England

Audenshaw Cherry - 11/10/2016 21:39

Just awful.

Our MOM: Joe Hart, who saved after at least three dreadful defensive errors.

I really don't know why I put myself through it.

If he keeps that form up, someone like Man C might come calling!

The excuse for England is we struggle to break down teams who put 11 men behind the ball and just defend.

Well Slovenia had the courage to press us and we looked in difficulty. You do worry how we'd cope when a top team attack us. The fact is, even against a weaker side who didn't put 11 men back we still never looked like scoring

The game was crying out for a fit Jack Wilshere.

I tell you what England could do a lot better with a Wilson/Deeney front two partnership - at least we would know that the opposition defences would get a working over..

Absolutely awful. England are slowly running out of excuses. The result was ok a draw away from home is the minimum we should expect but the performance was terrible. If it wasn't for Hart it could have been a sound beating.

I thought we would be better without Rooney, not at all.

A last minute winner in a dire performance against Slovakia. An insipid 2-0 against a minnow and now a 0-0 against Slovenia. Not very inspiring and the team is mostly made up of our "future" players.

USCherry - 11/10/2016 23:02

Absolutely awful. England are slowly running out of excuses. The result was ok a draw away from home is the minimum we should expect but the performance was terrible. If it wasn't for Hart it could have been a sound beating.

A last minute winner in a dire performance against Slovakia. An insipid 2-0 against a minnow and now a 0-0 against Slovenia. Not very inspiring and the team is mostly made up of our "future" players.

Why do England need excuses? They only need to win the group and so far they are doing ok.

They obviously need to improve in key areas - sort out stupid defensive lapses, more composure up front, quicker decision making going forward, vary attacks more including getting wide and crossing more. The front three were disappointing tonight but we do have plenty of options - Townsend for example looked to be a real threat when he came on.

They've got two years to improve the side so a few disjointed performances isn't the end of the world. I don't see any other sides setting the world alight.

I'm going to have to stop posting in England threads - England fans are all big time charlies that think they somehow deserve a successful team. Sometimes your team is just not very good. Decent fans back a team through thick and thin. Imagine supporting Bournemouth like that - every performance is a disgrace even when they win - people immensely proud of themselves because they are too fickle to watch them when they are no good. Pat yourselves on the back lads.

Criticising performances, tactics, etc is one thing but declaring that England aren't worthy of your support is just sh*t support whatever way you look at it. It's amazing that AFCB fans of all people are like this when it comes to England.

SlowDownDerek - 11/10/2016 18:47

USCherry - 11/10/2016 23:02

Why do England need excuses? They only need to win the group and so far they are doing ok.

They obviously need to improve in key areas - sort out stupid defensive lapses, more composure up front, quicker decision making going forward, vary attacks more including getting wide and crossing more. The front three were disappointing tonight but we do have plenty of options - Townsend for example looked to be a real threat when he came on.

They've got two years to improve the side so a few disjointed performances isn't the end of the world. I don't see any other sides setting the world alight.
i made my point. The result is fine in terms of qualification. The performance was not. I like how you are selling yourself as the martyr but take a step back. The performance was bad. Qualification so far unconvincing. I am in no doubt that we will make Russia 2018 but unless we find a coach that can get the best out of what we have (preferably without Rooney) we are going to disappoint at a major tournament again. Let's forget about the nationality of who to hire let's get the best. Get the kids playing without fear.

Didn't watch last night so might help me laugh at this... But the clip of Henderson believing he's Ronaldinho for a second is brilliant lol

https://twitter.com/CPollinger12/status/785937139787857920/video/1

TrevorMorganFanClub - 12/10/2016 08:44

On the plus side, the Spurs players were terrible and we play them soon

On the negative side, the Spurs players when playing for Spurs have been very good :23:

Its going to take time and some really good management to rebuild the confidence of England as a team. England fans booing Rooney? I'm not a fan but he's given his all for England and doesn't deserve that.

Its going to take time and some really good management to rebuild the confidence of England as a team. England fans booing Rooney? I'm not a fan but he's given his all for England and doesn't deserve that.

SlowDownDerek - 12/10/2016 01:10

I'm going to have to stop posting in England threads - England fans are all big time charlies that think they somehow deserve a successful team. Sometimes your team is just not very good. Decent fans back a team through thick and thin. Imagine supporting Bournemouth like that - every performance is a disgrace even when they win - people immensely proud of themselves because they are too fickle to watch them when they are no good. Pat yourselves on the back lads.

Criticising performances, tactics, etc is one thing but declaring that England aren't worthy of your support is just sh*t support whatever way you look at it. It's amazing that AFCB fans of all people are like this when it comes to England.

You really should stop posting , your coming across like a moaning old woman .
This is a Bournemouth forum where your expected to support Bournemouth not an England forum we can have whatever opinion we want of the national team .
I Supported England for ages going all over the place to watch them but for the last God knows how many years they have been embarrassing ,not sh*t ,loads of teams are sh*t but embarrassing and now we're into the whole "well we might qualify at the top of our group" ritual so we should be happy clapping .Feck that !!!

So you used to support them but stopped because they aren't very good? Nobody likes getting beat and you may lose interest in them but patting yourselves on the back for being fickle is sh*t support and you deserve a sh*t team. Poor little lamb is embarrassed after one embarrassing result.

Yes I think I will leave England threads to the 'proper supporters' who are too good them.

sdd is just an unamusing little troll, at least the likes of docmandu and anarcho cherry were good for the odd laugh along the way.

The days getting that emotional about England are long gone.

Like hobbling to work the day after we lost in 98 -after I ran out of the pub and booted a rather heavy police cone in anger...

;