England cricket

You’d still expect England to win, but this shows how short sighted the ICC are in reducing World Cup to 10 teams. Cricket is struggling at the moment, so surely they should be growing the sport not restricting it. On their day, these minnows can and have caused upsets

Could not agree more.

The only thing Mickey Mouse tbh Al is England's mentality/complacency with regard to Scotland in every sport we play against them! Just the kick up the butt the useless b######s need!.....Scotland?????!!!!!!!!
Sturgeon, Billy Connolly and Frankie Boyle will have fun with that between spit - roasts!!
Let me get this right....it disnae matter about f##cking Hampshire or Middlesex, Essex or any other sex... (for that you need Jimmy Carr).
You lose at cricket to Scotland- what next ?....you send Prince Harry up to the Highland Games to win the Caber Tossing to get the f###cking balance or some kind of dignity back.( He is part Scot - so forget that, the Queen'll fix it anyway).
This country is in big trouble Sergeant Major! Root captains the Test side : We pick a Irishman with a Welsh surname to captain England in the ODI!
Ok I'm going mad!

I've just dug up W.G.Grace and turned the boy over...the poor bugger is so tired from doing it himself ..thought I'd give him a hand!

Postscript: I've just strangled my Aunty Mary's Blue Canary! I've just discovered that one of Scotland's players, Chris Cole is.... 'on Hampshire's books' !

Last edited:
Great to have a bowling line up that has got wicket takers throughout and some variation in how they can do it.
Very enjoyable listening .

Love cricket, never been to a T20 in my life and I don't see any reason to. It's weighted so heavily in the batsmens favour. It may as well be a different sport

Back to the Test match, what a great game. BUT why start the game on a wednesday? Thursday is always the traditional start day, which always guaranteed a full days play on Saturday and usually on the Sunday as well. The most popular days for spectators are now screwed up. The saturday crowd paying top whack for tickets see less than 2 hours play and all the Sunday crowd have to apply for a refund and feel disappointed.

Love cricket, never been to a T20 in my life and I don't see any reason to. It's weighted so heavily in the batsmens favour. It may as well be a different sport

Look at it in exactly that way and you’d love it. It is a completely different sport, no doubt we’ll eventually see more and more players who don’t play the two disciplines as it is so different.

I don’t really see a place for 50 over cricket anymore.

;