results dropped and confidence fell through the floor.
We had injuries. All teams have injuries. We never lost any players to transfers after Ritchie in the first season. We built on that squad every year. It shouldn’t have gone down. The vast majority of people know that and that was the observation I was making.

Not just about losing players to transfers, as well you know. We had the “old guard” with old being the main point. Their standard understandably drops over time, they were replaced with young, often a bit raw potential, that takes time. They are of course exciting prospects but it was a team in transition. Relying on them too often too soon has an affect.
We had the Arter situation stripping us of his character, despite £30+ million on Lerma and Cook did we really look better centrally than when Arter was on full cylinders? So yes the “best squad” tag line is great but as a team it didn’t gel, especially with all the changing with injuries.
We had Fraser on his own personal strike, we had Danjuma and Brooks injured and weirdly we then had a frustrated looking Wilson because for some reason chances weren’t being created?!
Just bizarre that we went down at all...

We went down, the autopsy is done, learn to live with it and support what we have to make a fist of it and try to set the Championship alight again. Spilt milk and all that sort of stuff! I'm fairly excited at the moment. Nurse is keeping an eye on my dicky ticker!

I'd be excited if I had a nurse looking after my dicky ticker.

Not sure why you think I’ve never admitted this... ask the famous four (as they were before you joined them to totally Enid Blyton it) and they will tell you that all I talked about was the need to change training regime and fitness/medical staff as our injuries were too frequent.

I bet they wished they'd listened to you and your pal now.

Not sure why you think I’ve never admitted this... ask the famous four (as they were before you joined them to totally Enid Blyton it) and they will tell you that all I talked about was the need to change training regime and fitness/medical staff as our injuries were too frequent.

so arter flying in on kelly in training was the medical staff's fault?
if wilson gets another cruciate, bruce should sack the fitness coach?
jesus wept

so arter flying in on kelly in training was the medical staff's fault?
if wilson gets another cruciate, bruce should sack the fitness coach?
jesus wept
Let’s not open up this can of worms but over or under prepared bodies are more susceptible to injury. Eddie held an internal review so he was aware of this. Players looking tired in games another symptom. Sound familiar?

Kelly was just clattered you are correct.

;