European Super League

In my local last time I went there in March to watch football , there were only 9 of us.. 6 of them Manu 'fans' ...1 Arsenal..and 1 Liverpool...oh and me !
So I suppose the Market is here even... for this latest crap !
Moving on for the Sake of Rant:
A numerous and representative assembly of keyboard moths dotted around London and the North West, holding high office...drunk with the Rose Coloured Kaleidoscopic Cocktails served in the bloody Prawn Sandwich Emporiums in the likes of Old Trafford and United Arab Emirates Stadium are pribobly over Jupiter at the prospect of this Idea. Good.. let em enjoy their Soppy Expectations..while their clubs have the odd points burgled by Burnley bless em and Plooky Brighton..maybe they'll miss out on the 6th to 10th place at the moment of reckoning.

Here's my ideal choice of Ten Super League candidates from Britain assuming it can wait till 2050 when I'm 100 years old....Lincoln- Bashley- Mangotsfield- Utd. Bristol Manor Farm, Scunnydogs, Grimsby, Boscombe, Billingham Synthonia , Twanmere Wovers and Partick Whistle !
Unfortunately Lincoln, Grimsby and Scunthorpe might be underwater by then from Ice Melt so substitutes are...Hamworthy Rec, 'Amilton Hackademicals and Peterborough Sports.

Seriously though....what's the point ...they will get bored with that one day.

Getting the Pigs bladder across the fields from Wareham to Corfe was exciting enough!

Last edited:
Indeed - but in the global scheme of things, the "proper" fans, i.e. the fans that actually go to games and support their team through thick and thin - they are of dwindling importance to the moneymen that rule the game.

With global audiences in the hundreds of millions, and the advertising and sponsorship riches that go with it, who'll care if Bert Jones from Salford doesn't get down to Old Trafford anymore ?

Yes I get all that - but they have to have people in the stadium, or it won't work..surely?

Brian, how do we go about getting transported to your alternative universe?:)
(Asking for a friend)

What you do is....you divorce your mind of any early rigid thought influences..I.e. from family, teachers, bosses.....you stop voting Tory or Labour ..or Lib Dem ( tories with heads rammed up their jaxies)....you read all sorts of Literature.( Conrad, Hardy, Ambler and Steinbeck best ...try all kinds of music ( for me Classical tends to work best or Rock n Roll ...variations of Punk can open you up too.)
Study the full spectrum of Comedians through the ages on U - tube.
Vote Green and love All Animals/Birds..and Trees. Watch birds.
..magical things are trees....silver birch my fav.

Above all...don't follow Fashion or Trends.

Only Sheep should behave like Sheep.

What you do is....you divorce your mind of any early rigid thought influences..I.e. from family, teachers, bosses.....you stop voting Tory or Labour ..or Lib Dem ( tories with heads rammed up their jaxies)....you read all sorts of Literature.( Conrad, Hardy, Ambler and Steinbeck best ...try all kinds of music ( for me Classical tends to work best or Rock n Roll ...variations of Punk can open you up too.)

Not a word about painting! Bloody Philistine! ;-)

A great way to devalue a sport. There is no proper league competition without relegation as we can see from the North American example.
Can't agree with you, there is very much huge competition and interest in American sport. But it's a different society and different way their professional leagues have formed. They don't have relegation at professional level but their leagues handicap the best teams by giving the worse teams the first shot at young players and have salary caps to ensure the same 4 teams don't win everything. Don't forget where the playoffs came from and how that means that there are far fewer meaningless games in our leagues. Frankly it's our lack of checks and balances that means top 6 clubs and their supporters think they have a devine right.

Someone is going to make this possible, so what all the club's need to do is make sure that they as a collective own it from the outset, distribute the funds evenly and to grass roots and dictate the terms of participation to the club's who qualify each year. The mere fact that any club is discussing this with any parties in private is a disgrace. Luckily there are slightly less places in such a replacement European competition so its a helluva risk if a top team chooses to not accept the terms, as sure other once top teams would take their place (Villa + Forest have won European Cup remember). Imagine Liverpool and Man Utd turning down, then Everton, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea would happily step over them.

easy - don’t let them compete in domestic league

Maybe this is why they want b teams in lower leagues in readiness for this change?
My point is if the FAs of each country form it first then it ensures no 20 year lock out, but annual qualification and minimal financial benefit for participating clubs, shared benefit for across all clubs. Why wouldn't the governing association do what's right for all their members not just 4, especially when the members control whose running the asylum association.

Aren't you just suggesting following successful trends with the benefit of hindsight that relies on everybody else to try first, set a trend or fashion, thus to establish Steinbeck, classical music etc is worthy of doing.

To follow no trends would to randomly read, listen, watch things etc resulting in an eclectic mix of likes and dislikes that include all manner of 'failed' artists that you wish had caught on so that there was more to enjoy. Politically you would be a nomad, and defo not Green.

If it weren't for trends, how many would have tried that first glass of red and never tried again. Sometimes life rewards you for working hard to copy others until you figure out why they do it.

Finally, if it weren't for listening to my dad, the formative years could have seen me be a glory hunter and swayed by a table-topping Leeds team of old. Very glad to have been a sheep and now lifelong fan.

Aren't you just suggesting following successful trends with the benefit of hindsight that relies on everybody else to try first, set a trend or fashion, thus to establish Steinbeck, classical music etc is worthy of doing.

To follow no trends would to randomly read, listen, watch things etc resulting in an eclectic mix of likes and dislikes that include all manner of 'failed' artists that you wish had caught on so that there was more to enjoy. Politically you would be a nomad, and defo not Green.

If it weren't for trends, how many would have tried that first glass of red and never tried again. Sometimes life rewards you for working hard to copy others until you figure out why they do it.

Finally, if it weren't for listening to my dad, the formative years could have seen me be a glory hunter and swayed by a table-topping Leeds team of old. Very glad to have been a sheep and now lifelong fan.

I have a slight notion that you took my post oh so very seriously....I'm just being me and most regulars on this Forum know my eccentricities ... some have me on Ignore...some like my posts .
We are all different due to life experiences!

All I was saying was..basically I steer my own boat!
I mix together Serious, Joking and Sarcasm all in the same post on occasions when I see fit!

Not a word about painting! Bloody Philistine! ;-)

Yeah sorry, I neglected to mention Painting.
I've dabbled with painting Rob .. my mum was a successful artist around Dorset way back .
..mind you having seen some of your output of Art neither her or me could hope to compete with some the stupendously brilliant stuff you've produced. Has to be said I was astounded when I first saw it.
Some of the other Mouth and Feet painters are excellent too. We have donated on a couple of occasions...after getting postcards.

I would be very happy for a Euro Super League under conditions like;

The so called big six go (Man U,Man C,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs)

a one off billion pound payment from the collective leaving to exit our system, this to be used to sustain football in the uk accross the clubs including top teirs of non league football

then a Top League in the UK of 20 teams

League two of 20 teams

Regionalised two divisions 3 & 4 with 24 teams

All uk football available on all terrestrial TV channels as well as cable/satellite

All FL clubs to have equal stakeholding when it comes to voting and game law changes etc...

a 20% tax to all the Euro clubs on transfers from UK clubs to go into a central fund for grass roots football development.

Salary caps for all divisions in UK

No European football for UK clubs outside of a Euro Super League

Preservation of The FA Cup with increased financial rewards for sucess in it

."magical things are trees....silver birch my fav."
Birch trees "Betula" are a pest for a gardener. so much work. branches falling all over the lawn during storms, catkins dropping everywhere, the leaves are small and great for clogging up gutters.
Now conifers, that's a tree, stay green all year and no work needed.

."magical things are trees....silver birch my fav."
Birch trees "Betula" are a pest for a gardener. so much work. branches falling all over the lawn during storms, catkins dropping everywhere, the leaves are small and great for clogging up gutters.
Now conifers, that's a tree, stay green all year and no work needed.

Fair point made.... but its a bit like all else in life...depends from which angles its viewed from...practical, romantic, nature, political, pokesdown, christchurch, burnley, stoke, hornets nest. ..ad infinitum.
Conflict is always ready to pounce!

Agree about Conifers...most useful things!

Can someone explain why, whenever league structure is talked about.....that a top division has to be only 20 or less clubs...but all others have to be this unrelenting figure of 24....why not All leagues having 20..or All having 24...or 22. The bigger clubs have bigger/ stronger squads and youth schemes do they not ?...so should be able to cope with amount of fixtures

Can someone explain why, whenever league structure is talked about.....that a top division has to be only 20 or less clubs...but all others have to be this unrelenting figure of 24....why not All leagues having 20..or All having 24...or 22. The bigger clubs have bigger/ stronger squads and youth schemes do they not ?...so should be able to cope with amount of fixtures
I was just trying to maintain a FL of 92 clubs...not even sure why it has to be 92??...maybe you're right we should have four leagues of 22 when the top clubs eff off!

;