European Super League

Sport is about competition. The whole point in sport is having the opportunity to be the best, no matter how unlikely. Creating a closed shop at the top of the game kills the very essence of what the game should be about. Not to mention the financial mess it will create down the pyramid when all the tv revenues are pumped into the so called ‘super league.’ The only people this benefits are the owners of the top six. (Whatever that even means, as last time I checked West Ham and Leicester are in the top six currently.)
There's been a 'soft' closed shop since the creation of the Premier League. Cup competitions have a fewer variety of winning teams.

There's been a 'soft' closed shop since the creation of the Premier League. Cup competitions have a fewer variety of winning teams.
Tell that to Leicester. When the Premiere league was formed Man City were in the third tier of English football. Tottenham regularly battling relegation. All have either won the title or come very close to it since it’s creation. The game is changing all the time. West Ham might make the top 4 this season. I could go on.

Six places available in the top flight? Whats not to like? And a much more open, Championship-esque, league. This was always the inevitable conclusion to the same greed that created the Premier League.

Seriously, let them have their glorious Super League. 20 away games in Europe will be the preserve of wealthy supporters only.

I hope it leads to a realignment at domestic level.

Said it before and my opinion doesn't change. Let them go, I won't miss them and we'll be better off without them. The idea that we need the likes of Man United and Liverpool to give our game legitimacy is for the birds.

It all started with the idea that you could support any team anywhere no matter where you're from. These are global clubs and they can sod off to their global league like they've always wanted and I wouldn't care a jot.

Tell that to Leicester. When the Premiere league was formed Man City were in the third tier of English football. Tottenham regularly battling relegation. All have either won the title or come very close to it since it’s creation. The game is changing all the time. West Ham might make the top 4 this season. I could go on.

Man City were a PL side in the first season. As were Oldham Athletic.

Americans involved..J P Morgan Bank.

No British Club should have anything to do with Americans... they are Filth.

Yanks dabbled with Boscombe...and we ended up relegated !

I didn't say it never happened, hence my use of the word 'soft'. I also think that the likes of Man City and Tottenham have ensured that they won't ever be relegated again.

I don't think the Premier League has much to crow about when it accuses the ESL of attacking "the principles of open competition and sporting merit which are at the heart" of domestic football.

Be mentioned in the past about Celtic and Rangers joining the super league as well.

Maybe if Celtic joined it may help Eddie make up his mind if he fancied the challenge against European teams.

;