Harry Arter

Trains in Cardiff, lives in London. Do footballers really do so little work that a 6 hour round trip to work is feasible?

From the article:

"their home’s proximity to Paddington station makes it easy for him to travel to Cardiff — where he stays on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. "

He only has to do it a couple of times a week.

Lots of people commute from Bmth to London and that isn't that far short in terms of journey time. Especially as many of them will have further to go when they get to London.

It's clear his time here is over but I wish him nothing but good things for the rest of his career and life and he will rightly be remembered as a genuine AFCB legend.

Yep certainly explains why he didn't play from January on....was the Brighton game his last start for us?....anyway wish him all the best.....an incredible player for us.

Was gutted when he left for Cardiff as he's been my favourite player for quite some time now. Reading this explains alot, I wish him all the best. What a player.

Sadly for Harry he has to move on, he just wouldn’t get in our midfield now. Lerma and Cook have the central midfield all theirs, and then we have the Wee Man and Brooks. We’re in a different league now, sorry Harry, but, thanks.

As I am a JCL, I can honestly say that Harry was one of the first players that I really enjoyed watching - all of which came not long after the tragic event. His energy and "chase" was unbelievable, causing opponents to make hurried decisions. Will always see that in my mind.

That said, given the business aspects of the game, anyone have an opinion on what would he fetch in the transfer market?

You missed him in the Championship winning season which was, for me, his peak. He was like a greyhound with tiger teeth the way he used to tear around the park and dominate the opposition at that level and notched a fair few goals as well, given the extra space afforded in that league.

I'm not sure we'll be getting market value for him, whatever that will be. I think this will be a case where the club/EH respect his wishes a bit and he's allowed to go to the right club for his family rather than the club that bids the most. I guess it'll be about £5 million or something but hard to predict really.

Sadly for Harry he has to move on, he just wouldn’t get in our midfield now. Lerma and Cook have the central midfield all theirs, and then we have the Wee Man and Brooks. We’re in a different league now, sorry Harry, but, thanks.

He says personally he needed to move on. Not that he wouldn’t get in the team

Expect that article has knocked a couple of mil off of what we'll get for him lol.
Good luck to him though, great player for us. He looked good in the prem for 12-18 months but seems to of struggled other than that, who knows how good he would of been without the personal problems though.

Yep certainly explains why he didn't play from January on....was the Brighton game his last start for us?....anyway wish him all the best.....an incredible player for us.
I'm not sure it does explain why he didn't play after January - he was on the bench enough times without coming on.

He was a great player for our club, as were all that got us promoted but I don't seeing him coming back here, we've moved on. I don't think he'd be even good enough to get on our bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will always remain one of my favourite AFCB players I ever saw, wherever he goes next. Simple as that really.

Me too. He faded there’s no doubt about that but at his peak people couldn’t live with him. I’m yet to see Lerma or Cook match some of his displays in our first season up. That said they are better than him now sadly. I think his mind never recovered the tragedy he went through which is really sad.

....will forever be remembered as a huge driving force on our journey to The PL......but we have moved on and so must Harry.

I wish him and his family the very best for the future......and thanks

;