Dominic Solanke

We were all there but we may all have seen it differently it’s football. Yes Solanke was a brilliant signing but not what we needed at the time. The final season where we let Mousset and Defoe go and kept Solanke I believe cost us 200m. The fact he has turned out brilliantly is neither here nor there in this argument as nobody is doubting it.

Absolutely mindboggling how far you'll go with an agenda. Wilson and King turned to sh*t Mousett was always sh*t and it's indisputable that swapping him for Solanke was the right move.... And you blame relegation on Solanke. Do you think our side was serving the front players as well as they might that season? All that he's proven since and you hold him responsible for relegation. Absolutely shameful.

Not sure why people need to label a different point of view to their own as an agenda. Strange modern trend.

We replaced two strikers who knew how to score with one who didn’t. That I believe is why we went down. I’m fine for you to have a different point of view/agenda to that.

People label you with it because it's as clear as day that it's what you do. Slag off as many new signings as you can until you can't possibly slag them off any more. Big up players who have left and use that inflated opinion to beat up players in the current squad.

Replaced two strokers who knew how to score? Defoe? When Howe had refused to pick him for months? Good god.

Absolutely mindboggling how far you'll go with an agenda. Wilson and King turned to sh*t Mousett was always sh*t and it's indisputable that swapping him for Solanke was the right move.... And you blame relegation on Solanke. Do you think our side was serving the front players as well as they might that season? All that he's proven since and you hold him responsible for relegation. Absolutely shameful.
People label you with it because it's as clear as day that it's what you do. Slag off as many new signings as you can until you can't possibly slag them off any more. Big up players who have left and use that inflated opinion to beat up players in the current squad.

Replaced two strokers who knew how to score? Defoe? When Howe had refused to pick him for months? Good god.
Not sure why you need to always get riled with different opinions. People keep pointing this out to you. It’s weird mate.

It’s really simple. Defoe and Mousset knew more about where the net was at that time than Dom. That’s not an opinion it’s a statistical fact. Im not blaming the relegation on him as he didn’t make the decision to replace them with himself.

He’s been brilliant from having a couple of confidence building years in the championship, struggled again in the PL but has now found a manager who has unlocked his undoubted talent into goals. That’s all brilliant and we are all agreed on that.

Solanke was clearly signed as a player to develop, which he has done. We had more than enough fire power in the forward areas in Wilson and King, I’m not sure what reality this is where a team with two proven goal scorers already goes out and recruits another proven scorer. What player with pedigree already would have realistically joined to be a bit part player? Because he certainly wasn’t going to play ahead of Wilson and King.

We got relegated for a combination of reasons, one of them was not due to our third choice striker not scoring enough goals lol

Try:

•Players like Fraser, King and Wilson downing tools.
•Injuries to key players (Brooks and Danjuma)
•An over reliance on players who were no longer capable of playing at the top level (Francis, Surman etc)
•A manager who quite frankly had ran out of ideas and needed a break.

But no, we got relegated on goal difference (I know that we didn’t) because the idiotic Dickie Hughes recruited a third choice striker who only managed a pathetic four goals.

Clearly no agendas, just opinions!!

Not sure why you need to always get riled with different opinions. People keep pointing this out to you. It’s weird mate.

It’s really simple. Defoe and Mousset knew more about where the net was at that time than Dom. That’s not an opinion it’s a statistical fact. Im not blaming the relegation on him as he didn’t make the decision to replace them with himself.

He’s been brilliant from having a couple of confidence building years in the championship, struggled again in the PL but has now found a manager who has unlocked his undoubted talent into goals. That’s all brilliant and we are all agreed on that.
Oh come on we were all there, mousset knew how to find the net? He was awful, the fact we got 10m for him (£'s not lira), was a minor miracle. Put any stat you like up, he was not a premier league player, and certainly not better than dom.
Mousset scored once in the last season with us in 23 appearances, are you saying he knew where the net was? Jeez

If we had signed a third “first choice” striker, I’m sure the logical complaint would then be that we’ve got an unbalanced squad and we’ve wasted a fee and wages on a player who makes 15 plus appearances from the bench instead of strengthening an area more critical.

I’m not saying Adam’s doesn’t have a decent pedigree I’m saying we should have swerved him like others did.

The Solanke point you keep bringing up needs the context you avoid. Solanke wasn’t the 20m we needed to spend at that time as he was incapable of grabbing a goal in the PL and we got relegated. One for the future for sure but that season we needed a back up for two injury prone centre forwards, even a loan deal would have been better.
When should we have bought him then, and for how much?

Reactions: DJ
If we had signed a third “first choice” striker, I’m sure the logical complaint would then be that we’ve got an unbalanced squad and we’ve wasted a fee and wages on a player who makes 15 plus appearances from the bench instead of strengthening an area more critical.
Jermaine Defoe. I never saw him as a waste of a signing.

Yes and how long did it take him to score? We were relegated on goal difference. So the 10m net loss on the Solanke/Mousset deal over the year potentially cost us way more than that as we spent two years in the championship. Mousset scored more premier league goals than Solanke that year and the year before.

This isn’t about what both players became despite people trying to make it that for obvious reasons it was about what we needed at the time.
Really, whats your point?

Oh come on we were all there, mousset knew how to find the net? He was awful, the fact we got 10m for him (£'s not lira), was a minor miracle. Put any stat you like up, he was not a premier league player, and certainly not better than dom.
Mousset scored once in the last season with us in 23 appearances, are you saying he knew where the net was? Jeez
At that time he knew more about where the net was than Solanke did. At that time… it’s a statistical fact. So did Defoe. Signing Dom was not the issue, it was letting them go to do it or not replacing either of them with a ready striker.

At that time he knew more about where the net was than Solanke did. At that time… it’s a statistical fact. So did Defoe. Signing Dom was not the issue, it was letting them go to do it or not replacing either of them with a ready striker.
1 goal in a season proves he knew how to find the net. Once I repeat once!
In total 3 goals in 58 appearances in 3 season! That's knowing where the net is?

did you forget defoe wasn't happy here and even done a interview where he was critical of howes management of him?

1 goal in a season proves he knew how to find the net. Once I repeat once!
In total 3 goals in 58 appearances in 3 season! That's knowing where the net is?
You see this is the danger of looking at old arguments without context not that im blaming you. At the time I was talking about this Mousset had scored 6 goals in a premier league season (for Sheff U) and Solanke was yet to net. In fact it has taken until this season for Solanke to outdo that number of goals in a PL season.

did you forget defoe wasn't happy here and even done a interview where he was critical of howes management of him?
You’re probably right. Managed properly AT THAT TIME though he was a more reliable source of goals than Dom. That’s not an opinion it’s a statistical fact.

;