England Euro 2020

Clear penalty for me. He clearly hip charged Sterling and was making no attempt to play the ball whatsoever, just trying to knock him off his stride.
A really careless and unnecessary thing to do. The Danes need to blame the player for his stupidity rather than the referee for correctly spotting it !

At the time I thought it was very soft, but on the replays you can see it's a pen. Also Kane should've had a penalty so it balanced out in my view.

But most of all I really don't care either way. If the world wants to talk about cheating let's start with Schumaker, Maradonna, Koeman, Klinsmann, Rivaldo, etc. and how about Chiesa against Belgium?

I think at least 2 of Sterling, Foden and Grealish can have a major impact on this Final... these guys are fired up like never before. could be the difference if it its tight in the 2nd half....especially if the Ities tire first!

A picture from a Danish newspaper.

View attachment 6025
They are really taking the defeat badly, some even think they should be in the final because some English fans booed their Anthem.
They forget that when they played Belgium and Russia in Copenhagen they did the same.

No one likes a sore loser and tbh any team that losses 2 of 3 group games shouldn’t progress anyway and would not have in previous tournaments. As I said earlier their goal should have been called back. As for booing wtf. Not like the Danes to be cry babies I guess not the Vikings anymore more like wet fish

I know what you man[sic];) but it's hyperbole that exaggerates what its describing and waters down the meaning of the word.

It is one of my seemingly many pet hates because to me it's important to distinguish people who, in your example, think they need to eat and those who's bodies are shutting down from lack of nutrition.

In the same way I think it's important to distinguish between getting a little carried away about your country's sports team hitting a modern high point and attaching national pride with willingness to declare war.
Sh*t typing and not rechecking by me, but I'll be keeping an eye on your posts from now on, if you know what I man. ;-)

Sky

Disciplinary proceedings launched against England

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against England following last night's win over Denmark in the Euro 2020 semi-finals.

England have been hit with three charges, one of which is the use of a laser pointer by a spectator after one appeared to be directed at Denmark's goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel as he prepared to face Harry Kane's penalty.

The other charges relate to fans disturbing the national anthems and lighting fireworks.
In the words of many a manager I didn't see the incident, but any fan, maybe 200
yards away, who can maintain a laser on the smallest of a moving target must be pretty amazing.

Sky

No plans to increase Wembley capacity for final - Downing Street

The prime minister's official spokesman has ruled out increasing the number of fans allowed to attend Wembley for the final.

He said: "There are no plans to extend the capacity."

Any celebrations such as a victory parade for the England team if they win would be set out "in due course", he added.

He said: "I don't want to pre-empt the outcome of Sunday's match. Clearly we want England to go all the way and win the final and then we will set out our plans in due course.

"We will hopefully, when England go on to win, then go on to set out our plans."

In the words of many a manager I didn't see the incident, but any fan, maybe 200
yards away, who can maintain a laser on the smallest of a moving target must be pretty amazing.
It was a Danish fan using the laser to guide the ball to where Schmeichel was diving. Shame he didn't manage to catch it. :LOL:

I know it wasn’t the final, but this was it, wasn’t it a penalty, will probably be discussed for a long time in Denmark, just like the 1966 did it cross the line at Wembley by fans in Germany and England.

Wasn’t the referees first decision to disallow it as he thought there was no contact when Sterling went down and then VAR decided it was?

The referee didn’t go and look for himself on the monitor.

Unfortunately I come across it a lot when playing golf, normally the loser buys the beers, but try and sneak off saying they are late for an appointment. or I was lucky with my shots. Never you played well.

The Danish goal should've been disallowed as well. Here's the recent rule change: "When there are three or more players in a wall, no players from the opposing team can be in to distract and open a gap for their teammate to shoot through.
Opponents will now have to be a metre away from the wall."
Maguire did point out it out to the Ref immediately but the dopey git ignored him. Here you go:Screenshot_20210708-111808-997.png

Reactions: DJ
The Danish goal should've been disallowed as well. Here's the recent rule change: "When there are three or more players in a wall, no players from the opposing team can be in to distract and open a gap for their teammate to shoot through.
Opponents will now have to be a metre away from the wall."
Maguire did point out it out to the Ref immediately but the dopey git ignored him. Here you go:View attachment 6027

Great spot. I noticed Maguire moaning about something, had assumed it was about the decision to award the free kick, not a valid complaint.

;