England cricket

A distinct reluctance on Google’s part tonight to identify a cricketer who played for both Hampshire and Yorkshire.

Radio coverage today was sobering, how this stuff is still happening in this day and age I do not know.

The only way things could get worse for cricket is if they had got Boycott in to answer questions.

...I am sure that Cricket is not the only sport that this has happened in...it just takes victims of abuse to be strong enough to make it public and put the pressure on the perpetrators to come clean...

Football seems to be an island to itself where very few, if any at all, can freely express their sexuality or even abusive 'banter'..I cannot believe that it is so pure and honest??

...I am sure that Cricket is not the only sport that this has happened in...it just takes victims of abuse to be strong enough to make it public and put the pressure on the perpetrators to come clean...

Football seems to be an island to itself where very few, if any at all, can freely express their sexuality or even abusive 'banter'..I cannot believe that it is so pure and honest??

No chance. Simon Jordan mentioned this on Talksport.

The amount of millions that the first current PL player would get from coming out - but it still wouldn't be worth it for all the crap he'll likely get

If players decide to 'come out' ...we are possibly talking of about 10 % of the total squad numbers in our main leagues...there are at least 3 or 4 in our local pubs on a Saturday evening out of crowds of 30 to 40 people..it seems to be on the rise...so this is quite a big deal..but at the end of the day...as long as they can play the game when they 'go out' on that turf...
....that's how to see it from a fans perspective...surely that's the drill...
As I see it ..who cares about their sexuality if they can score a goal, create one, or prevent one !

...but then if MONEY is on the menu in the big picture.....well Que Sera Sera....every man for themselves....and bugger the consequences !

But..going back to the Crickit...

Radio coverage today was sobering, how this stuff is still happening in this day and age I do not know.

The only way things could get worse for cricket is if they had got Boycott in to answer questions.

If Boycott got put in the seat ..I think you'd get very straight answers.. a man who knows his crickit and what it should be about..Bat and fookin Ball...and much less Press ,TV and POLITICAL interference.

Last edited:
A distinct reluctance on Google’s part tonight to identify a cricketer who played for both Hampshire and Yorkshire.
Azeem Rafiq: Tino Best says cricket needs to tackle drinking culture - BBC Sport

Its a fair point made. For those in the thick of it, and wanting to be part of it, such a culture could be considered as just being in with the lads. But if drinking isnt your thing for whatever reason, it can act as a barrier or exclusion

I can now look back at my time in the military and recall how similar culture was in play at some places, never considered the impact on those not wanting to be part of it

Michael Vaughan has been cancelled for comments he allegedly made 13 years ago. Will Rafiq be similarly condemned for disgusting anti semitic comments he DID make 10 years ago?

;