England

beds cherry - 14/10/2016 13:52

The days getting that emotional about England are long gone.

Like hobbling to work the day after we lost in 98 -after I ran out of the pub and booted a rather heavy policeman in anger...

Fixed that for ya Beds :hihi:

Wallmth you're obviously wrong but fair play for arguing your corner.

Grumpy G still upset because I called you out on your bullpoo joke about that guy that tried to kill himself. You can f*ck off.

Yes SSD "obviously " I'm wrong .I guess my fickle son that spent his hard earn cash going to Brazil and then had to run the gauntlet of mental Russians this summer is also a sh*t fan in your condescending armchair supporter eyes .Because he's had enough of wasting his time and money also .

Adam Smith (England)
Simon Francis (England)
Steve Cook (England)
Charlie Daniels (England)
Junior Stanislouse (England)
Andrew Surman (England)
Jack Wilshere (England)
Jordon Ibe (England)
Callum Wilson (England)

This almost entirely English team just obliterated a Premier League side 6-1.

How about sending a few scouts our way Gareth, you tool?

wallmth - 15/10/2016 22:59

Yes SSD "obviously " I'm wrong .I guess my fickle son that spent his hard earn cash going to Brazil and then had to run the gauntlet of mental Russians this summer is also a sh*t fan in your condescending armchair supporter eyes .Because he's had enough of wasting his time and money also .

In fairness in my last rant about England I did say that I've no problem with the fans that go because generally speaking they don't give the team grief and their support is excellent.

The reason I get wound up about England fans is that I think it's plain to see that the players lack confidence and can't handle the pressure. I think the fans are partly responsible for this because they are so quick to call them a disgrace, embarrassment and suggest they don't deserve our support. The press are probably more to blame but either way it all adds up to a toxic atmosphere for the players which gives them a mountain to climb before they start.

I don't really have a problem with people who have lost interest in England - that's fair enough but if you've lost interest in them why spend your time calling them a disgrace and adding to the toxic atmosphere that they clearly struggle with. These guys are just footballers they generally try their best - I don't know why they have to be hailed as either heroes or villains.

Fair enough my rants about England are condescending (and you are right that I am an armchair fan when it comes to England) but the point I am trying to make is that if fans expect players to give everything they've got for the cause shouldn't they at least try to play their part and try to ease the toxic atmosphere that surrounds the England team?

;