David Brooks

I don't particularly want to see other southern clubs do well but I absolutely prefer clubs like Saints to dickhead clubs like Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal etc. At least they are a proper club supported by people from the town the club is based in. It's funny when they talk about themselves as a big club though. Southampton lol.

Last edited:
If I understand it correctly, our little friends up the road had a deal for a left footed right winger (from Burnley) collapse at the last minute. So we will have had them over a barrel and I expect we are getting a very hefty loan fee, plus an even bigger bonus if the scummers get promoted.

Good for Brooksie as well. So I am quite sanguine about it. Hopefully DB will recapture his best form and, if so, that benefits us.

Not really bothered if Saints get back into the PL. Nice to have a local away game to go to (shame it isn’t a Derby) and they’re never going to amount to much. Even their much vaunted academy hasn’t produced anyone decent for years.

Why do you dislike them?
For years Southampton fans asking ‘why do you support a little shit team like Bournemouth’ being mocked… does nobody get the concept of local rivalry on here?

I feel less and less in common with this forum by the week!

I didn’t realise when we were beating them to send them down how many people were secretly gutted. Probably the same people that used to alternate between the games.

Well, not for me. They’re scum and always will be.

For years Southampton fans asking ‘why do you support a little shit team like Bournemouth’ being mocked… does nobody get the concept of local rivalry on here?

I feel less and less in common with this forum by the week!

I didn’t realise when we were beating them to send them down how many people were secretly gutted. Probably the same people that used to alternate between the games.

Well, not for me. They’re scum and always will be.

It's not exactly a devastating blow to the ego though is it when someone has a pop at you for supporting a shitty little team... and they're a Southampton supporter.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely hated them when they rolled us over in 2010/11 but since we got to the PL they've been laughably shite most of the time and we've regularly beat them so there's no air of superiority whatsoever.

It's not exactly a devastating blow to the ego though is it when someone has a pop at you for supporting a shitty little team... and they're a Southampton supporter.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely hated them when they rolled us over in 2010/11 but since we got to the PL they've been laughably shite most of the time and we've regularly beat them so there's no air of superiority whatsoever.
I didn’t say it was a blow to the ego. It wasn’t. I just like to see their misplaced arrogance popped. I don’t get why we would strengthen them twice in one window

Do you ever just read something I write and think I won’t comment on that?

I didn’t say it was a blow to the ego. It wasn’t. I just like to see their misplaced arrogance popped. I don’t get why we would strengthen them twice in one window

Do you ever just read something I write and think I won’t comment on that?

I don't comment on everything you write Neil. Tbh it's a bit self-important that you think I do. I'm not saying you are wrong to feel as you do, I'm giving my opinion on the issue that is being discussed by people on this thread.

I didn't mind them at all until league 1 days. Small club battling to stay in top flight against the big boys for years.

I honestly can't f***ing stand them now.

Away at St Mary's last season was one of my favourite footballing moments. Usually cocky, big headed fans.... not so cocky that night we're they.

Honestly struggle to comprehend how aby proper bournemouth can feel anything but dislike for them tbh, what with the way they behaved towards us.

I didn't mind them at all until league 1 days. Small club battling to stay in top flight against the big boys for years.

I honestly can't f***ing stand them now.

Away at St Mary's last season was one of my favourite footballing moments.

Honestly struggle to comprehend how aby proper bournemouth can feel anything but dislike for them tbh, what with the way they behaved towards us.

Didn't you think the last couple of times we've been there it was actually quite laughable how crushed they were? If they had an arrogant hold over is it certainly seemed to be absent recently, at theirs at least.

Didn't you think the last couple of times we've been there it was actually quite laughable how crushed they were? If they had an arrogant hold over is it certainly seemed to be absent recently, at theirs at least.

Yeah atmosphere noticeably less 'hostike', bubbly wasn't it.

Take your medicine boys.

Petty to some... ? probably. But i enjoyed every f***ing minute. Particularly Adams VAR disallowed goal after they started clambering across the netting celebrating the potential equaliser. Only to see it over ruled after an agonising few minutes.

Of course tge same people scaling tge netting stsrted to sneak out, take between the legs.

Honestly, could have started crying as felt so sorry for them .

Yeah atmosphere noticeably less 'hostike', bubbly wasn't it.

Take your medicine boys.

Petty to some... ? probably. But i enjoyed every f***ing minute. Particularly Adams VAR disallowed goal after they started clambering across the netting celebrating the potential equaliser. Only to see it over ruled after an agonising few minutes.

Of course tge same people scaling tge netting stsrted to sneak out, take between the legs.

Honestly, could have started crying as felt so sorry for them .

It was very funny, and quite pathetic to watch them skulk out if there. That said the defeat at home to them last season was painful.

I love the fact that we mean so little to their fans but at the same time so much. Right now we are the bigger team by one metric they are in the division below, which has never happened. I love it and would love it to continue but apparently our management see it another way. For a small period of time we are sending squad players to help them out. Must be a bitter pill to swallow for their fans who don’t care about us, but do. Or maybe not. Anywho I wish them luck in the playoffs but not too much luck. Enough to maybe get to the playoff final but not enough to win

I love the fact that we mean so little to their fans but at the same time so much. Right now we are the bigger team by one metric they are in the division below, which has never happened. I love it and would love it to continue but apparently our management see it another way. For a small period of time we are sending squad players to help them out. Must be a bitter pill to swallow for their fans who don’t care about us, but do. Or maybe not. Anywho I wish them luck in the playoffs but not too much luck. Enough to maybe get to the playoff final but not enough to win
You just know they will get second now.

Silly move from the club really to give them a leg up back into the PL imo, and mentioned as such months ago.

I think it’s probably a good move all around. We get him playing presumably with the ability to recall him if needed, they get a great player, Wales get one of their best players game time and if they qualify he’ll get to the Euros whilst not having to temporarily relocate.

I think any fan builds up a feeling towards another club from their own experiences. I’ve never met a “proper” Liverpool or Manchester United fan. Just people who follow them on the tv, so I have complete indifference to them.

Whereas I’ve lived in Southampton, met numerous arrogant Southampton supporters who have belittled our club for years and that was before the days of meeting them in League One.

Smug fans claiming they’d saved our club and how they help us all the time. When you’ve lived with that, a personal feeling towards them grows.

Then chuck in the experiences of going to St Mary’s for games, one of only two places I’ve ever seen trouble.

Watching in bewilderment someone going up to every single person walking through Palmerston Park going “mush, want a fight”…

So yeah, I dislike them and would ideally much rather see Rothwell and Brooks go anywhere but there.

But if it’s best for Brooks and we eventually benefit from it then so be it.

I think any fan builds up a feeling towards another club from their own experiences. I’ve never met a “proper” Liverpool or Manchester United fan. Just people who follow them on the tv, so I have complete indifference to them.

Whereas I’ve lived in Southampton, met numerous arrogant Southampton supporters who have belittled our club for years and that was before the days of meeting them in League One.

Smug fans claiming they’d saved our club and how they help us all the time. When you’ve lived with that, a personal feeling towards them grows.

Then chuck in the experiences of going to St Mary’s for games, one of only two places I’ve ever seen trouble.

Watching in bewilderment someone going up to every single person walking through Palmerston Park going “mush, want a fight”…

So yeah, I dislike them and would ideally much rather see Rothwell and Brooks go anywhere but there.

:clap:

Spot on and well said. Agree with all of that.

that's the bigger picture given his lack of minutes and then helping wales qualify

if we need to ship someone out for ffp and he performs for them it could add a few ££ to his sale price

he can also help rothwell noble the slimy turd in training :poop:

;