Gary O'Neil

Anyone else find it odd / frustrating that it's been weeks since it was confirmed our game at Wolves wouldn't be going ahead due to their Cup involvement, yet nothing announced for our league fixture up there?

The weekend of the 20th April for the prospective Cup semi final already see's us going to Villa (probably on the 21st although again nothing announced yet) so it can't have been waiting on Wolves' result v Coventry.

It seemingly has to go into a midweek somewhere, not sure what else there is to wait for in terms of picking which midweek.

Not helpful in terms of arranging travel, work, budgeting etc! I know - moan moan moan I'll stop now.

The fixture at Molineux..or maybe Mal 'ineux for some....will be an interesting confrontation with both clubs in mid-table with aspirations of a higher placing...notwithstanding any 'On the Beach' deviation from the paid for entertainment - now then I wouldn't bet on either club not going down that route.
Will the Cherries avenge the home defeat by imposing their fluidic and mesmirising craft on the more staid and improvising cavaliers in the charge of our ex- saviour....or will we capitulate in the manner of the Dean Court October debacle....?

Reported Key Figures for that game¡

Cherries - possession 33%
- corners 3
- shots 7
- passes 303
- pass accuracy 75%
- fouls committed 15
- yellows 2 + 1 Red

Wolves. - possession 67%
- corners 12
- shots 21
- passes 598
- pass accuracy 85%
- fouls committed 10
- yellows 6

Committment to Win...
...overall appeared to be around 80% to 20% for the away team, Wolves favour.... No ?

Last edited:
The fixture at Molineux..or maybe Mal 'ineux for some....will be an interesting confrontation with both clubs in mid-table with aspirations of a higher placing...notwithstanding any 'On the Beach' deviation from the paid for entertainment - now then I wouldn't bet on either club not going down that route.
Will the Cherries avenge the home defeat by imposing their fluidic and mesmirising craft on the more staid and improvising cavaliers in the charge of our ex- saviour....or will we capitulate in the manner of the Dean Court debacle.

- corners 3
- shots 7
- passes 303
- pass accuracy 75%
- fouls committed 15
- yellows 2 + 1 Red

Wolves. - possession 67%
- corners 12
- shots 21
- passes 598
- pass accuracy 85%
- fouls committed 10
- yellows 6

Committment to Win...
...appeared to be around 80% to 20% for the away team, Wolves favour.... No ?

The obsession is just plain odd. Everything O’Neil does is scrutinised from both sides of the debate.

I’ve never seen anything like it, the microscope isn’t even on Howe as much as this. And whilst there are obviously those who still hero worship Howe…I don’t think any afcb fans are questioned over what they want to happen when he is in the opposite dugout.

It’s clear that with O’Neil, that question is asked however. Why I can only presume is the overriding battle to try and prove themselves right, this leaves question marks for others.

On the above, when a team is chasing the game, they are likely to see an increased percentage of possession and chances created. When a side plays with 10 men for over half an hour, they concede possession and chances. When a team is low on confidence and hasn’t won a game all season, they concede possession and chances…Add all of those together and the stats are increased.

The obsession is just plain odd. Everything O’Neil does is scrutinised from both sides of the debate.

I’ve never seen anything like it, the microscope isn’t even on Howe as much as this. And whilst there are obviously those who still hero worship Howe…I don’t think any afcb fans are questioned over what they want to happen when he is in the opposite dugout.

It’s clear that with O’Neil, that question is asked however. Why I can only presume is the overriding battle to try and prove themselves right, this leaves question marks for others.

On the above, when a team is chasing the game, they are likely to see an increased percentage of possession and chances created. When a side plays with 10 men for over half an hour, they concede possession and chances. When a team is low on confidence and hasn’t won a game all season, they concede possession and chances…Add all of those together and the stats are increased.
The microscope wasn’t on Howe because 99.999% of us wanted him to stay.

Not sure it’s an ‘obsession’ from either side just part of the banter of groups of opposing views that happens on forums.

The improvement is already evident, it doesn’t need to be proven against O’Neil to validate it.
But neither do we really want for him to do the double on us...and seeing Andoni's 'superior football' get us 3 points would maybe set the seal on this matter...until next season... ....assuming both managers haven't moved to Liverpool and Manu !

The microscope wasn’t on Howe because 99.999% of us wanted him to stay.

Not sure it’s an ‘obsession’ from either side just part of the banter of groups of opposing views that happens on forums.

How does picking out tweets from a journalists encounter with him 15 years ago add anything to the “banter”?

That certainly feels like an obsession by the journo, Gaz O’Neil living rent free since 2009. #bantz

I'm just observing football matters without resorting to bias.
Hopefully the improvement will be there for us to see and we can revel in that ..when we go up there, whenever it is arranged .
Are you really observing football matters without resorting to bias?

To claim Wolves were the better team against Coventry suggests not.

Andoni had nothing to do with AFCB firing O'Neil, nor did the fans, and certainly nobody on here. but NOC continues to poke and prod as the online maverick he tries to be. he is arguing with the wrong people. maybe he needs to write a letter to Blake and Hughes :D

I absolutely agree with this. There's an insane obsession about GON which we haven't seen with any previous coach/manager. They just need to let it go, just like we did with previous managers with the exception of Howe's glorification. He was a great manager for us but equally, it did seem he lost the dressing-room, and we were relegated. That doesn't mean he should be ridiculed and I'm glad he hasn't been, but he wasn't perfect as Newcastle are finding out. GON did what he was asked to do for us and despite nearly every pundit predicting with swagger confidence that we would be relegated, we weren't. Those last four games probably tarnished his name to a minor degree in that success, but we've moved on with a good manager in Andoni Iraola and surely, that should be our focus instead of comparing him against anyone else.

I absolutely agree with this. There's an insane obsession about GON which we haven't seen with any previous coach/manager. They just need to let it go, just like we did with previous managers with the exception of Howe's glorification. He was a great manager for us but equally, it did seem he lost the dressing-room, and we were relegated. That doesn't mean he should be ridiculed and I'm glad he hasn't been, but he wasn't perfect as Newcastle are finding out. GON did what he was asked to do for us and despite nearly every pundit predicting with swagger confidence that we would be relegated, we weren't. Those last four games probably tarnished his name to a minor degree in that success, but we've moved on with a good manager in Andoni Iraola and surely, that should be our focus instead of comparing him against anyone else.
100%

Will the Cherries avenge the home defeat by imposing their fluidic and mesmirising craft on the more staid and improvising cavaliers in the charge of our ex- saviour....or will we capitulate in the manner of the Dean Court October debacle....?

- corners 3
- shots 7
- passes 303
- pass accuracy 75%
- fouls committed 15
- yellows 2 + 1 Red

Wolves. - possession 67%
- corners 12
- shots 21
- passes 598
- pass accuracy 85%
- fouls committed 10
- yellows 6

Committment to Win...
...overall appeared to be around 80% to 20% for the away team, Wolves favour.... No ?
You do know we had a man sent off don't you Brian?.......Lol no of course you don't.

Only thing that matters Wolves 2-3 Coventry, I am sorry for you.

You're sorry for him?

I'm sorry for his wife, his neighbours, his former shipmates, next door's cat and the bloke who has to cross the road whenever he goes down the shop and Brian puts his head out.

;