Diego Rico

I didn't have a pop at Parker.....I said that Rico might've been a player Parker would have liked and he could well have started the season ahead of Zemura given the lack of experience in the side at that time......not everyone has an agenda Derek .

I think Parker was lucky in some ways that he was forced to give so many youngsters a chance early on. I don't think many managers would have started Zemura if Rico was still here.

You said Rico would probably be a player Parker would have liked.

Parker saw Rico as he was here when he took over hence he can’t have liked what he saw that much, hence me pointing out a flaw in your post.
Are you saying that Scotty didn't like what he saw from Danjuma?.....lol sometimes these things are out of the managers hands.

Are you saying that Scotty didn't like what he saw from Danjuma?.....lol sometimes these things are out of the managers hands.
Though there's certainly a difference in how the two left, Rico for cheap while we got good money for Danjuma. The latter is just a financial reality despite however much a manager may like the player, but the former could suggest the manager wasn't overly enthused with the player, since they could have fought harder to keep them.

Odd player Rico.

Thought his best spell was that little run we had in the PL in our last year when we had some back to back wins and won at Southampton… he was excellent but never really pushed on. Thought he might monster the Championship but he didn’t really…

One of those players probably better in their homelands.
Strange how my default view was he had a wand of a left foot, and I always expecting a fantastic cross or killer free kick.
Despite the years of him proving me wrong, that never went away

Strange how my default view was he had a wand of a left foot, and I always expecting a fantastic cross or killer free kick.
Despite the years of him proving me wrong, that never went away

Yeah very 'cultured ' left foot on him. I know what you mean.

Solid enough defender too, can see why Howe was attracted to him. Just never quite clicked did it. Not anywhere near often enough anyway.

Danjuma was clearly out his hands and well documented that we needed to move him on to find wages and transfers…..Parker obviously assessed Rico either before he arrived or during the short time they overlapped and he didn’t keep him on.

Danjuma was clearly out his hands and well documented that we needed to move him on to find wages and transfers…..Parker obviously assessed Rico either before he arrived or during the short time they overlapped and he didn’t keep him on.

I imagine at least half of the reason for shifting RIco was due to finances too. The amount he was getting paid (30k at least I'm guessing) and the value he was providing deemed it an easier decision. If he was a relatively low wage I expect he would have been kept on for a while longer at least. Not worth having an fairly avreage performer hanging around on money that could be better used elsewhere or on players in same position who can perform just as well or better for less, particularly with ffp, not having a bottomless pit of money.

I think Parker would have known all about Rico before he set foot in our club. Managers these days have to have an extensive knowledge of players who have been in and around the Premier league.

Lovely guy. Very erratic defender. About one in ten of his crosses would be right on the money but the other nine would either hit the first man or end up in the stand. He was good at reading the game at times and making interceptions but at other times his positioning would be all over the place and his decision making was frankly bizarre in certain moments. I also don’t think I’ve ever seen a full back at this level who is less comfortable carrying the ball forward, it just looked completely unnatural to him. I’d say that we paid 10m for a player who is at best an average championship player. Lovely guy though lol

I imagine at least half of the reason for shifting RIco was due to finances too. The amount he was getting paid (30k at least I'm guessing) and the value he was providing deemed it an easier decision. If he was a relatively low wage I expect he would have been kept on for a while longer at least. Not worth having an fairly avreage performer hanging around on money that could be better used elsewhere or on players in same position who can perform just as well or better for less, particularly with ffp, not having a bottomless pit of money.

Think Rico was keen to move back to Spain too. Sure that would have been a factor. Am sure Parker would have appreciated him this season as a left back option.

COMUNICADO:A lo largo de los últimos meses he venido sufriendo difamaciones, ataques a mi persona, mi familia y mi entorno, acoso en definitiva, a través de diversas redes sociales. Con la ayuda de mis allegados he intentado poner freno a esto y ahora, una vez logrado el objetivo no queriendo desviar la atención de mi profesión, he denunciado estos hechos ante las autoridades competentes. Nadie es merecedor de ser acosado a través de cuentas falsas que se crean expresamente con el motivo de hacer daño. Acusaciones falsas muy graves a mí y a personas de mi entorno es algo que no podía permitir más. Muy agradecido a la Ertzaintza por el trato y comprensión por su parte. Gracias. Diego Rico.

Put through Google translate...

COMMUNICATION: Over the last few months I have been suffering defamation, attacks on myself, my family and my environment, harassment in short, through various social networks. With the help of my relatives I have tried to put a stop to this and now, having achieved the objective, not wanting to divert attention from my profession, I have reported these events to the competent authorities. No one deserves to be harassed through fake accounts that are created expressly for the purpose of harm. Very serious false accusations against me and people around me is something that I could not allow anymore. Very grateful to the Ertzaintza for the treatment and understanding on their part. Thank you. Diego Rico.

Attachments

• 1652817555413.png
    1652817555413.png
    312 bytes · Views: 10
COMUNICADO:A lo largo de los últimos meses he venido sufriendo difamaciones, ataques a mi persona, mi familia y mi entorno, acoso en definitiva, a través de diversas redes sociales. Con la ayuda de mis allegados he intentado poner freno a esto y ahora, una vez logrado el objetivo no queriendo desviar la atención de mi profesión, he denunciado estos hechos ante las autoridades competentes. Nadie es merecedor de ser acosado a través de cuentas falsas que se crean expresamente con el motivo de hacer daño. Acusaciones falsas muy graves a mí y a personas de mi entorno es algo que no podía permitir más. Muy agradecido a la Ertzaintza por el trato y comprensión por su parte. Gracias. Diego Rico.

Put through Google translate...

COMMUNICATION: Over the last few months I have been suffering defamation, attacks on myself, my family and my environment, harassment in short, through various social networks. With the help of my relatives I have tried to put a stop to this and now, having achieved the objective, not wanting to divert attention from my profession, I have reported these events to the competent authorities. No one deserves to be harassed through fake accounts that are created expressly for the purpose of harm. Very serious false accusations against me and people around me is something that I could not allow anymore. Very grateful to the Ertzaintza for the treatment and understanding on their part. Thank you. Diego Rico.
That’s awful. He always struck me as a genuine person with honest qualities, certainly as far as his family are concerned (especially regarding his brother and his disability) so this is sad to read. Good for him for standing up to it.

Yeah very 'cultured ' left foot on him. I know what you mean.

Solid enough defender too, can see why Howe was attracted to him. Just never quite clicked did it. Not anywhere near often enough anyway.

Not quite quick enough as a left back or left wing back. He was a hell of a good LCB, though and was good at taking set pieces.

Would anyone else take him back to play LCB in a back three?

Thought I was over my man-crush but still love the guy....
I would have him back to give Parker another option at LB. JZ was brilliant last season and deserves a chance to start in the premier league BUT he must have competition for his place.

;