Diego Rico

I'm no Tindallphobe but I'd love to see a transcript of the meeting at the start of last season when it was decided that Zemura, Anthony and Kilkenny weren't up to it so we'd get in Long, Riquelme and Wilshere :oops:

Very odd decisions, especially Long.

Very odd decisions, especially Long.

lost king and needed a striker at short notice on loan…not many going in January that are prolific.

as for JZ I repeatedly championed him as an attacking full back but in a couple of games he did play he was exposed defensively. Could understand both Rico and Kelly above him and neither there in that position this season. Even the games in Spain this season he looked a risk defensively even if so good attacking wise. That his defending has improved so much then credit to him but also to SP for his coaching and maybe having a stable Cahill/Kelly pairing has helped him too.

He may not have hit the heights we'd hoped for us on the field, but always seemed a good guy off it, clear he really cares for his family. Good luck to him.

Indeed. Was very average for us overall (and thats being kind), even in the Championship. I guess thats the nature/risk of any signings, particularly when signed from abroad. In particular when its for a significant fee, although obviously the player doesn't have any input around that.

Probably a player Parker would have liked..... maybe we wouldn't have seen Zemura had Rico stayed.
Very average left back for but an absolutely superb left sided CB for us in a 3.

Next Topfarrier will turn up on the Meatloaf thread with "of course if Scott Parker had been involved in producing Bat out of Hell it would have been too conservative and Fulham fans would have hated it".

Probably a player Parker would have liked..... maybe we wouldn't have seen Zemura had Rico stayed.
Very average left back for but an absolutely superb left sided CB for us in a 3.

Maybe. Not sure. Parker clearly likes attacking full backs, which I don't think is what Rico is necessarily.

Next Topfarrier will turn up on the Meatloaf thread with "of course if Scott Parker had been involved in producing Bat out of Hell it would have been too conservative and Fulham fans would have hated it".
You don't need me to tell you we have a conservative manager tbf......most neutral Championship fans would tell you the same thing.... it's just a fact rather than any agenda.

Maybe. Not sure. Parker clearly likes attacking full backs, which I don't think is what Rico is necessarily.
Hard to know but if Parker had the choice at the start of the season between Rico or an unproven Zemura I think he'd have gone with Rico.... would have been perfectly understandable given the lack of experience in the rest of the side for that first game tbf .

You don't need me to tell you we have a conservative manager tbf......most neutral Championship fans would tell you the same thing.... it's just a fact rather than any agenda.

When it comes up in every unrelated thread it is quite clearly an agenda. Nothing wrong with an agenda tbf but relating every topic to the same point over and over again is beyond boring.

I saw a thread about Rico and saw an opportunity to have another pop at Parker?
I didn't have a pop at Parker.....I said that Rico might've been a player Parker would have liked and he could well have started the season ahead of Zemura given the lack of experience in the side at that time......not everyone has an agenda Derek .

Odd player Rico.

Thought his best spell was that little run we had in the PL in our last year when we had some back to back wins and won at Southampton… he was excellent but never really pushed on. Thought he might monster the Championship but he didn’t really…

One of those players probably better in their homelands.

Hard to know but if Parker had the choice at the start of the season between Rico or an unproven Zemura I think he'd have gone with Rico.... would have been perfectly understandable given the lack of experience in the rest of the side for that first game tbf .

Yeah you're right. Definitely a case that managers will lean towards experienced pro's sometimes. Difficult to know everything that goes towards decisions, as we don;t see what goes on in training, their characters etc. Some even suggest players on higher wage, previous value may get edge due to those factors.

;