England Euro 2020

Love how Ramsdale was generally better for us than he was for Sheffield, yet only gets called up now that he’s left and after having barely 3 months of good form.

Surely depends on competition for places. Wilson has arguably been better for Newcastle than he was for us yet no call up.

I certainly don't get as excited as I used to over these tournaments but will get more engaged as it gets closer and starts in earnest. Unfortunately, I find the whole England set up incredibly dull. From the characterless manager to the characterless players. I guess I still look back fondly on the EL Tel era and the Bobby Robson years where the England team had ' something about it' be it the madcap antics of Gazza or the jaw straining passion on Pearce's face. We had some wonderful players then who embraced what playing for the national team meant. It's just not the same now or I'm just getting old *sigh*

I certainly don't get as excited as I used to over these tournaments but will get more engaged as it gets closer and starts in earnest. Unfortunately, I find the whole England set up incredibly dull. From the characterless manager to the characterless players. I guess I still look back fondly on the EL Tel era and the Bobby Robson years where the England team had ' something about it' be it the madcap antics of Gazza or the jaw straining passion on Pearce's face. We had some wonderful players then who embraced what playing for the national team meant. It's just not the same now or I'm just getting old *sigh*

Who knew 20 odd years of England players getting slagged off by their own fans would impact how much they care about playing for their country?

Love how Ramsdale was generally better for us than he was for Sheffield, yet only gets called up now that he’s left and after having barely 3 months of good form.
While with us he was the regular U21 keeper which was right for him at that time. He was being touted as a possible for the Euro 2020 squad early 2020

Don't get your point

Players might have embraced what playing for the national side meant years ago but more recently its meant guaranteed grief from the 'fans' no matter what happens. Hardly surprising if they aren't bursting with pride to pull on the shirt.

I remember Rooney once dared to suggest that getting booed by your own fans wasn't exactly the best support they might get and the hypocritical po-faced press was up in arms about it. I reckon I'd have told the country to shove their national side a long time ago if I was anywhere near good enough.

Provided Maguire and Henderson make it with fitness I think It's easy to cull the first few like Rambo, White, Godfrey, Watkins but then it gets bit tough but I think it might be Ward-Prowse, Saka or Trippier and probably Greenwood who showed form too late. JWC's set pieces would come in handy though.

This .

Players might have embraced what playing for the national side meant years ago but more recently its meant guaranteed grief from the 'fans' no matter what happens. Hardly surprising if they aren't bursting with pride to pull on the shirt.

I remember Rooney once dared to suggest that getting booed by your own fans wasn't exactly the best support they might get and the hypocritical po-faced press was up in arms about it. I reckon I'd have told the country to shove their national side a long time ago if I was anywhere near good enough.
Well they’d just served up that 0-0 performance v Algeria in the World Cup 2010 - no wonder they were booed!

Bloody limp squad...My God.. he think that gonna do anything....mind you... would of been even worse with Wilson in it..

3 or 4 of the players I'd not even heard of....Ferk!

Makes you want to Weep....when you remember...Greaves , Ball, Stiles, Matthews and Finney, the Charltons..Moore and Allen.

What the Hell is going on with English Football.. England !!!

I don’t think this will age well.

I saw the most pride I'd seen since Euro 96 in Russia, although we were severely short on quality and got knocked out by an average Croatia. I said before the Golden Generation despite their underachievement would've taken France to pens in that Final. Bit more quality now in the squad but they need to replicate that with the pride, I don't see Southgate winning anything though.

World Cup and the Nations League have really made England more interesting for me.

Qualifiers less so due to the lack of competitiveness.

Well they’d just served up that 0-0 performance v Algeria in the World Cup 2010 - no wonder they were booed!

How much national pride can you feel pulling on the shirt for a bunch of entitled supporters who feel like you owe them something? As I say, I wouldn't be busting my gut for these dickheads.

I saw the most pride I'd seen since Euro 96 in Russia, although we were severely short on quality and got knocked out by an average Croatia. I said before the Golden Generation despite their underachievement would've taken France to pens in that Final. Bit more quality now in the squad but they need to replicate that with the pride, I don't see Southgate winning anything though.

Yeah I can't see them winning anything in my lifetime tbh. Good luck to them though.

;