David Turnbull

Bit like warren feeney choosing stockport as a better career development choice than afcb.
The championship is a demanding 46 league games, often played 2 a week, big clubs dont have the luxury of developing players when promotion is expected.

Probably all come a season too early for the player, motherwell were keen on the money and possible loan players.
Interesting that stevie robinson hasnt approached afcb for any loan players, other scottish clubs have been helped out.

Bit like warren feeney choosing stockport as a better career development choice than afcb.
The championship is a demanding 46 league games, often played 2 a week, big clubs dont have the luxury of developing players when promotion is expected.

Probably all come a season too early for the player, motherwell were keen on the money and possible loan players.
Interesting that stevie robinson hasnt approached afcb for any loan players, other scottish clubs have been helped out.
Is their anyone you’d recommend worthy enough of playing at Scottish premiership level?

Hibs, kilmarnock have had hyndman, ndjoli,
Partick had cargill, dundee utd have seaman.

Which positions do motherwell need to strengthen?

Just seems odd that robinson hasnt been back to his old club, given afcb are open to loaning out.

Felt compelled to join the Site in order to offer some balance to the debate about Turnbull and any proposed move to Celtic.
I am a lifelong fan of Celtic of close to 4 Decades and have seen many talents come and go at our Club most notably Van Dijk ,Wanyama,Dembele,Armstrong and countless more over the years.
In Scotland Celtic and Rangers (In Liquidation) tended to dominate the Transfer Market at home.
In recent years with the demise of Rangers (IL) Celtic have had more or less a free run at signing the emerging talent up the road.
The case of Turnbull is fairly straightforward from what I have seen.
Motherwell set a price for a promising young player who has come through their ranks realising the time had come where it is likely he would be moving on.
Celtic having watched Turnbull come through the youth setup agreed with Motherwell on the price.
Celtic then offered Turnbull what our Club considers a very good offer for a fairly unproven talent with great potential.
That sum was more than what Celtic paid both Van Dijk and Wanyama on their arrival to Celtic Park and given both the potential of these two players (which has been realised at Southampton,Spurs and Liverpool not too mention the Champions League with Celtic also).
The offer is believed to be over £10k per week (reports suggesting £12k) for a four year contract.
Turnbull has flat rejected this offer and his Agent it would appear is now hocking him round the Chmapionship Clubs in England where it is hoped he can double his money and be guaranteed first team action.
You see this is the point about Celtic taking him on because he will not be 1st , 2nd or even 3rd choice at Celtic in the position he plays.
We have Ntcham,Rogic,Christie already operating as AMF’s at Celtic and another in Henderson who has like Turnbull great potential.
He may well end up at Barnsley or wherever but I can assure him ,his Agent or anyone else remotely connected with him he will not gain as much as a Footballer if he does.
Whilst I appreciate that most English fans do t rate our Domestic game in Scotland Callum McGregor has just played his 50th European game for Celtic and given he was on Loan at Notts County not so long ago goes to show just how successful a move to Celtic can be for a young talented player like Turnbull.
Van Dijk hasn’t done too bad either for the experience.
The response by Celtic which is unprecedented btw has come about because of several factors.
1 Motherwell have made the whole thing very public
2 Our Media would have had a field day over this after the McGinn saga last Summer
3 This has come down to player or Agent greed as his Agent already has had several dealings with Celtic (Armstrong and Christie) and will have knowledge of wage structures etc.
So Celtic have rightly told the Support why it has broken down and who is responsible.
I personally hope we as a Club move on now as in my opinion we have better already at the Club and no shortage of Attacking options in Midfield.
All the best to him and Bournemouth all the same in the future.
Well done and thank you for spending the time to post. It's not even confirmed we are looking at him, typical Eddie, nothing said until it happens. The one thing I will say is it has shocked me at the wage structure in Scotland and this IS NOT meant as a pop at Scottish football. It just amazes me that a club like Celtic, with one of the biggest followings in world football feel £10,000 a week is a lot. Appreciate 10 years ago that would have been our squad wages for a week! :) Good old Sky tv.

It just doesn't seem right the Cherries could sign a player offering higher wages than CELTIC! Bizarre!

...Celtic then offered Turnbull what our Club considers a very good offer for a fairly unproven talent with great potential. That sum was more than what Celtic paid both Van Dijk and Wanyama on their arrival to Celtic Park...

"Turnbull has flat rejected this offer"

The scoundrel. How very dare he!

Did Celtic reply "Don't you know who I am?!" :ROFLMAO:

And declaring "we've offered him more than players we signed 6 and 8 years ago" is just hilarious.

What next "we've offered him more than we did Jock Stein in 1951"?

Honestly, I know zilch about Scottish football but as a bystander Celtic come across as a sulky child who doesn't understand why they can't get everything all their own way.

Sheff Wed entering the speculation now. Frankly I don't understand why he's not already signed (if Eddie wanted him) surely he's a cheap, young player which can grow with us. The amount of money we have wasted on **************** players. Give them £5million to get this deal done asap!

Sheff Wed entering the speculation now. Frankly I don't understand why he's not already signed (if Eddie wanted him) surely he's a cheap, young player which can grow with us. The amount of money we have wasted on **** players. Give them £5million to get this deal done asap!

Turnbull quoted as saying its about playing time not money.

Who would he keep out of the AFCB starting XI ?

Hibs, kilmarnock have had hyndman, ndjoli,
Partick had cargill, dundee utd have seaman.

Which positions do motherwell need to strengthen?

Just seems odd that robinson hasnt been back to his old club, given afcb are open to loaning out.
Possibly a striker or an attacking player. And just to say when I made this thread I never thought it would reach 100+ replies.

They do like a Celtic player do Southampton. Cut out the middleman this time!

For Turnball he's just joining the lower to middling PL side a couple years earlier than he would do if he went to Celtic and did well. His potential progression onwards will be equally accelerated if he's up to it.

SSN

CELTIC CONTINUE TURNBULL TALKS

Celtic are continuing negotiations with David Turnbull's representatives over a contract offer for the Motherwell midfielder.

Celtic are believed to be the only club to have met Motherwell's asking price of £3m, however, despite reports suggesting Sheffield Wednesday have also agreed a fee.

Mentioned here as well.

SCOTT BROWN welcomed David Turnbull to Celtic — and insisted it’s the PERFECT club for him.

The Hoops had a £3 million bid accepted for the Motherwell midfielder last week.

The 19-year-old is finally expected to sign today after several days of deadlock over personal terms.

One of Turnbull’s key considerations is thought to be the chance of regular first-team football.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...celtic-skipper-scott-brown-welcomes-him-club/

Apparently the deal to Celtic is off again. There’s clearly a bit of brinkmanship going on here because if the guarantee of first team football was genuinely the issue, he wouldn’t be going to an EPL side.

;