David Turnbull

More playing time as a canary in the epl than as an owl in the championship.

Might find the eagles and seagulls midfields a bit scary.

Can't help but feel this will be a missed opportunity for us if he goes elsewhere. That kind of money....worth a go. Who knows if it was ever a proper thought though!

Another change according to Sky.

CELTIC SET TO SIGN TURNBULL

Celtic are expected to complete a deal for Motherwell midfielder David Turnbull within the next 24 hours, according to Sky sources.

Positive talks have taken place between the Scottish champions and Turnbull, who was named Scottish Football Writers' Association Young Player of the Year last season.

Talks appeared to have broken down earlier this week when the 19-year-old rejected an offer from the Glasgow club, after also visiting Premier League side Norwich.

However, he has since decided on a move to Celtic Park, despite the likelihood of higher wages in the Premier League.

If I were a Celtic fan, I think I'd be getting a bit fed up with these antics by now. God help him if he has a couple of bad games......

He does appear to have a"busy" agent, so if he came here, 6 good games and he'd be linked with a move away. Probably stay in the Hilton and not bother to unpack : )

Jeez what a saga!
On. Off. On. Off. On again?!
Not sure it does a lad any favours going into a new club off the back of such a move. Better to go in under the radar with less hype?

Celtic forum now saying he is off to Derby! What a laugh, all the fun of the fair, without the candy floss!

Sky

TURNBULL TO HAVE CELTIC MEDICAL

Neil Lennon says David Turnbull is undergoing a medical at Celticand the Scottish champions hope they can complete his signing from Motherwell on Friday afternoon.

He wants first team football, Norwich and the Premier League a step too far at this point of his football education, Celtic would seem a good move for him at this point of his career.

Neil Lennon on Turnbull.

"Some deals are quicker than others," added Lennon. "David had options that he was quite right to pursue. Thankfully, he's chosen us, which is quite a coup. He's chosen us over Norwich for footballing reasons, not financial, trust me on that.

"He's a player we've admired for a while. He had a great breakthrough season.

"He's an elegant player, technically he's very good, proficient with both feet and he scored 15 goals in 30 games, which is quite a return for a midfielder.

"Could he go straight into the team? Of course he could. It's good to get one over the line and hopefully there are more (signings) to come."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48720004

Just had a look on the pink un thinking Norwich fans would be apoplectic. To be honest none of them seem bothered. They seem to think his agent used them to get his move to Celtic and that Norwich couldn't guarantee him first team football and Celtic could. Says it all about where Celtic are these days. Can anyone imagine Eddie's reaction if an agent told him his player would only come here if he was guaranteed first team football?

;