Harry Arter

so apparently he's on 20k at Forest... cant see County paying even a quarter of that (pushing for playoffs in National league, although if they have weatlhy owners, may be happy to absorb costs to try and get back into the 4th flight). I'm guessing forest 'happy' to let him go anywhere at this point, hence this move. clearly all over at the city ground for him.

honestly think the guy is depressed, still has mental issues due tothe tragic episode years ago, hence the rapid decline. he'll be lucky to be at a league 1 side next year at his rate. still has 18 months on his forest deal. I guess the medical checks didn;t go too far into his mental state.

I expect forest terminate his contract/mutual agreement this summer and he'll end up playing for a non league club, then leave them by Xmas, and disappear altogether or bounce around non league clubs who hope he may provide some semblance of his previous ability.

Very sad really when you think back to the united game and his form before that. Rapidly dropped off a cliff soon after.

Last edited:
I really hope this fantastic little bloke has a happy and heroic end to his career at Notts County....and helps this famous old club back where it belongs in the League system.

I hope Harry is OK, there's a lot of affection for him at Dean Court and I'm sure he knows that.

We’re glad to have him. He’s obviously got to get fitter but the signs are already good that he can help us. And we need help.

We’ve no realistic chance of promotion to be honest, we just can’t take our chances and concede silly goals. Like the majority of clubs in all leagues who won’t be promoted this season.
But who knows, maybe he’ll make the difference. I hope so.

This league is pretty awful. Games get postponed at the drop of a hat. The refereeing is on a whole new level of low.

But the club exists and is stable. And I get to watch them. All things to be grateful for.

We’re glad to have him. He’s obviously got to get fitter but the signs are already good that he can help us. And we need help.

We’ve no realistic chance of promotion to be honest, we just can’t take our chances and concede silly goals. Like the majority of clubs in all leagues who won’t be promoted this season.

This league is pretty awful. Games get postponed at the drop of a hat. The refereeing is on a whole new level of low.

But the club exists and is stable. And I get to watch them. All things to be grateful for.

Good to hear from you again.

The last times our two teams met was nearly nine years ago at Dean Court in
League 1.

I won’t remind you of the result. ;) :grinning:

It was the sixth game of our eight game winning run and promotion into the Championship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21979516

The Famous Black and White stripes of Notts County, the ancient phenomenon of our National Sport......an old adversary of ours in D3 and D4...Tony Hateley, Jimmy Sirrel, Charlie Crickmore, who played for us too... a club twice our size who if they look at where we are now from where they are...can see some bright horizons !

The Famous Black and White stripes of Notts County, the ancient phenomenon of our National Sport......an old adversary of ours in D3 and D4...Tony Hateley, Jimmy Sirrel, Charlie Crickmore, who played for us too... a club twice our size who if they look at where we are now from where they are...can see some bright horizons !

how do feel about a non league club having a bigger stadium :D

;