David Brooks

How dare you ;). I for one would never get involved in pointless back and forth arguments.

I believe this has been constructed as an allegory to show the behind the scenes battle between Tindall and Max on whether we should be open to bids for further players or trying to keep the squad intact henceforth.

It's a powerful piece which really gets under the skin of the contrasting arguments. Interesting that they chose to end it before the physical representation of Max had his hand lopped off by JT's personification slamming the window at full force. I assume the artist is therefore concluding that Max will come out of the battle on top.

I believe this important work will stand the test of time and will certianly be due for and worth of regular reassessment in years to come.

What exactly is the difference between an 'observation' and a 'point' if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all Del, anything for you...

An observation (or reflection) is looking at a particular past or current event and commenting on it (like the video the bloke put on here)

A point is a statement made from ones own brain with opinion. So yes saying the current side should go up is a point. Saying that I’ve watched them against Blackburn and liked the look of the shape of the side is an observation.

Just to answer the other key question on the thread with another reflection/observation.... Jenny Agutter.

We started last season with the best squad we ever had in the PL...it was top ten material....but we finished it with the worst we'd had up there..and 3rd worst in the Div !
Look at the table...its proof...its a results based game is Football !
Same this season...where we finish...is what we are...how good the squad REALLY is ! Brooksy or not !

Not at all Del, anything for you...

An observation (or reflection) is looking at a particular past or current event and commenting on it (like the video the bloke put on here)

A point is a statement made from ones own brain with opinion. So yes saying the current side should go up is a point. Saying that I’ve watched them against Blackburn and liked the look of the shape of the side is an observation.

Just to answer the other key question on the thread with another reflection/observation.... Jenny Agutter.

Fair enough.

The Cherries are without doubt the greatest football team there has ever been. That's an observation we can both agree on.:utc:

We could really do with that coming back negative. I think we'll need his guile v Coventry who will be a different sort of challenge than today.

We could really do with that coming back negative. I think we'll need his guile v Coventry who will be a different sort of challenge than today.

you're right there boss. previously we have been prone to slipping against the more winnable games, as sides turn up and park the bus with us just going sideways and backwards, barely creating any decent chances.

;