Gavin Kilkenny

I've noticed he's been fit enough to sit on Stoke's bench for the last few games but not trusted to come on, even when they've needed something different. Man of the match in his last appearance under their old manager, I don't think he's had a single minute under the new one. Surely we'll recall him in Jan and try to find another club for him?

I've noticed he's been fit enough to sit on Stoke's bench for the last few games but not trusted to come on, even when they've needed something different. Man of the match in his last appearance under their old manager, I don't think he's had a single minute under the new one. Surely we'll recall him in Jan and try to find another club for him?

100% , we should do, depending on how next few games transpire and we talk to them about their plans around him this season...

The Stoke fans havent seemed that enamoured with him so far, but he stood out in our championship midfield in quite a few games last season. A midfield that is far far better than Stoke’s lol.

I’d say in hindsight it was a mistake to send him there. Nowhere club in a bit of a tumultuous situation; a more positive side like Coventry or Swansea or someone would’ve been better perhaps? He’s certainly good enough for the Championship.

The Stoke fans havent seemed that enamoured with him so far, but he stood out in our championship midfield in quite a few games last season. A midfield that is far far better than Stoke’s lol.

I’d say in hindsight it was a mistake to send him there. Nowhere club in a bit of a tumultuous situation; a more positive side like Coventry or Swansea or someone would’ve been better perhaps? He’s certainly good enough for the Championship.

Yeah, a more progressive club, that'd appreciate him, more suitable environment. Rather than a club with frustrated fans, delusions of grandeur who've been a been of basket case since relegation a few years back.

Probably other games too, but Bristol City away always comes to mind when I think of Kilkenny. Was a faultless display that day. Kind of in a Surman like role, but seemed more mobile, prepard to take risks and go forwards more often (betting creativty perhaps?). At the centre of us dominating possession in their half, spear-heading the assault... almost embarrassing for Bristol City how we dicated that game to such a relentless degree, at their ground.

Seems to be posses a very good 'natural' level of technical ability, intelligence. Lets hope some decent loans bring up other areas. Looks like he could be one of, if not the best players thats ever come through our youth system. Seems to have some attributes/natural ability or 'magic' already that some people never achieve same level in over their whole career, so a really exciting prospect, hope it works out well for us and him, otherwise may be one of those 'remember how good he looked' when younger players, when this thread announces he's signed for Exeter on a free transfter in 10 years for 12 months, after being released by Swindon.

Was almost a victim of our success/ambition. and the fact his role was in their position(s) we had almost embarrassing strength of depth for champ level. If he was say a winger or wherver with his level of ability/potential, I'm certain he'd have had a lot more game time the past couple of years. One of those things.

Will be interesting to see how his career pans out. Recall reading articles in several resources a couple of years or so ago, that him listed in top 10 players to watch/hot prospects in English football.

I know @Topfarrier will disagree though ... ;)

Last edited:

Absolutely. The lad has bags of talent. Someone will appreciate him.

Didn’t start in the cup for them vs Hartlepool. Think we need to recall him and get him some games.

I was going to say that. At least he's a busy type of player who wants the ball.

I know he was injured earlier in his loan spell but he's been an unused substitute for about the last four or five games.

I would love to see AFCB recall him from Stoke (if that's permitted) and give him a try in the PL to see what he can bring. Then, if beneficial and he is willing, loan him to Lorient where presumably he would play more.

It would be a gamble but we’re in the poo so it might be worth a try and recall him. He is sharp, lively and looks to link play. At the moment we can’t play through the thirds. Not many are showing for the ball currently. He may be lightweight but he always looks to get on the ball.

It would be a gamble but we’re in the poo so it might be worth a try and recall him. He is sharp, lively and looks to link play. At the moment we can’t play through the thirds. Not many are showing for the ball currently. He may be lightweight but he always looks to get on the ball.
I think he is a very decent bench option at least. His wages must currently be on the lower side, so in a position where we sometimes lack creativity he could be a decent squad player and option from the bench. If we don’t sign anyone better in this window, bring him back and give him some sub appearances to stake a claim and inject a fearless element into the team.

I think he is a very decent bench option at least. His wages must currently be on the lower side, so in a position where we sometimes lack creativity he could be a decent squad player and option from the bench. If we don’t sign anyone better in this window, bring him back and give him some sub appearances to stake a claim and inject a fearless element into the team.

he couldn't be any more ineffective than lewis cook

;