England Euro 2020

Bloody limp squad...My God.. he think that gonna do anything....mind you... would of been even worse with Wilson in it..

3 or 4 of the players I'd not even heard of....Ferk!

Makes you want to Weep....when you remember...Greaves , Ball, Stiles, Matthews and Finney, the Charltons..Moore and Allen.

What the Hell is going on with English Football.. England !!!
Out interest Brian, who hadn't you heard of?

Bloody limp squad...My God.. he think that gonna do anything....mind you... would of been even worse with Wilson in it..

3 or 4 of the players I'd not even heard of....Ferk!

Makes you want to Weep....when you remember...Greaves , Ball, Stiles, Matthews and Finney, the Charltons..Moore and Allen.

What the Hell is going on with English Football.. England !!!

The players from that past era would be lucky to get a game for a L1 or 2 team

England have a very good team a little suspect in defense but the main problem is Southgate not a chance we win with him in charge way to defensive and not up to it tactically

The players from that past era would be lucky to get a game for a L1 or 2 team
Now that is silly isn't it.....6 of them have World Cup Winners medals!
If they were around now..they'd have the fitness levels of today's players plus the skills that earned them their medals!

If they were around now..they'd have the fitness levels of today's players plus the skills that earned them their medals!
Aaaaah, them were the days. Instead of water breaks they would have been asking for fag breaks during the match. Real men they were ! :p

I certainly don't get as excited as I used to over these tournaments but will get more engaged as it gets closer and starts in earnest. Unfortunately, I find the whole England set up incredibly dull. From the characterless manager to the characterless players. I guess I still look back fondly on the EL Tel era and the Bobby Robson years where the England team had ' something about it' be it the madcap antics of Gazza or the jaw straining passion on Pearce's face. We had some wonderful players then who embraced what playing for the national team meant. It's just not the same now or I'm just getting old *sigh*
Apart from Michael Owen against Argentina I’ve not enjoyed watching England since Italia 90 to be honest. Still hurts. Would have walked that final.

Bellingham, Coady, Godfrey, Johnstone, James and White...honestly the names surprised me!
I guess its because I've ignored the PL this past season!
Make of that what you will...call me stupid whatever..but that's it!
Not at all! Was just interested. Bellingham played for Dortmund and looks like he could become a top class player. Think he's still only 17, I think he'll take him. James has been Chelsea's first choice right wingback all season, I thought he was the best player on the pitch when we drew with them at home last seaso. Coady and Johnstone (young 'keeper) are probably the other two who stand a chance of being in the squad, I'd suspect that Godfrey and White are there purely as backups right now.

Bellingham, Coady, Godfrey, Johnstone, James and White...honestly the names surprised me!
I guess its because I've ignored the PL this past season!
Make of that what you will...call me stupid whatever..but that's it!

You should know White because he's a Poole lad.

As a general related question I'm not sure anyone born in Bournemouth or Poole has ever played for England?

You should know White because he's a Poole lad.

As a general related question I'm not sure anyone born in Bournemouth or Poole has ever played for England?

Jimmy Allen from Poole( Longfleet School)
played for Poole Town FC...transferred to Pompey in 1930 for £1,200 , then to Villa in 1934 - 2 appearances for England in 1933 while at Pompey.
I met him when he was landlord of a pub in Southsea....
Edit note....I think when he went to Villa it was a British record transfer of around £10,000...for a Centre - Half

Last edited:
I find it puzzling how little interest there is on here for CL or Euro. I find those events very entertaining, even though I have no horse in the race. I am very much looking forward to the tournament.

Are there no neutrals for these events, to enjoy the spectacle? I personally don't care who wins, although it might be really interesting if Nathan plays. Anyway, can one of you "veterans" give me some context, I would really appreciate understanding the viewpoint. Thanks.

So every sport has progressed except football then

;