England

SouthWalesCherry - 9/10/2016 07:20

Took my 9 yr old to Wembley for the first time yesterday. She's been to about 100 Cherries games over the last 7 years, from League 2 to the Prem. As we came away from the ground she remarked how she liked the stadium, but that it was the most boring match she could remember seeing. I had to agree. Perhaps we are all spoiled.

There's no perhaps about it IMO. Been spoilt for some years now, some expect it every week.

It's going to be tough when we fade back to mediocrity.

Having been to a couple of England games at new Wembley, rather that - I would take Dean Court back in League One/Two with 5000 people and Jeff Goudling up front any bloody day.

England, Wembley, the team, the football, the hype - it's all dire. I'll live in hope and wish them well from afar, but won't be paying any money towards the circus any time soon.

Just a heads up.......England are playing again tonight.......so for all you England bashers turn away.

northstandmark - 10/10/2016 10:30

Having been to a couple of England games at new Wembley, rather that - I would take Dean Court back in League One/Two with 5000 people and Jeff Goudling up front any bloody day.

England, Wembley, the team, the football, the hype - it's all dire. I'll live in hope and wish them well from afar, but won't be paying any money towards the circus any time soon.

You didn't mention the appalling noise made by the England 'band'
Enough to keep anyone away from Wembley.
I'm amazed they don't take the hint - never hear a good word about them - but the wänkers turn up every bloody game to make everyone else's night a misery.

It's going to be a tough game. Depending on how Slovenia approach the game. If they play for the draw thinking that they need to secure points to get 2nd in the group then it'll be a long night. If they think they have a chance to win the group they may play to win and open up a bit.

billythekid - 10/10/2016 00:22

Does anyone really come away after an England game and say I really enjoyed that?

The 3-2 win in Berlin against Germany was probably the last time I had the feeling. A very inexperienced team that played at pace and with no fear. I naively thought that it was going to be a brave new dawn.

Unfortunately we then reverted to the old guard and we all know what happened next......!

I thought the Russia game at the Euros was enjoyable in a Bournemouth sort of way. We outclassed them and looked very good... and didn't win.

Norway's game for me tonight. Surely Josh can bag a goal or two against San Marino.
Sniff! #ultrauberfan

AlGard - 11/10/2016 18:02

Norway's game for me tonight. Surely Josh can bag a goal or two against San Marino.
Sniff! #ultrauberfan

Am I missing the irony here or are you really that pleased with yourself for not watching England?

Half the problem with England is self-entitled fans who think they deserve success as if it's their big chance to act like Man United glory fans. I think we're all better off if they watch Norway instead.

I find it funny that a Jack Wilshire who didn't play for Arsenal got game time in a major tournament but the virtually match fit Jack Wilshire who plays for Bournemouth doesn't get a look in during a couple of qualification games.

We're on the way chant being sung by England fans. I'm sure that was a rare Bournemouth original.

We're on the way chant being sung by England fans. I'm sure that was a rare Bournemouth original.

;