Francis and Surman both gone

Blimey.....

Is that not a sign of acceptance of what we have and making the best of it though. Wasn’t it 6% that wanted him in the original Poll.

Anyway, renewed my season ticket today so I’m in again....

Correct. Very few wanted the guy originally but now the decision has been made people are backing him.

Word on the street is that JT's sorting out the leaving do as we speak.. ;)

Haven't all the players been away, Blake also in Russia etc. If Surman was aware two weeks ago, surely everyone was and JT wasn't even the gaffer then....Sounds a bit of a mess but hardly the end of the world.

I know JT not calling surman its pretty shite but with the RH said they weren't being offered new deals 2 weeks ago then JT saying he would sit down with them might of happened but chances are it would of been with agents, and let's say for arguments sake as everyone is chucking theories out there surman and franno, the agents wanted 2 years for franno and 3 years for surman, the club said no and so they were released or the agents didn't want any reduced terms so the club said no, there are 100's of possibilities and believe it or not not all of them paint the club in bad light

Just putting this out as a possibilty(very tenuous).Drew considers today as this week and last week as a different week ,therefore last week +this week = two weeks.

I know JT not calling surman its pretty shite but with the RH said they weren't being offered new deals 2 weeks ago then JT saying he would sit down with them might of happened but chances are it would of been with agents, and let's say for arguments sake as everyone is chucking theories out there surman and franno, the agents wanted 2 years for franno and 3 years for surman, the club said no and so they were released or the agents didn't want any reduced terms so the club said no, there are 100's of possibilities and believe it or not not all of them paint the club in bad light

No, haven't you been paying attention to the word on the street? This categorically proves that JT is a bad manager and it doesn't really matter what happens from now on - it's been proven.;)

My theory is that this decision was taken by the bean counters and JT was given little option. Howe was probably told about this situation and decided it wasn't for him. JT will be asked about not speaking to AS (surely he's done that now) and will have to explain himself because whatever the truth is that's just poor.

Hard to get your head around events given patchy data and timeline and many of us having very raw emotions given recent happenings.

It’s very sad that surman was treated this way but harsh to blame JT if he wasn’t the boss then. Crucially, maybe Eddie was the one who spoke with him given it was announced in a number of media outlets that surman wasn’t getting a new contract in July ie during restart. Maybe that was if we were a prem club but not confirmed if he would get a deal when relegated. Maybe JT spoke with him and Eddie about this in July? We don’t know for sure but surman not getting a deal was not a surprise unlike Franno.

Also, people moaning about the role of Richard Hughes. Maybe he is the right or wrong person to do this role but I think having a form of “director of football” that works with manager and the board is an important element of corporate governance.

Sounds Eddie had too control both for his own welfare but also re transfers that were a bit patchy. Devolving some responsibility from a manager’s role is more in line with other clubs. Emphasis more on coaching. Of course, this can go too far the other way and expose the manager to signings he doesn’t want. But some overview is needed.

NB: of course, what I have written could all be rubbish too!

Always love a one-sided media contrived story. Who is to know if they have been in contact in other ways, maybe they have texted each other, maybe AS text JT when we was named boss, maybe JT whatsapp'd back when he heard AS leaving was finalised. Has AS really spoken to everyone else during the one time a year when they have time off. It's such non story trying to imply bad blood. Top player, big respects, moves on to finish career with a new challenge. Best wishes AS.

Appoint a second rate manager... get second rate man management skills.

Not surprised by this in the slightest. Players dismayed with his appointment is the informed word on the street. Now we are getting an indication of why.
How can you say he is second rate and has second rate man management skills.lets wait and see how he gets on before making statements like that. Get your not happy with the appointment but give him a chance.

What exactly is all the fuss about anyway?....
So JT should have given Surman a call to say goodbye!.....good grief....Surman is a grown man not some ten year old who is in floods of tears after being released.....perhaps it slipped his mind ...maybe JT has had more important things to think about....at least I hope he has !.....let's not bother to judge our new manager on results and performances....noooo let's judge him by how sensitive he is to players feelings !....not that Surman would be that bothered anyway.
....... oh and of course before we make our own mind up on JT's ability as a manager let's all listen to the 'Word on the street"......Jesus wept!.....some people are just desperate for him to fail.

Word on the street. I have spoken to 2 players who are delighted with his appointment and say the squad are looking forward to seeing how things go under JT

sensitive these millionaire footballs, he’s out of contract, so why does JT have to say something to him?

;