Harry Arter

No such thing as a guaranteed starter and even Harry must realise he'd only get picked on merit. If he wants to walk into a side and stay there then maybe he should get a move to one of the sides coming up, or a top Champ side.

I'd LOVE Arter to be back on top form and deservedly starting games for us... Would offer us a great central midfield 3, with L.Cook and Lerma... But he needs to accepts if can't demand a start...

If I'm honest, given all the publicity around 'why' he wanted to leave the club, I don't think this would have changed... However, I guess there is a chance that the year away from the club has had a positive effect and done the job, and he's now ready to look forward and get back to his old self...

Great news for everyone if it's the case...

much as I have loved harry, I would prefer a better "physical specimen" in our midfield, be it the hudders man or someone else. always remember what a boost anton robinson was when he joined us.

That would be great and a complete 360 degree turn to what everyone expects
This is what I was getting at on the Hyndman thread. Would we rather have Harry back if he accepted that he wouldn't be an automatic starter. Maybe some time away has cleansed his mind. Maybe would could all treat it as a new start.

a lot of sentimentality over harry arter, a shadow of the player he used to be

would prefer his cardiff team mate victor camarasa

I'm not convinced it's sentimentality... With his head in the right place, Harry would be a welcomed addition... The guy was obviously not in a good place, and understandably so, for some time... Maybe anger was getting in the way of his day-to-day...

As mentioned earlier by myself and others, that maybe the time away from Bournemouth has given him time to start looking forwards...

I would love to have Harry back in our squad next season. We could pay a fair chunk of money for a risky young inexperienced player who is worse. Arter slots straight into the AFCB way, although on the bench a fair bit.

I cannot however shake a nagging thought that it's just sentimentality saying that. Arter season before last was pretty turgid.

A hard call for sure. If anyone get can Arter back to his best - it's Eddie?

Last edited:
I'd personally love to see us begin to play 3 in the middle, but that then means one of King, Wilson or Solanke up front...

I agree, Arter was not himself 'that' season and we all now know the reasons behind his move away last season and his thoughts for his future, then... Who knows if him being at pre-season is literally a case of him getting fit, in readiness for a pending move away, or him in a good place and willing to battle it out under Eddie for another season...

Either way, I hope he can get his head and ability back in 'that' place... and preferably for us...

When Harry was at his best, and I’m thinking of the promotion season here, he played with a calmness and composure in the middle of the park. He’s never really been able to do that for us in the PL.

It might he just lacks the ability to control games at this level so compensates with increased aggression. Now controlled aggression which we see with Lerma can be a good thing, but when Arter is charging around the pitch getting himself out of position and with reckless tackling he is a liability.

;