Everton v AFC Bournemouth

Hour to go....in death row terms the jailers rattling his keys ...

Let the Cherries shove em back in his pocket!
Up the ....Cherrieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssaaaaah !

Sorry to be negative but.... Stacey has been more reliable than Smith. Billing possibly better than Gosling and why isn't he starting Stanislas for God's sake? Maybe injuries or is Eddie still tinkering?

So this is:
Rambo
Smith Cook Kelly Rico
Lerma Gosling
Brooks King
Wilson/Solanke

Or maybe Solanke behind Wilson.

I'm guessing Smith is coming in for Stacey on a pure stamina basis. Lots of games played in a relatively short time, may Jack's looked a little jaded in training.

Same with Stan. This is the first time he's looked fit this year. If they know he definitely can't last the 90 then I'd rather have him for the final 45 than the first given the form he's been in.

I'd go Solanke between midfield and Callum.
I'd rather have had Stacey for Smith.
Stan and Josh wide.
Gosling and Lerma in the middle with Brooks just in front of them.
Solanke upfront. Wouldn't start Callum.

Two in the middle just invites them onto us, then Billing will come on after an hour and try and retrieve the game from 2 goal deficit.
Surridge 89 minute sub.

But then I'm not manager.

I wish I felt positive.

Last edited:
I guess one positive is Coleman isn’t the biggest or most physical of full backs. A good, and final, opportunity for King to really impose himself on the game. We know on his day he can be unplayable but his day is so rare these days

It’s probably best that Villa are tied on points with Watford. Neither team can play for a draw without huge risk. Meaning that both teams might risk leaving themselves open at the back
Yeah that’s something I’m hoping for. Might even get to a stage where one of them are holding onto a narrow defeat if the other is also leading. Of course such a situation would mean we aren’t winning...

It’s probably best that Villa are tied on points with Watford. Neither team can play for a draw without huge risk. Meaning that both teams might risk leaving themselves open at the back

It's strange when Watford could win and still go down, or lose and stay up!

;