Dominic Solanke

You see this is the danger of looking at old arguments without context not that im blaming you. At the time I was talking about this Mousset had scored 6 goals in a premier league season (for Sheff U) and Solanke was yet to net. In fact it has taken until this season for Solanke to outdo that number of goals in a PL season.
You actually said, we replaced 2 goal scorers who knew how to score with one who didn't.
So you stand by that given mousset scored 3 in 3 seasons?

You actually said, we replaced 2 goal scorers who knew how to score with one who didn't.
So you stand by that given mousset scored 3 in 3 seasons?
9 PL goals v a chap with none at the time. It doesn’t make him Alan Shearer but it makes him much more likely to score.

You’re probably right. Managed properly AT THAT TIME though he was a more reliable source of goals than Dom. That’s not an opinion it’s a statistical fact.
managed correctly and he would of got goals 100% but howe wanted defoe to change how he played rather then us playing to his strengths, there was no way at his age he was going to run the channels

managed correctly and he would of got goals 100% but howe wanted defoe to change how he played rather then us playing to his strengths, there was no way at his age he was going to run the channels
Yes it was really odd and they fell out over it, which was a shame as he showed he was still sharp when given the chance.

Yes it was really odd and they fell out over it, which was a shame as he showed he was still sharp when given the chance.
you can understand from defoe point of view he had been getting 15 goals a season doing what he done playing how he did and a 35 or 36 he was asked to change, 10 years younger then maybe but at his age he just wanted to enjoy his last years and pick up a good wage

The way Defoe talked about Howe on those podcasts was all the evidence you need as to why he had to leave. Came across as a total bellend, rewriting history to please the nodding dogs running the podcast thingy.

9 PL goals v a chap with none at the time. It doesn’t make him Alan Shearer but it makes him much more likely to score.
Again not true, your 9 mousset goals upto tthe19/20 season , dom had 4 premier league goals, 1 for Liverpool, 3 for us.
not sure why you continually make up facts

you can understand from defoe point of view he had been getting 15 goals a season doing what he done playing how he did and a 35 or 36 he was asked to change, 10 years younger then maybe but at his age he just wanted to enjoy his last years and pick up a good wage

And yet there he was when he signed saying how exciting it was to hear that Howe wanted to continue to develop him and that was exactly what he wanted…

Neil has completely lost the plot. His agenda has driven him round the bend and now he's tying himself in knots with his attempts to justify his crackpot agenda. Sad really.

Defoe and Mousett apparently strikers who knew how to find the net. I suppose at least that was true about Defoe at some point in his career, years before he signed and was a terrible fit for our style granted but he has shown he's capable. Mousset though? Christ.

The way Defoe talked about Howe on those podcasts was all the evidence you need as to why he had to leave. Came across as a total bellend, rewriting history to please the nodding dogs running the podcast thingy.
What podcast was this, don’t think I’ve heard it.

What podcast was this, don’t think I’ve heard it.

He arrived saying this…

He left saying this…

Not entirely sure how he thought he was going to improve if he wasn’t willing or happy to do things he’s never done before in training and in games.

How do you improve if you consider yourself the finished article? Simply you don’t.

Bruised ego, had to go, only place that would take him was Scotland.

You’re probably right. Managed properly AT THAT TIME though he was a more reliable source of goals than Dom. That’s not an opinion it’s a statistical fact.
It’s an opinion. You can’t make it a fact by adding the word’statistical’ in front of it, as you have now done twice.

Neil has completely lost the plot. His agenda has driven him round the bend and now he's tying himself in knots with his attempts to justify his crackpot agenda. Sad really.

Defoe and Mousett apparently strikers who knew how to find the net. I suppose at least that was true about Defoe at some point in his career, years before he signed and was a terrible fit for our style granted but he has shown he's capable. Mousset though? Christ.
Not sure why you need your usual hyperbole driven personal attack bit at the start. I’m only talking about this because you brought it up five years later (any agendas here are your ongoing obsession with me)

I’m just defending my position taken at a moment in time that two strikers who had undoubtedly scored more goals at the time shouldn’t have been allowed to leave without a replacement that could score at that time. You cannot deny any of that is fact unless you are questioning real evidence. It’s only this year that Solanke has beaten Moussets 2019 goal tally in the prem for Sheff U, he couldn’t even manage it last year.

You can try and turn this into an argument about how Solanke is this season v Moussets career disappearance as much as you like but it’s easy to see through this and why you are doing it.

I assume you are referring to my ‘agenda’ with Hughes but I’ve made it very clear many times that he had little to do with comings and goings in those days and in my head this one was on Eddie.

It’s an opinion. You can’t make it a fact by adding the word’statistical’ in front of it, as you have now done twice.
No Rob it’s a statistical fact that at the time I had this opinion (god only knows why I’m having to talk about it five years on) Mousset had scored more goals than Solanke.

He arrived saying this…

He left saying this…

Not entirely sure how he thought he was going to improve if he wasn’t willing or happy to do things he’s never done before in training and in games.

How do you improve if you consider yourself the finished article? Simply you don’t.

Bruised ego, had to go, only place that would take him was Scotland.
Yes, could totally see why Defoe had to go, never had an issue with that, it was not replacing him that was the problem. Defoe, Afobe and Mousset were not world beating players but they had more chance at that time of scoring than Dom did and I believe that cost us.

No Rob it’s a statistical fact that at the time I had this opinion (god only knows why I’m having to talk about it five years on) Mousset had scored more goals than Solanke.
Bad form to make judgements on the qualities of players over such short time frames. I’d imagine there were midfielders with better goal scoring records over that time but it didn’t make them better strikers.

I’m just defending my position taken at a moment in time that two strikers who had undoubtedly scored more goals at the time shouldn’t have been allowed to leave without a replacement that could score at that time. You cannot deny any of that is fact unless you are questioning real evidence. It’s only this year that Solanke has beaten Moussets 2019 goal tally in the prem for Sheff U, he couldn’t even manage it last year.

Can you please define how “at that time” actually means what he did the season afterwards at a different club?

Mousset had 3 goals in 3 years.

Solanke had matched that tally in half that time.

;