Francis and Surman both gone

That phone call is going to be awkward when it happens now.

If I was Surman I'd screen the calls and let it go to answerphone to see if Tindall has a meltdown like Jon Favreau in the movie Swingers.

That phone call is going to be awkward when it happens now.

If I was Surman I'd screen the calls and let it go to answerphone to see if Tindall has a meltdown like Jon Favreau in the movie Swingers.
Maybe Tindall will just send a Whatsapp voice note and then block Surs straight after...?!

I say I'll do lots this week, I never do.

Lack of communication is very poor and it's a PR disaster, and it's no excuse, but JT has never been their manager - RH called the shots on this one. Which suggests there is a structural change afoot, something which perhaps EH was not in agreement with. That's my major concern here - the bigger issues with who is calling the shots - a bit worrying, but maybe our new way of doing things.

Knowing the ill-feeling with the fans (and AS), I'm sure it's something he'll do as a priority, and maybe we can move on from this and swiftly get on being hysterical about his next slip up. :D
I don’t see hysteria! I think you might be right about Hughes role expanding though. I don’t for one minute imagine that JT was kept in the dark about two members of his squad being released.

I don’t see hysteria! I think you might be right about Hughes role expanding though. I don’t for one minute imagine that JT was kept in the dark about two members of his squad being released.
Agreed, I'm certain he would have been informed. If it was Eddie we'd probably be calling it an oversight, but he has the credit in the bank where as Tindall hasn't. Regarding RH, it seems that he will have more influence as time goes on - I'm not entirely sure thats a good thing.

It seems that communication at the club is awry at the moment. Either people aren't talking to each other or it's a deliberate act to assert authority.

Either way it makes People look stupid and, in this case, undermines the new manager.

Two possibilities:-

1. JT knew they'd been let go (and AS said he was told 2 weeks ago) so saying he was going to sit down and talk with them is just foolish, or

2. JT didn't know they had been let go and said he'd sit down and be discussing it with them.

If it's the latter then the club is really in a bad way

More important is who makes decisions about buying and selling. Was JT asked whether he would like Francis or Surman in his squad? I would have thought that is fundamental. Two experienced professionals that JT knows inside out, he may choose to resign one or more of them or not, but I would be appalled if they'd been got rid of without him being consulted.

A cynic would say that JT is being shown his place and should hold his tongue and doff his cap. It is certainly possible to interpret it that way.

Let's hope it is just really poor communication.

Agreed, I'm certain he would have been informed. If it was Eddie we'd probably be calling it an oversight, but he has the credit in the bank where as Tindall hasn't. Regarding RH, it seems that he will have more influence as time goes on - I'm not entirely sure thats a good thing.

I don’t think the Eddie analogy works as to me it just highlights that this would have been inconceivable if he was still manager. Not a good start by JT although I’m sure club puppets Mark McAdam and Kris Temple will be out defending him tomorrow.

I don’t think the Eddie analogy works as to me it just highlights that this would have been inconceivable if he was still manager. Not a good start by JT although I’m sure club puppets Mark McAdam and Kris Temple will be out defending him tomorrow.
...and that is because Eddie was involved in every key decision, JT patently won't be.

I can see the sense in devolving responsibilities - it is not a bad thing to do given that the departure of one man has left us in tatters, no-one would ever fill his shoes.

As a result of this "new way" of doing things, it seems to me that there there are 1) teething problems, or 2) problems.

Either way, Kris has been critical today on Twitter - and hopefully the question will be asked, and then we'll move on.

Before we hang, draw and quarter JT, it might be good if we hear/read the full story.

I am hoping JT or someone will clarify this.

Also thought the one thing lacking at our club over the number of years I have supported them is the PR.

Well, apparently Franno did, but your claim that people would be shouting about it doesn't seem to stack up.

I've already said its poor communication, and am only repeating it for you. And yes, it has been a sad tirade, because you've been on and on in between these two episodes. A bit like your new sad obsession with the 30%.

What is the 30% in reference to? If it’s the front page poll that’s 38% now ;)

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/cook-excited-by-new-tindall-era/

Two possibilities:-

1. JT knew they'd been let go (and AS said he was told 2 weeks ago) so saying he was going to sit down and talk with them is just foolish, or

2. JT didn't know they had been let go and said he'd sit down and be discussing it with them.

Or 3. JT never said he was going to sit down and talk to them.

As I posted earlier, all there seems to be is speculation in the Echo on 11 August.

It is possible that this is a storm in a teacup over an urban myth. Happy to be corrected if anyone can come up with a JT quote or video clip where he actually said that he was going to sit down and talk to the trio.

I'm sad to see Francis and Surman go, both legends of this club. They still could have done a job for us in the Champ there's no doubt but perhaps they were luxuries we could no longer afford considering they're both 33. Will be hard to replace that experience there's no doubt and Drew deserved better if JT hasn't contacted him.

;