Francis and Surman both gone

Not overly surprised they have been released but all three have been great servants for AFCB and should most definitely get some ‘wall space’.

Very worrying if it’s true JT hasn’t spoken to Surman though. Management involves the difficult conversations so hope that is rectified ASAP by him.

Question now is who replaces Francis and Surman as the ‘fickle fans’ scapegoats?
Tindall. See @Neil Dawson

Could see it coming a mile off. It was obvious as soon as JT was appointed that he wasn't going to call Surman following his release... apparently.
You’d have to be a mind reader to predict that event.

Predicting second rate man management skills not so hard, particularly when you have spoken to people who have played under him.

Not like Surman to say that is it really. Hardly a whinger.

Still there will be a club PR statement issued tomorrow putting this right for you to clap along to.

You’d have to be a mind reader to predict that event.

Predicting second rate man management skills not so hard, particularly when you have spoken to people who have played under him.

Not like Surman to say that is it really. Hardly a whinger.

Still there will be a club PR statement issued tomorrow putting this right for you to clap along to.

You don't need to have any personal experience to know its a pretty shocking way of treating people. It's surprising somebody would do that no matter what you say.

It’s easy to bash Tindall, but Surman said he was told 2 weeks ago by Richard Hughes!! Tindall had said only last week that they will sit down to discuss the future! It sounds very much like this decision was made over his head, before jumping in to criticise him it’s worth asking, was he even aware of this!? Very worrying all the same

From the conjecture on here, the main take home message from this thread is, "no-one knows".

Yes, a bad way to have dealt with it, but it's a tad deeper than just being a mistake of Cherries newly appointed scapegoat, who still has yet to wipe his feet on the doormat in his office this morning.

Still, it makes for good ammunition against the fella at this early stage. (y)

From the conjecture on here, the main take home message from this thread is, "no-one knows".

Yes, a bad way to have dealt with it, but it's a tad deeper than just being a mistake of Cherries newly appointed scapegoat, who still has yet to wipe his feet on the doormat in his office this morning.

Still, it makes for good ammunition against the fella at this early stage. (y)

All those years busting a gut and the outgoing coach/incoming manager you did that for doesn’t meet you, doesnt phone you doesn’t even drop you a text..... Fair enough if it was an external guy who didn’t know Drew wiping his feet on the mat coming in but it isn’t.

It’s not ammunition it’s a comment on common decency as I see it!

Man, people trying to sweep this under the carpet...come on now. It's terrible comms and does not bode well if a simple matter like a couple of legends leaving is dealt with so poorly.

But you know, let's give them another (and another, and how about another...) chance!

Leaving the club when we probably need them the most is not the best of ideas. Both are very likeble and are leaders in the dressing room...

I hope I'm right in saying this is the only terrible mistake Tindall will make...

I doubt it was his decision tbh. Maybe this is all part of why Ed left.

There are two separate issues here and it's important to not get them confused.

1. Who is calling the shots? If Surman was told he was leaving two weeks ago but JT thought he was making the decision last week then who is actually in charge of these things?

2. Whatever the answer to number 1, why didn't JT pick up the phone and get in touch with Surman last week? No matter how busy he was, that kind of thing has to be top of the pile as it's basic man management. A poor approach there will filter through to the squad. Football is as much about man management as it is about tactics and the rest. I don't see any excuse at all for Jason not to have contacted both these two long serving team members.

Man, people trying to sweep this under the carpet...come on now. It's terrible comms and does not bode well if a simple matter like a couple of legends leaving is dealt with so poorly.

But you know, let's give them another (and another, and how about another...) chance!
Of course its poor communication, and if I were Surman I'd be upset. Something has gone wrong somewhere, even if Franno doesn't seem to have an issue.

Accepting that though is different from people jumping in and carrying on the sad tirade that they've been trotting out since JT was appointed.

Strange turn of events, but looks like it wasn't even Tindall's decision anyhow if it was a couple of weeks ago that Surman was told by Hughes... which in itself seems weird...!!!!

Regardless, considering JT has been in and around the club for what seems like ever, you'd think he would at least make time to have a small chat with Surman...

Agree totally. As awkward, guilty and sad as he may feel about it... Ring him for God's sake!!

Not really good enough. Surman was even making excuses for why Tindall hasn’t had the time to speak to him.

Even though he’s had two weeks to find a couple of minutes for him.

Yup. It's very poor and pretty basic really. What I loved about Surman was the joy he showed when we won even though he didn't play. That tells you a lot about him as a player and a man. Hope he gets a decent last playing gig. He certainly deserves one.

Please, no more cheap shots at these two stalwarts of our club. Allow them to leave with their heads held high. They have earned it in spades. No one is interested in the "I told you so" commentary.

Two of the most quietly dedicated members of our squad and will be sadly missed. The very best to them both going forward, for them and let's not forget, their families.

Surman was excellent for us in his loan spell back in 2005/06 and was such an integral part of our successful charge to the PL - his “ Sideways Surman “ role exactly what Eddie asked of him ...
Franno in his pomp was superb for us - that team :bow::utc:

...wouldn't like to be thinking that Jason hasn't shown enough class and respect not to have spoken with someone he managed with Eddie...I would bet even Howe has contacted him??

Of course its poor communication, and if I were Surman I'd be upset. Something has gone wrong somewhere, even if Franno doesn't seem to have an issue.

Accepting that though is different from people jumping in and carrying on the sad tirade that they've been trotting out since JT was appointed.
It’s not carrying on a sad tirade though is it. it’s an unemotional response to a strange set of facts.
1) last week JT said he was going to speak to AS and SF ‘this week’. That was nonsense as they had already been communicated to by the director of football the week before. If you don’t believe that JT knew that you are deluded. He has had discussions about the squad he would have and do you think that was left out?! If it was that’s incredible if not he has lied to the fan base on the media.
2) a very loyal and hard working member of this team for many a year has been let go and not recieved a call or text from the manager. That’s terrible.

That’s one, probably two alarming pieces of evidence that JT is no manager. People that pointed it out have the right to point that out again on new news. Just as if Surman had said ‘ I had a lovely call from JT and I’m just gutted not to be working for someone who all the team know will he a fantastic manager’ the 30% evangelicals on here would have tripping over themselves to get to their keyboards.

It’s not carrying on a sad tirade though is it. it’s an unemotional response to a strange set of facts.
1) last week JT said he was going to speak to AS and SF ‘this week’. That was nonsense as they had already been communicated to by the director of football the week before. If you don’t believe that JT knew that you are deluded. He has had discussions about the squad he would have and do you think that was left out?! If it was that’s incredible if not he has lied to the fan base on the media.
2) a very loyal and hard working member of this team for many a year has been let go and not recieved a call or text from the manager. That’s terrible.

That’s one, probably two alarming pieces of evidence that JT is no manager. People that pointed it out have the right to point that out again on new news. Just as if Surman had said ‘ I had a lovely call from JT and I’m just gutted not to be working for someone who all the team know will he a fantastic manager’ the 30% evangelicals on here would have tripping over themselves to get to their keyboards.
Well, apparently Franno did, but your claim that people would be shouting about it doesn't seem to stack up.

I've already said its poor communication, and am only repeating it for you. And yes, it has been a sad tirade, because you've been on and on in between these two episodes. A bit like your new sad obsession with the 30%.

I say I'll do lots this week, I never do.

Lack of communication is very poor and it's a PR disaster, and it's no excuse, but JT has never been their manager - RH called the shots on this one. Which suggests there is a structural change afoot, something which perhaps EH was not in agreement with. That's my major concern here - the bigger issues with who is calling the shots - a bit worrying, but maybe our new way of doing things.

Knowing the ill-feeling with the fans (and AS), I'm sure it's something he'll do as a priority, and maybe we can move on from this and swiftly get on being hysterical about his next slip up. :D

;