Harry Arter

If AFCB wants to outright sell him then it makes sense to sell to a PL side (more money to spend). However, from Arter's point of view, will he be much further ahead with Cardiff? They have a few other midfield options so there is no guarantee he will be starting and if he has a couple mediocre games he could be on the bench again for the rest of the season.

Not a great move for Harry though, is it ? Prospect of a very difficult season ahead, a real struggle, and very likely that a new manager will take over from NW by Xmas. Not exactly mouthwatering.....he'd be better off, from a confidence/morale point of view, joining an ambitious and successful Championship team.
I can't disagree with that, although I think Neil Warnock will be with us all season, come what may. If anybody can keep this group of players up, it is him.

If AFCB wants to outright sell him then it makes sense to sell to a PL side (more money to spend). However, from Arter's point of view, will he be much further ahead with Cardiff? They have a few other midfield options so there is no guarantee he will be starting and if he has a couple mediocre games he could be on the bench again for the rest of the season.
We have landed the Spaniard today, but are desperate for a second quality midfielder. Our style of play is so "attritional" on our own players that we need even better depth for this season.

Sorry - redundantly posted this on the Deadline Day thread.

Keep Harry until Christmas. See how things go. Give him every opportunity while Jeff becomes accustomed to "the Cherries way". Injuries and Cup play to consider. Eddie to help Harry determine what he wants, while being candid about his chances at BM. He might bring real good value in the mid-season transfer market.
Unless ........... we get an above-market bid and it is to a club that Harry would approve.
I only started watching AFCB in the first PL season, and Harry made such an impression, running all over the pitch, terrorizing opposition, pure energy and grit. I would love to see that in our colours again, but if not, I hope it is an amicable parting. He deserves to be recognized as a Cherries legend.

I can't keep up with this. I understand that we tried for a loan, but then agreed to buy, but then Arter apparently wasn't keen, which is strange, given what has been said here about sounding players out. Sounds like agent interference to me.

As I mentioned before, if Harry leaves us I think it will be nearer to London and family.

The lady on Sky Sports News at Cardiff just said that Harry trained this morning and is still in Bournemouth, so doesn't look likely.

It did make me laugh that she kept saying "her sources" which I can only assume is her colleague Mark McAdam.

The lady on Sky Sports News at Cardiff just said that Harry trained this morning and is still in Bournemouth, so doesn't look likely.

It did make me laugh that she kept saying "her sources" which I can only assume is her colleague Mark McAdam.

It's all journo-media hyperballs.

Roll on 5.01pm

They're now reporting he's on the way to Cardiff for a loan move... Suppose it's probably only half an hour in a chopper / plane so still time.

Isn’t it Harry that doesn’t like flying?

Loan deals do not need to be sorted today according to what I heard earlier, unless that doesn’t include the PL.

;