Eddie Howe - New Stadium Vital

i) He gets £3k a day and doesn't play. Zubar is now off the books so you can change that if you like. Yes, I know. Still, every time I read it that's who I think about.

If you think Zubar was on that money, then I worry for our fan base.

Think Board members who coddle tickets for their fawning daughter. 3 years running.
Time to update. Seems to be £3,750 a day now. Conformation will be side stepped in the accounts.
[/QUOTE]

I read it on here so it must be true. I think the posts from back then are long gone but there's a reference to it in the Echo comment by ASM:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp...lf_years_after_his_last_game/#comments-anchor.

You can't get better proof than that.

I really thought the training grounds would be in production now, but they are not.
Seems I am the one in the wrong for questioning why nothing has happened.

I may well be misremembering but I thought you were the one saying there wouldn't be a spade in the ground in 2018? Something like that anyway. If I've recalled correctly, that doesn't really equate to thinking they would be in production by now.

you need to buy a Walker seat and get a head massage.

I was thinking of the current regime, though it's easy for them to keep promises when they never actually say anything worth hearing. I recall them saying 2021, and that deadline hasn't slipped yet. We're all a little frustrated, the seasons over we all want our fix of Cherry news. We don't agree on everything no, but that doesn't mean I'll choose to disagree with you for the sake of it. I generally leave an argument in the thread or happened in. You're right to ask questions, we all want to know. I know we've been stung so many times before, but until he let's us down I'm going to keep trusting him. Maybe I worry about making it a self fulfilling prophecy

Actually just scrolled up, our Northern exile said it pretty damn well I think

Planning permissions.
Training ground.
Structadoodah this and that.
Everyone KNOWS about accounts because they ran a book on Snail racing in the school playground.
Everyone's dog has sniffed someone's dog whose owner knows someone who shares the same hairdresser as the council toilet cleaner two-jobby who also cleans Denims car and therefore has all the guff!
Eddies movements will depend on it.
Apparently Al Gard is off his acting-local Gallic Rocker.
It's all mixed up with the policy on transfers.
Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch Councils have other things on their minds - interdogging sites and more zig- zag paths on the cliffs for Gradel and Grabban to run up and down if they come back and have nothing else to do.
Someone spotted a BRICK- but it was just a large pencil rubber that fell off the back of a van.
I'm talking a load of S##t.
So is everyone else.
The owners are not talking about anything.
The Echo staff are Naked in Bournemouth Gardens making Daisy Chains . Bored out of their skins.
The National Press are more concerned about who is going to build a model of Old Trafford stadium in the large brownfield site inside ManU 's empty trophy cabinet. Planning is at a further stage than ours -it's started!
Any news from those closer to KP?

Nothing new on this thread then apart from the club doing a geographical survey on an old golf course. Something you thought they might have considered doing before shelling out £3.7777777 million.

@wellsworld walking his dog gives us better updates than the club.(y)

Just a simple question for all.
Keep paying the wages that keeps us in the big trough of the PL, or new stadium.
I fear at the moment we can't have both.

The Premier League trough won't ever be enough to fund a new stadium, unless it has the 5k capacity that was once mooted!

I want to make it clear, and in agreement with all, we want this.
We want the incredible ride to take us to the next level.
But to sustain that ride we need the funds to augment playing staff, off field staff, and a new stadium.
How difficult is the balancing act?

To fund a new stadium, we have to be PL.
We can't be PL without paying good cash for good players.

Don't believe the club about a 20/21 stadium. That has gone. Won't happen. Full stop.

Nothing new on this thread then apart from the club doing a geographical survey on an old golf course. Something you thought they might have considered doing before shelling out £3.7777777 million.

@wellsworld walking his dog gives us better updates than the club.(y)

I have a confession. I didn't take the dog, was walking from home to the firkin shed. The dogs too old for that.

This is how I believe our money men are looking at it.
Keep investing in the squad just enough to stay in the PL, and collect the big cheque each year

Hardly. The latest accounts show that Max and Peak6 have lent the club interest free £34.7 million and £19.6 million respectively. Add in their respective initial investments and the operating profit of £14 million last year is probably only a 3 or 4% return on investment.

What's more the notes to the accounts state that we paid £3.775 million for the Canford training ground site, plus what £6 or £7 million to build it? It looks as if that £10 million or so development is going to be funded from trading income. So no indication that Max or the Americans intend to take significant profits out.

The new ground is a different scale of investment though and will need significant and separate funding. The club may just be bogged down in pulling together the detail of the financial package and the planning considerations, or they may indeed have got cold feet about the cost. Only time will tell.

It’s a huge financial commitment without any guarantee of payback. Wages are only going one way and quality additions will cost big money too. Fear that we will return to L1 rather quickly without a new ground built ASAP.
Just a simple question for all.
Keep paying the wages that keeps us in the big trough of the PL, or new stadium.
I fear at the moment we can't have both.

I fear that without a new ground the “keep in PL” dream disappears as costs are going up and likely tv money will go down as big clubs want a bigger share of overseas deal to stave off a super league. Plus better players want to play in big grounds rather than 10k L1 stadia and thus I can’t see Eddie hanging around to cement that legacy without it. This was always going to be the crunch point of that Prem dream 5 years ago. Either you see it all the way through or sell to the Chinese!

It’s a huge financial commitment without any guarantee of payback. Wages are only going one way and quality additions will cost big money too. Fear that we will return to L1 rather quickly without a new ground built ASAP.

I fear that without a new ground the “keep in PL” dream disappears as costs are going up and likely tv money will go down as big clubs want a bigger share of overseas deal to stave off a super league. Plus better players want to play in big grounds rather than 10k L1 stadia and thus I can’t see Eddie hanging around to cement that legacy without it. This was always going to be the crunch point of that Prem dream 5 years ago. Either you see it all the way through or sell to the Chinese!

In a few years we will be asking where all the money went!
And the usual suspects will rinse their hands.

I don't think it's necessarily to much of a juggling act. He managed to find the money to build this for Dusseldorf, we're a much safer bet, as unlike German clubs he actually owns us, and the Prem trough is (for now) bigger than the Bundestrough

maxresdefault.jpg

1200px-ESPRIT_arena_in_Duesseldorf-Stockum,_von_Sueden.jpg

espritarena_top1.jpg

Even got a dinky little train, guess he misses Poole Park

I don't think it's necessarily to much of a juggling act. He managed to find the money to build this for Dusseldorf, we're a much safer bet, as unlike German clubs he actually owns us, and the Prem trough is (for now) bigger than the Bundestrough

View attachment 673

View attachment 674

View attachment 675

If anything remotely like this happens, I will applaud you,
But in our hearts, you know, and I know.....And so far the proof is there.

View attachment 673

View attachment 674

View attachment 675

that top pic reminds me of the infamous elton john gig at dc... NOT!

In a few years we will be asking where all the money went!
And the usual suspects will rinse their hands.
Its like Groundhog Day.

State the problem, offer no solution
State the prob...

Sorry Al, but theres little any of us can do.

Its like Groundhog Day.

State the problem, offer no solution
State the prob...

Sorry Al, but theres little any of us can do.

Hey Rob. If only we had that wisdom from 1997 onwards.
Solution.....
AFCB STOP TELLING LIES ABOUT BUILDING NEW STADIUMS AND TRAINING COMPLEXES.
YOU ARE FEEDING THE FANS WITH COBBLERS.
THERE WILL BE NO NEW STADIUM FOR 20/21 SEASON,
BUT MOSTYN ET AL WILL BE £7MILLION BETTER OFF BY THEN.
PREDICTION....BUT WILL BE FACT.

;