Gary O'Neil

May as well give a little stability to the situation now and give O'Neill the title of interim head coach until the world cup.

There was a case for this when Parker went, but with a potential takeover due in the next month or two it just makes this seem all the more logical.

Gives him some room to plan further ahead than a game by game basis. The squad will know where they stand. Gives time for the ownership to be resolved. Then everyone can sit down during that imposed break.
They said a few weeks to wrap up the takeover and they certainly won’t appoint before then.

No point in giving him the permanent position when there is an imminent take over, so hes in charge till the world up break.....then the new owners take charge....they may have someone else in mind .
O'Neil has done fantastic work with the squad that he has inherited. He's galvanized the team with a backs to the wall mentality.
It doesn't follow that he / our backroom staff could be trusted by the new owners if they slapped 60 million on the table in January. Bearing in mind any January signings would need to take us to the next level next season. I get the feeling that Blake, Hughes and Mostyn's days at the club are coming to an end.

O'Neil has done fantastic work with the squad that he has inherited. He's galvanized the team with a backs to the wall mentality.
It doesn't follow that he / our backroom staff could be trusted by the new owners if they slapped 60 million on the table in January. Bearing in mind any January signings would need to take us to the next level next season. I get the feeling that Blake, Hughes and Mostyn's days at the club are coming to an end.

Thats a very good point. Wouldn;t be a surprise at all if they did totally 'restructure' all the way around directors, mgmt. I can't imagine an American, VC Group will be shy around making those kind of changes...

Just imagine @Neil Dawson reaction if Blake and Hughes were retained by them :D.

Yes if or when a takeover goes through then all bets are off. Everything goes up in the air from the very top of the club down.
Thats a very good point. Wouldn;t be a surprise at all if they did totally 'restructure' all the way around directors, mgmt. I can't imagine an American, VC Group will be shy around making those kind of changes...

Just imagine @Neil Dawson reaction if Blake and Hughes were retained by them :D.

I think O'Neill has done a great job so far. I also think that Parkers comments inadvertently helped him a lot in engineering the team spirit. Lets face it if you were a player you would want to prove to Parker that you are good enough to play in the PL and stay up.

Well his post-match comments were certainly praising of the travelling support in a way we haven't heard in a while. Soundbites maybe, but sometimes soundbites are important.

Yes, although I'm not overly fussed by managers clapping fans, saying right things, theres no getting away from it helps build some kind of bond, positive relationship, good will with significant parts of the fanbase.

If Eddie was our last caretaker manager then it would be true and memorable. Trouble is we’ve tried the same trick four times after it to disastrous results and all have been sacked in six months. All had a bright start too!!

I was referring to EH as last caretaker, not sure if JW was actually appointed caretaker,anyway EH was the last one I meant.

G
I was referring to EH as last caretaker, not sure if JW was actually appointed caretaker,anyway EH was the last one I meant.

Groves, Bradbury and Woody were all caretakers appointed eventually. Tindall harder to work out… he took training while we ‘searched the top management talent out there’ but then was appointed. Either way, Eddie was by no means the last go we had with a caretaker appointment.

He comes across very well when interviewed and has a grasp of the Queen's/ Kings English. The effect he has had on the team shows he well respected by the players and they are playing the tune he is writing them. 5 points from 9 is a solid return and the manner of the performances , especially the comeback from 2-0 down against Super Florist has shown we have a team of fighters, listeners and believers. I can see no reason why Demin will remove before he sells up . The new owners will have a decision to make but I, as others have stated, hope he stays at the club if he is replaced as first team coach/manager. He's doing a fantastic job and long may it continue to bring in vital points.

Give the guy and his team good contracts.

They will be sacked the moment the new owners take over but they will have some financial security and our respect and thanks.

Carlos Corberan? The manager of the Huddersfield we beat easily in both matches, one of them away, when they had the chance to go second if they won : )

;