End of season clear out

Academy productivity rating 2016-17.

See where we are in the table.

http://www.trainingground.guru/articles/academy-audit

mark pike - 21/3/2018 13:07

Ok, but a premiership stadium that holds just10500 with lamentable facilities for those attending can’t be right can it?

I'm not saying I'm satisfied with what we have, just that we aren't quite as poo as we thought. That said btk's list above is pretty damning, I'd love to say that's because of our rapid growth, but excuses are becoming less and less and time goes on, too many youth players playing non-league or at too low a level. As an example, I really like the look of Joe Quigley (still do in truth), but at 21 he's playing at Boreham Wood, I wanted to be seeing him in Championship or Lg 1 at this time

billythekid - 21/3/2018 13:11

Academy productivity rating 2016-17.

See where we are in the table.

http://www.trainingground.guru/articles/academy-audit

Interesting table. Particularly interesting to see Swansea down near the bottom despite being Class 1. Also note that Infrastructure and Hove Albion aren't getting a much better return on their investment than we get from our portacabin and council pitches.

I agree no clear out , there are a couple of first teamers ( not naming names )that really have to start taking a back seat .Two good 10 mill plus signings in and I will be more than happy .

I still think you need goalkeeper.
Begovic is #2 type of guy.
Eddy should take a look at Bartosz Bialkowski from Ipswich .
He got called up for Poland's national team vs Nigeria and South Korea.
In old U 20 he was number 1 Szczesny was #2.
I'm sure Bialkowski would consider moving up to PL,as a backup or maybe # 1 . Bartosz is 30 so age isn't a factor .

...good recommendation I reckon Badkeeper...but I think buying a GK won't be an Eddie priority in the summer as he will probably rely on Ramsdale as a No2?

Is Eddy happy with his numero uno?
Officially ,yes . Is Bialkowski better than Begovic ?
I think he is better.

I recall you mentioning Bialkowski a couple of years back and at that time he seemed ideal, however he's not as young as I thought he was, and doesn't seem better enough than Begovic to risk on. Hopefully Ramsdale at Champs club next year and Feds good enough as a reserve, can't see Bialkowski being happy to compete for shirt here

cockbeard - 22/3/2018 14:05

I recall you mentioning Bialkowski a couple of years back and at that time he seemed ideal, however he's not as young as I thought he was, and doesn't seem better enough than Begovic to risk on. Hopefully Ramsdale at Champs club next year and Feds good enough as a reserve, can't see Bialkowski being happy to compete for shirt here

I have a problem with the idea of "Feds good enough as a reserve"

...agree I don't think Federici is good enough back up, nor is Ryan Alsopp...but Ramsdale could do for us what Pickford did for Sunderland and Nick Pope has done for Burnley?

I'd love Ramsdale to be good enough but I want to see him do at least half a season at Champs level or higher. I definitely don't want to see Feds in goal for us but finding someone happy to be a number two seems difficult. I'm also pretty confident that Ramsdale will get there in a couple of seasons

badkeeper - 21/3/2018 22:40

I'm sure Bialkowski would consider moving up to PL,as a backup or maybe # 1 . Bartosz is 30 so age isn't a factor .

No thanks.

[youtube=aXbU98NF2wc]

As with the plan B debate, we get the "Eddie needs to get rid" thread every season since we got promoted from League 1, with the usual list of players on it : )
Eddie trusts 'em and I trust Eddie : )

Not having a go at anyone, these International breaks/ Cup free weekends seem to last for months : ). Much rather have these than the Religion/Brexit = Good/Bad threads : ) (don't want them stopped, just that sometimes I have to check the calendar, see if it's Groundhog day) : )

Thank goodness the accounts don't come out for a while : )

DJ - 22/3/2018 18:08

badkeeper - 21/3/2018 22:40

No thanks.

[youtube=aXbU98NF2wc]

Shwan Jalal was very good at that particular one as well.

...to be fair did you see the two goals that Courtois conceded v Barca?

..all GK will make one or two horror errors...I can only recall a few that I have never seen drop a howler in my time watching football...and you can't really compare now to the past as every game is covered by cameras now whereas only the top games tended to get coverage back in the day ...

I never really saw Gordon Banks or Pat Jennings drop a gaff?...

I had an old car once, a loyal friend, it had taken me where ever I wanted to go. Sadly it started breaking down on a regular basis. I desperately wanted to keep it going but realised it could no longer take me any further. I'm sorry CRU 472 I had to let you go. A brand new Vauxhall Cresta arrived and took me to places the old car could no longer go. Same with players, a new model is needed to take us further than the current one can. It's sad but a fact of life. :sad:

I often see comments like "the next level", "take us further", etc, but these terms are never defined. What do AFCB supporters on this forum expect for next year, maybe next three years. I will start a new thread and I hope that everyone can provide candid and realistic views of their expectaions.

Thanks.

;