Derby County v AFC Bournemouth - 1/21

(4-2-1-3)

Begovic
Rico Cook CCV Stacey
Lerma Cook
Wilshere
King Solanke Danjuma

Dennis, Smith, Mepham, Kelly, Billing, Brooks, Riquelme, Anthony, Surridge

Manager: Jason Tindall for me but open to rotation if he needs to be rested.

It seems to me that professional football is actually performing a valuable function at present. Having a couple of games a week to look forward to watching on the TV gives us something to focus on during these dreary and dispiriting lockdown days. With reports of widespread mental health problems in the populace as a consequence, it is quite possible that having a slice of semi-normality for millions of people in following the progress of their teams every week might be stopping them from also falling in to a pit of despair.
Speaking as someone who has almost become a hermit recently, the few hours every week spent watching our team and others on TV (and joining in the discussions on here) bring some light, sound and distraction into my current life - despite recent results not being all that we would hope for. Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling that this is beneficial.

It seems to me that professional football is actually performing a valuable function at present. Having a couple of games a week to look forward to watching on the TV gives us something to focus on during these dreary and dispiriting lockdown days. With reports of widespread mental health problems in the populace as a consequence, it is quite possible that having a slice of semi-normality for millions of people in following the progress of their teams every week might be stopping them from also falling in to a pit of despair.
Speaking as someone who has almost become a hermit recently, the few hours every week spent watching our team and others on TV (and joining in the discussions on here) bring some light, sound and distraction into my current life - despite recent results not being all that we would hope for. Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling that this is beneficial.
Your not the only one Lew, as you say there are millions out there and sport is one of the only things keeping them saine........people out there calling g for sport to be stopped would be doing far more damage than any good....if any

Today is a huge game in terms of performance, aswell as the result.

Everyone knows the past few games have been poor (some would say the past few months) and even Steve Cook recognised that.

This game will really show what this team is made off, and if they can bounce back.

Today is a huge game in terms of performance, aswell as the result.

Everyone knows the past few games have been poor (some would say the past few months) and even Steve Cook recognised that.

This game will really show what this team is made off, and if they can bounce back.
I fancy us to play very well tonight, I feel it in my bones !
JT will be looking for the right reaction to that last result and will have almost certainly used the injustice of Lerma's red card to get the boys fired up. They have to prove their promotion credentials tonight and I think they will be more than ready and also able to do so.
:utc:

As Wilshere has been training with the squad for almost 3 weeks, would it be much of a surprise to see him actually start? Might be an interesting twist.

I think both Danjuma and Wilshere will start probably thx to Stan not being fit and Brooks off form currently.

I'm not sure what is up with Brooks atm. In and out of form yet frustrated at being brought off the park on Saturday. He must realise his passing has been woeful at times. His flashes of form currently or not outshining the flashes of sloppiness.

For me Solanke starts (again) on his own up top with Danjuma and King playing the support roles. Middle 3 of Lerma, L.Cook and Wilshere, and the back line of Kelly, S.Cook, CCV and Stacey.

That side should be more than enough for a poor Derby side.

Personally, I want football to continue, it's one of the few escapes myself and the Good lady have. My observation is, that myself and the G.L. were ( like a lot of disabled people and their carers ) living a semi-lockdown life. Apart from her having 4 hours a week at the M.S. centre and 1 and 1/2 hours with her slimming group, it was only going to matches that got us out. Without the Cherries to look forward to and other football ( plus cricket ) it's a bleak existence. Without football to talk about, I don't envy her being locked up with me 24/7.
This lockdown, with shorter daylight hours, crappier weather and Christmas behind us, is more gruelling than the previous ones. Add to that, both our kids are showing signs of, what we hoped were long gone and forgotten, mental health problems resurfacing. The 2 of us enjoy live sport transporting us out of the humdrum day to day reality of the Pandemic.

Also, big happy smiley emojii thingy to Rob Trent and the rest of the Magic Minibus travellers for the Zoom meetings twice a week, that and being able to listen to music I think is great : )
I really hope and pray that the vaccination programme works and all of you ( and us ) can talk about "these times" in the past tense over a pint/tipple/cuppa/dram/ whatever in a public imbibing establishment, anywhere, anytime we choose : )

Still prefer the 4-3-3 but Jason seems to prefer 5 at the back.

Confuses me a little as he said the formation is a result of the personnel he has available to him... He has more than enough options today for a 4-3-3 again...???

;