Dominic Solanke

Makes sense if we replace him with a better player. Obviously easier said than done though.
Agree in principle but assuming £50m is Dom's worth right now... For that money would you get someone that can put the ball in the net like Dom is doing now, works his socks off, holding the ball up and bringing players into the game like Dom and most importantly, can slot right in to Iraola's style and plan... like Dom... I'm not sure there is a player like this out there that does all of that... Certainly for that money...

We you write all he does down on paper it makes you realise how valuable he is to us as a team and could be to the Owners when he goes...

This season could be a make or break season for him to prove he can really cut it in front of goal in the PL... We know the rest of his game is outstanding, but so far, he's not delivered on the goals front (in the PL)...

If Manure can pay 75m for Højlund who has´nt scored any goals so far. Then Solanke must be worth at least a 100 million. Saudi here we come.

I don't really care what other people think

Doms a talent and we need to play to his strengths

It's either that or toss a coin and take a chance on yet another forward
And we all know what that usually leads to

This pisses me off; we spent decades waving goodbye to talent in order to survive, we don't need to move him on

To be honest I don’t know why we are taking it seriously.

Bill Foley is trying to build a side that will keep us in this league and then move higher up the table and yes, he has talked of Europe a bit further on.

Dominic Solanke is one of those key players we need to keep if we want to achieve what Foley wants under our new manager.

Someone who can regularly score goals is not easy find, because every other club is looking for that player.

We could be lucky and unearth a player from the lower leagues like Brentford did who regularly scored for them, but they don’t all work out.

We were so used to seeing our best players be sold and hopefully we are NOT now a selling club, but a club building for the future and looking up rather than down.

Dom has signed a new contract. Dom seems happy. Dom is having a great season. It would be stupid to sell Dom at this stage.

Hes just signed a new contract, so he can't just leave
When did a contract get in the way of money? Sorry, but if he wants to leave, his agent will sort it. Personally think he is really settled here and signing a new contract leads me to believe he sees the what AI is trying to achieve.

No I am not. But he could leave if the price is right. There are some who believe that he is not going anywhere. However, if some club offers lunatic money and doubles his wages he will go. Every player has his price.
Yes, fair enough.

But let's just try to be positive and imagine that he's happy here and that the club would not entertain letting him leave mid-season.
To me that is the most likely scenario, I don't own any rose-tinted glasses.

For FFP reasons I could definitely see us considering serious offers in the summer though, when we would have much more time to source and integrate a replacement.

Yes, fair enough.

But let's just try to be positive and imagine that he's happy here and that the club would not entertain letting him leave mid-season.
To me that is the most likely scenario, I don't own any rose-tinted glasses.

For FFP reasons I could definitely see us considering serious offers in the summer though, when we would have much more time to source and integrate a replacement.
I think this scenario is more realistic and guessing that buy low (if 20M is low!) Sell high is part of our future business strategy.

I think this scenario is more realistic and guessing that buy low (if 20M is low!) Sell high is part of our future business strategy.
I can't see us potentially scuppering our entire season just to make a fast buck. We're not that desperate yet.

If the interest is genuine and the club coming in represents a step up for Dom, I think it's reasonable for us to say to that club "Look, he's categorically not for sale at the moment but we are open to discussions in the summer".

That way we are not standing in Dom's way if he wants to take on the challenge and between now and the end of the season we can start seriously looking for somebody to replace him, should he end up leaving in the summer.
There is too much riding on this season for us to be so reckless as to just let him go and see what happens. That doesn't fit with running the club as a business. It would be an extremely risky move.

The only fly in the ointment would be a release clause being triggered but hopefully we didn't agree to one, or if we did, it's at a price which currently nobody would be prepared to pay.

I can't see Dom leaving before the summer, personally.
Between now and then he can score a few more goals and continue to push the price up for us ;)

;