Dubai

Autographs: its the thrill for kids to get close up to their idols!
I remember getting the whole teams once in Bournemouth Central Railway cafe on the way to White City in 62 /63....Dave Best, Jones, Singer, Woods, Coxon, Bumstead . etc. ...the thrill of meeting Billy Coxon at the time was immense!

Sorry, think I might join Bill & be another grumpy old sod on this one!

When Eddie says "it's something we've done historically and it has always given players a bit of a lift"
I can't help but think ah bless 'em they only earn obscene cash every week, own whatever car/home they desire, have more holidays than teachers, "work" (play football) approx 60hours a year if selected & uninjured, if injured they have access to the best medical care etc etc.... yep it sounds like I begrudge them all this well one thing is for sure I certainly don't feel sorry for them & think they need a few treats to give them a bit of a lift!

I will be up at Leicester cheering them on but no doubt if it's a naff performance this thread will almost certainly reappear, how relevant it would be is up for debate especially when so many are on international duty which makes the trip appear even more of a jolly & keep them sweet exercise.
Most of those in the team at Leicester are NOT in Dubai

Reading this thread, seems like many still can't get their heads around our PL status after four seasons! Popping off on trips like this won't cost us much comparatively, it will help keep those not on international duty happy for the week, the injured players can get something done too and a bit of bonding etc.
Warm weather training is well used in football but also most others sports too.

After the weather we have had recently that they have been training in every day and playing in, I reckon they deserve to be doing it somewhere a bit warmer for a week. It must be beneficial for tired muscles and aching joints.

Do you get to go and watch them play a training game or is it all behind closed doors?

I’ve never actually been to go and look. The first time they came here during the promotion season I emailed them, tweeted them, tweeted fletch, no reply at all so assumed they weren’t open sessions and have never asked again.

The players on the field v Leicester will be whoever Eddie picks !
What the flying F has it to do with Internationals or Dubai?????
and if as people say ..Dubai is about relaxing muscles in the warm...you would assume then, that was to be for the benefit of the next game...Leicester!
Those that actually play in Internationals will be match fit too ..unless they get injured!

Last edited:

;