Fulham v AFC Bournemouth

AI said we were never as bad as our results suggested at the start of the season and that we were not as good as our results suggested in our good run before Xmas. He was right. We are a work in progress and today showed that. A few key players below par and we struggle. I also think he doesn't know what his best team is.
Disappointing especially as at 2-1 I really thought we were right back in it. I think our new challenge is no longer when will we get a penalty but when will Dom get a free kick?

Agree with 99% of the this and said as much when we were in form and picking up results compared to our results previously and got moaned at for it.

That said, I think he does know who is best XI is, but he also knows he needs to rotate and rest players to get that best XI at its optimum.

Being looking at two different websites with the marks for our players today.

Sky Sports give all our players 6, except for Tavernier and Sinisterra who had 7.

Then whoscored who gave our top mark to Senesi with 7.9.

Tavernier was given 6.7 and Sinisterra was given 6.3.

MOM on both websites was young strikerMuniz.

AI said we were never as bad as our results suggested at the start of the season and that we were not as good as our results suggested in our good run before Xmas. He was right. We are a work in progress and today showed that. A few key players below par and we struggle. I also think he doesn't know what his best team is.
Disappointing especially as at 2-1 I really thought we were right back in it. I think our new challenge is no longer when will we get a penalty but when will Dom get a free kick?
Tbh I didn’t go as overboard as many around Christmas time re AI and our ability to get into European places this season. Thus, my disappointment has a lower fall than many I expect.

No wins from 5 against some weakened sides tells its own story. No doubt opposition teams have identified ways to play against us and some players have dipped a bit from giddy heights. It happens.

Always saw this year as a transition year tbh and we are on course for a good season still. I do believe we will be looking down more than we will be looking up though.

Performance was fine just let down a bit with the finishing. The match was probably one of the most entertaining games of Premier League football I've seen where the result didn't go our way.

Cook gifted them their first on a plate but I think we'd have the better of the chances by at least 1xG closer to 2 with that chance removed. Felt a bit like because we were able to launch attacks virtually at will we were very wasteful with some of the shots taken.

Refereeing again poor, no idea how Solanke got manhandled twice in quick succession but ended up being carded for it.
Agree with this. Some posters calling this the worst of the season clearly don’t remember Goodison. A few overreactions to the defeat IMO, but I guess that’s to be expected.

Agree about Christie. I think he thinks he is undroppable and is starting to play as such. He gave the ball away constantly and should be fined a weeks wages every time he elects to shoot. Him and Cook had zero grip on the game today and that set the tempo. With Scott also largely anonymous our whole engine room was non existent which did for us.
No surprise you jump on an opportunity to have a dig at Christie- same old from you and Waz(aka prat) but simply displays your sad lack of football knowledge- thankfully the manager who you so openly promoted is qualified and KNOWS who is contributing to the cause. But you’ve picked your victims and won’t change ur opinion no matter what - bit like the sad school playground bully.

No surprise you jump on an opportunity to have a dig at Christie- same old from you and Waz(aka prat) but simply displays your sad lack of football knowledge- thankfully the manager who you so openly promoted is qualified and KNOWS who is contributing to the cause. But you’ve picked your victims and won’t change ur opinion no matter what - bit like the sad school playground bully.
I like christie in the midfield and he has been one of our star performers lately but he didn’t have the same impact today. Definitely lost control of the midfield first half.

I like christie in the midfield and he has been one of our star performers lately but he didn’t have the same impact today. Definitely lost control of the midfield first half.
Having watched the whole game do you genuinely think our loss was attributed to the impact or otherwise of Christie? Surely it was more related to the poor defending of our 18 yard box? Maybe Christie does need a rest/dropped but his contribution today had very little to do with why we lost.

We were too complacent in the first half, lacking in intensity and imagination. It was like the attitude was we were now a safe mid table side and just had to turn up to get something out of the game.

AI needs to read the riot act and get them out of this rut and back into the Old Trafford mindset.

Feel like the chopping and changing has disrupted our flow. Quite a few players off form yesterday, nobody had a good game really. Tav is miles off it at the moment and Semenyo is way less effective on the right. I'd actually rather see Brooks on the right side given Sini has the left wing locked down but he's been allowed to go on loan, which I find baffling.

Our defence is too passive at times. Letting Willian cut inside and cross on his right foot is suicidal. Where was the closing down?

Christie plays the whole game at x1.5 speed. Great for pressing and interceptions, less so when it comes to shooting and too many misplaced passes yday. Cook and Scott also poor yesterday so we lost the midfield battle especially first half.

Poor day at the office. We'll be floating in lower half of the table at best if we can't learn to defend properly and be more clinical in attack.

It's about effective Leadership...it doesn't take even the village idiot to work that out....

(Only a few weeks back we were trashing Fulham...hey I said this was another banana skin didn't I? Diddy dangerous Fulham.)

Leadership On and Off the pitch...meaning the 'Recruitment Team' too...probably the priority!
...the Manager must be tearing his hair out...assuming he is the manager carte blank....full control...of everything ? Should be in my book!

FFS Brooks plus Rothwell Out on loan..and I don't care a f√ck where it was..
Disaster of a decision....almost as bad was the Anthony to Leeds f√ck-up.

Mr Foley has problems here... as with his dorks at Lorient..bottom of the Frog League.

Hot Diggity Dawg...It Needs Sorting.
Pronto Tonto !

Neto made one decent save, that’s it. He’s a liability.

Couldn't do much about the first goal, that was Cook, who is a liability.

Second wasn't down to Neto, Zabarnyi should have got to it first but chucked the keeper under the bus by trying to shield a ball to Neto that Fulhams attacker got to first, and was always going to get to before Neto......could easily have just put it out for a corner.

Third goal poor Kerkez had two players to mark at the back post, and can only mark one of them.

If you're looking for someone to blame, look at Cook.

He put us under the pump within 5 minutes when he tried to take an extra touch in the box and fell over.

He could have just launched it into row Z.

Cook, and Christie need competition for places.

Cook will have one when and if Adams gets fit.

Then and only then will you start seeing Cook where he belongs, and that's on the bench.

It's really quite simplistic to blame Neto for everything, seeing as he is the goalie. His stop against Willian when 1-0 down was brilliant.

Had we taken the route 1 option and put the ball into touch for two of their goals we may well have taken a point, or more.

Silly decisions cost us the game, not a better opposition.

Feel like the chopping and changing has disrupted our flow. Quite a few players off form yesterday, nobody had a good game really. Tav is miles off it at the moment and Semenyo is way less effective on the right. I'd actually rather see Brooks on the right side given Sini has the left wing locked down but he's been allowed to go on loan, which I find baffling.

Our defence is too passive at times. Letting Willian cut inside and cross on his right foot is suicidal. Where was the closing down?

Christie plays the whole game at x1.5 speed. Great for pressing and interceptions, less so when it comes to shooting and too many misplaced passes yday. Cook and Scott also poor yesterday so we lost the midfield battle especially first half.

Poor day at the office. We'll be floating in lower half of the table at best if we can't learn to defend properly and be more clinical in attack.
Problem is we don't have any wingers or number 10s who are absolutely making the shirt theirs.

Hence, I guess, the chopping and changing.

Tavernier starting every game is a mystery, he's been absolute rubbish this season.

Watched the highlights on Sky - defending awful.
Not sure where Cook was going with the ball when he fell over , Zabarnyi should know Neto won’t come off his line even an inch to gather that and then two defenders both went for the ball allowing a man free at the far post .
Not good at all .

I’m convinced Scott is going to go onto great things and play for England, but I’m not sure he’s a Premier League number 10 at the moment. I think if he plays, you play him alongside cool/Christie and Kluivert/Billing.

The midfield was completely lacking first half and there was so much space for Fulham

Seen lots of criticism for Kelly for their 2nd but I agree that cross may as well have been a free kick, the amount of time William was given. Not convinced Neto/ CB ( not sure if Zab/ Sensei) weren't just as culpable

I’m convinced Scott is going to go onto great things and play for England, but I’m not sure he’s a Premier League number 10 at the moment. I think if he plays, you play him alongside cool/Christie and Kluivert/Billing.

The midfield was completely lacking first half and there was so much space for Fulham
Scott should take Cooks place.

He doesn't just break up play like Cook does, but when he does get the ball he probably knows what to do with it, in regards to turning defence into attack.

All Cook does if he recycles a ball is knock it backwards.

For so long many people on here have advocated that Cook doesn't have many assists or goals because he's a defensive midfielder....... fair point one would say.

Until you look at how many corners and free kicks he takes.

For all the love of Lewis Cook on here, he has zero attacking threat, is a liability at least twice a game defensively and really shouldn't be anywhere near a PL team, let alone ours.

Tbh I didn’t go as overboard as many around Christmas time re AI and our ability to get into European places this season. Thus, my disappointment has a lower fall than many I expect.

No wins from 5 against some weakened sides tells its own story. No doubt opposition teams have identified ways to play against us and some players have dipped a bit from giddy heights. It happens.

Always saw this year as a transition year tbh and we are on course for a good season still. I do believe we will be looking down more than we will be looking up though.
Jesus, let's have a reality check shall we?

Outplayed Tottenham, very unlucky to lose 3-1, stupid mistake for first goal

I'll jump to Fulham, see Tottenham.

Outplayed WHU, profligate with three great chances to put game to bed, and restricted West Ham to needing a ridiculously soft penalty to steal a point.

Forest a leggy display, the one disappointing performance, still a point.

Liverpool, first goal was always going to be crucial. 4-0 flattered them hugely.

There has been very little difference in those last 5 games apart from:

1. We are not taking chances like we were (but still making lots, goals will come)
2. Conceding a lot more to clinical finishing.

I'm not worried in the slightest, even if we lose the next two.

Someone desperate to cling on to his top half wager by the looks.

Fulham, who were shyte, are in your sweet zone of collecting your bet.

Fulham beat us 3-1

Very unlucky is everyone's excuse for not making it .

;