Harry Arter

Perhaps if Arter doesn’t want to play for us any more he should stop taking the wages
Club hero who we owe so much too, played through unimaginable (to most) pain to get us points that kept us in the Prem and earned us 100’s of millions, training hard and available to play and has already put in the best performance of our five central midfielders this season... JT prefers Dan ‘chase my first touch’ Gosling and according to you Harry should give his wages back?

We don’t know whether Harry wants to be here or not but we do know from his past interviews that if he doesn’t it’s because this place has memories that make life difficult. We should have sympathy.

At face value selling him at all seems stupid and selling him to a championship rival seems criminal. I even think letting Surman go was a mistake, I'd sell Lerma and keep both.

Obviously off field issues are likely to be significant here but even so it doesn't feel right.

Club hero who we owe so much too, played through unimaginable (to most) pain to get us points that kept us in the Prem and earned us 100’s of millions, training hard and available to play and has already put in the best performance of our five central midfielders this season... JT prefers Dan ‘chase my first touch’ Gosling and according to you Harry should give his wages back?

We don’t know whether Harry wants to be here or not but we do know from his past interviews that if he doesn’t it’s because this place has memories that make life difficult. We should have sympathy.

we all have sympathy and agree he's a legend, most, myself included, would prefer him to gosling but he doesn't want to play for us anymore (widely accepted apart from you it would appear) so needs to find himself another club and let us find a replacement

we all have sympathy and agree he's a legend, most, myself included, would prefer him to gosling but he doesn't want to play for us anymore (widely accepted apart from you it would appear) so needs to find himself another club and let us find a replacement
So why did he play against Palace...?

He's contracted to play, he played. As long as he puts the effort in when called upon I think thats ok.

I'm bemused as to why he didnt play yesterday though.

I can't quite understand this either... I'd initially thought that Tindall doesn't want players around that are not part of his plans, for what ever reason, however, playing him in central midfield in the week, and almost watching him play a MOM performance, and then not even making the bench on Saturday seems plain odd...

I know it was a cup game and largely fringe players etc.but still... Our central midfield was a huge contributory factor to us going down, and is seemingly still not right. We have never replaced the quality and passion of Arter and Ritchie, with box to box players, and here we have an opportunity to see what Harry is all about, even if for a few games only... but dropped.

On current form, I'd put Arter above all our central midfielders... 59% pass accuracy on Saturday?!?!?

Love him, cuddle him, see if he's willing to stick around and be a big part of this side for the next 12 months, even offer him better terms... Just play him while we can...

Last edited:
Yes he has had some tragic circumstances..........but he's back here training, played a competitive game, good enough to make a start at Boro,.....why would we want to sell him to a team in this division? Because with all due respect cant see him getting a PL club.......lots on here say he doesn't want to be here....do we really know that ? ....if he has stated that, then sorry , i missed it.

Kris Temple tweeted something to that effect a week or so ago, I believe
that's what I been basing my questions on

Temple said as much during commentary for the Palace game. He also said that they'd been told under no uncertain terms that Arter would not be available for interviews after the game.

I saw some of the answers from JT in his Friday press conference but it didn't seem like he was asked about Arter.

Best club for Arter is one in or near London where his family is.

Think if it was Fulham they would have come in for him by now.

Otherwise maybe a complete break and move to one abroad.

I do accept he wants another club. I don’t think he should give his wages back

I do accept he wants another club. I don’t think he should give his wages back

exactly, he's signed a contract with the club. unless it has a pay per play clause, why should he relinquish his salary. if the club are that aggrieved, pay him off and get rid now.

There’s nothing more I’d like to see (well apart from Howe coming back) than to see a committed Harry Arter in an AFCB shirt this season.

But all the signs are that it’s just too difficult for him to be here. Under normal circumstances should we sell to a rival? Absolutely not, it’s madness, but his circumstances are anything but normal and whatever we can do to make him find peace and happiness we should do it.

There’s nothing more I’d like to see (well apart from Howe coming back) than to see a committed Harry Arter in an AFCB shirt this season.

But all the signs are that it’s just too difficult for him to be here. Under normal circumstances should we sell to a rival? Absolutely not, it’s madness, but his circumstances are anything but normal and whatever we can do to make him find peace and happiness we should do it.
And to be honest if he doesn't want to play then we need to get him off the books so we can bring in someone who does

;